August 17th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• US Border Patrol intercepted and seized 20,457 pairs of fake Christian Louboutins at the Los Angeles/ Long Beach seaport. The shoes had a retail value of $3/pair, but would have been worth about $18million were they sold here in the States. Border Patrol will likely burn the offending stilettos, to the great dismay of noted knockoff shoe connoisseuse, Rasheeda from Love and Hip Hop Atlanta. Guess she’ll just have to wait for the Loubi sample sale like the rest of us! (ABC News)

Bethenny Frankel of Real Housewives fame is looking for “real women” (whatever that means) to walk in her Skinnygirl Solutions fashion show at Macy‘s Herald Square this Fashion’s Night Out. Submit a photo of yourself here before Wednesday, August 22nd, and explain how shapewear has helped you for a chance to meet Bethenny and make your runway debut.

via Styleite

• Condé Nast debuted an interactive fashion game for the iPad and iPhone called Fashion Hazard. The game gives a high fashion Temple Run sort of vibe. The player is tasked with sending their model avatar safely down the runway, collecting coins (bling), and avoiding obstacles like fallen models and a snake just asking to be made into a purse. The game is targeted at women, though there is a male avatar plenty of fashionistos will be happy to send down the virtual catwalk. Get it for 99 cents at the Mac App Store. (Fashionista)

• Peep the lookbook for e-tailer Nasty Gal‘s debut collection, shot by Terry Richardson. (Refinery 29)

• Adorable Vogue booking associate Simone Tetteh shares her 5 favorite outfits to wear with the Fashion Bible. Once again, I warn you: Teeth is super adorable, and you might have a serious girl crush once you’re through looking at her photos. (Fashion Fiend)

• Get ready, ya’ll, Naomi Campbell is headed to New York City in early September to film her upcoming reality show, The Face. Will she make a cameo at New York Fashion Week? Feel free to speculate. (The Cut)

~Jihan

30 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Border Patrol Busts Counterfeit Louboutin Shipment, Condé Nast Debuts New Fashion Video Game, and Naomi Campbell’s The Face Starts Filming Next Month”

1. Kitana says:

I’m so glad they busted this person with these awful shoes. but WOW that was a low blow to Rasheeda. How did you gather that she loves knock offs? She wore an inspired shoe. I don’t think she’d wear a fake Louboutin. She was on “BET How im living” way back in the day. Owns a nice home and cars, the same home she’s filmed in. she can afford Louboutins, some folks just prioritize differently….

2. Ooo, Jihan you’re wrong! I don’t think it’s fair to try to bust Rasheeda out. There is a clear difference between Qupid knocking off a pair of designer heels and bootleg merchandise shipped from over seas.

3. mary says:

NAOMI CAMPBELLS HAIRLINE STRESSES ME OUT

4. bri says:

That was a low blow to rasheeda. Smh. @mary girl me too!

5. Law Diva 1908 says:

Soooo wearing an inspired by pair of shoes from Steve Madden for example is now the same thing as wearing knockoff Louboutins??? Oh…okay if you say so. And what was the point of the dusty looking lil girl in the bathing suit? Clearly I’m slow because I didn’t get the purpose of that attachment at all.

6. Kory Conover says:

Cant wait to see the debut of The Face. I LOVE Naomi Campbell. Cracking up at Jihan for what she said about Rasheeda.

7. Indigo says:

Let me find out Chad head butted Naomi too!

8. MsKay says:

Hi Jihan, I think Simone’s last name is TETTEH not Teeth. Its a Ghanaian name. She is gorgeous.

9. MsKay says:

Hi Jihan, Simone’s last name is TETTEH not Teeth. Its a Ghanaian name. She even has a twitter @simonetetteh. She is gorgeous.

10. Robin says:

The shade of it all… There’s a difference between knockoff and inspired, no? By your definition I’m a sure offender because I just put a purchase on some Zanotti inspired joints and plan on rocking them with the upmost class and ease. Who gone check me boo?

Simone is gawjus.

11. tasha says:

$18 millions dollars of some knockoff shoes. That is crazy. Burn all of them. I tell people buy what you can afford. Why buy something fake when you can get you a nice coach, kate spade or even prada. Heck all designer depts have sales. Save your coins for that

12. No says:

Chile.. im still appalled at the blow to Rasheeda.. I’m pretty sure she can afford Louboutins even if she hasn’t been on the top game as far as female Mc’s is concerned.. but I don’t see anything wrong with wearing something thats inspired. I don’t care how much money one has or does not have, who are we to judge?? Sheesh

13. Taryn Nicole says:

Simply put, there’s a difference between knockoff and inspired. Knockoffs try to pass as the real shoes. For instance, the cheap Louis Vuitton bags that are made of cheap materials and have the LV logo and sold at hair stores are knockoffs. Getting a pair of heel-less wedges from Go Jane that DON’T say Giuseppe Zanotti in them are simply inspired. It’s the look for less. If everything that isn’t EXPENSIVE designer is a knock off, then you might want to check your own wardrobe Jihan, because every designer “knocks off” another’s. Think about it…

Naomi, *sings* “Let that hairline goooooooo.”

14. MIMI says:

That link though. I’m confused. A mess.

15. TAMMY M. says:

I hate seeing females shade each other over something so minimal. Shame Jihan. True be told Rasheeda’s shoe was nicer than the original.

16. Cookie says:

Jihan, please keep speaking ya mind. Didn’t bother me one bit that you made a comment about Rasheeda!

17. Alyssa says:

The shade!!

18. Alyssa says:

Also based on what I gather from Jihan’s sense of humor, that attached pic was a joke.

19. MIMI says:

Jokes are usually funny. And if you’re going to be snarky that needs to be humorous as well. Otherwise is comes off at “mean-girlish” & this is one of those times.

20. Kalimah says:

Rasheeda looks great and her shoes look better!

21. addikted2fashion says:

1. Inspired by is COMPLETELY different from knockoffs. Believe that lesson is taught in Fashion 101.

2. The Conde Nast game is called Fashion Hazard, not Runway Hazard.

3. Im usually here for Jihan’s humor & sarcasm but that Rasheeda comment didnt make me chuckle at all. It made me side eye Jihan for that low & unnecessary blow.

22. krystel says:

Oh…it’s getting hot on the Fashion Bomb!!!

23. Alyssa says:

welp

24. Anoynomous says:

Jihan, I usually find you to be very humorous, but that Rasheeda comment was irresponsible reporting and should be retracted. Eluding that a celebrity partakes in something that’s not only illegal, but fashion taboo is a serious disrespect to their brand. When I saw the post, I went and researched to see if Rasheeda had been caught somewhere flaunting a knockoff, because I still can’t believe you would write that based on her wearing an inspired shoe. That’s a serious accusation, and although I’m sure she has more important things to worry about, if I were Rasheeda, this wouldn’t go over lightly.

25. CA says:

Ayo Jihan…YOU IN TROUBLE GURL! lol

26. BGirl says:

Wow, I am no fan of Rasheeda but why did you single her out???? It was not even funny O_o

Girl, so many chicks have been wearing those fake shoes, it would make no sense at this point to single anyone out!

They are not all that anyway, and half of the buyers can’t even walk 10 minutes in them…so hey, who cares if they were being knocked off. Serves him right for selling cheaply made shoes for astronomical prices

27. Marsha D says:

OMG!! Jihan keep writing the way you do……Allllll of the cyber critics come out like roaches with the lights off when you have a post…JEESH! Thanks for the cover…..

28. Gee Gee says:

^^^ Yeah ok, you see she buried this post 20 post deep so it would not attract that much attention!

Why do we have to be cyber critics and roaches for calling things like we READ IT??

Grow up! In the real world everyone is not a naive and agrees with everything!