August 17th, 2012
Angela Simmons, Celebrity Style, On the Scene
On The Scene: The Sparkle Los Angeles Premiere
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

As they are wont to do, celebrities blessed last night’s Los Angeles Premiere of Sparkle (in theaters today!) with both chic and questionable fashions.

Let’s take a look, shall we?

First up, we’ve got Jordin Sparks looking radiant in a Chagoury Couture beaded strapless gown. Sparks previously wore a frock from the brand to the Teen Choice Awards. I like this look much better. It skews a tad bridal (and a tad suburban senior prom), but I think Jordin looks like a glam quehn. Werk!

Tika Sumpter chose this red satiny gown from Marc Bouwer‘s Fall 2012 collection. The color and fit look ah-mazing against her flawless skin, but those shoulders are giving me Star Trek: Deep Space Nine realness, and I’m not sure how that makes me feel.

Bobbi Kristina brought her real life Brady Bunch situation to the red carpet, appearing alongside boyfriend Nick Gordon in a glittering black bodycon dress and a pair of her fanciest can can heels Jimmy Choo Teazer sandals.

Ray J came out to support, looking casually dapper in a mismatched suit.

Omari Hardwick paid homage to the late Whitney Houston on the red carpet.

Carmen Ejogo pretty much shut the place down in this sparkly sheer lace paneled gown. I’d say this was the look of the night.

Christina Milian kept it relatively dull casual in a blue ruched frock, long gold chain necklace and gold pumps. Nothing to see here, kids.

Jojo looked fabulous in a red one shoulder dress and those ubiquitous Guiseppe Zanotti curved wedge heels she paid good money for.

Yes, miss thing do it!

Smokey Robinson, can you do any wrong? That black and white striped button down was a nice way to jazz up a suit.

Thank God for the insanely beautiful Keke Palmer. How adorable is she in this geometric print short suit and lavender pumps?

And finally, Vivica A. Fox accented her gold bead-embellished ivory dress with a glittering belt, Sister Odell‘s wig, and peachy peeptoe pumps. Meanwhile, Cee-Lo Green served Kanye West RTW in all black.

And there you have it! Who do you think was best dressed?

~Jihan

photos: Zimbio

35 Responses to “On The Scene: The Sparkle Los Angeles Premiere”

1. Taj says:

All in all everyone looks nice (minus Cee Lo). I love KeKe Palmer’s outfit and Carmen Ejogo looks gorgeous.

2. I love Keke’s short set, and I love Jordin’s Dress, she is really working it in that dress.

3. Autumn says:

I’m feelin’ these looks! Yauuussss keke! Nooo Jordin! Carmen looks great and praise the Lawd Vivica Fox looks like the pretty pushin 50 thang that she is (… Although I’m forever scarred from her butt cheeks makin an appearance at 50 cents performance)

I Can’t with your commentary, Jihan…LOL…you are Hilarious! As far as Fashion goes, all the looks were nice and pretty straight-forward, other than maybe Carmen and KeKe – they have the best looks of the night IMO.

5. Carmen Ejogo in that dress!!! LOVE! And yes…Keke Palmer looked so pretty. I love how she keeps her look classy and youthful and doesn’t go overboard or overly sexy like most young girls her age. Props to her

6. Mel says:

Vivica…tisk tisk tisk

7. Jojo says:

I love the texture of Omari’s suit… Carmen, Keke and Jordin all looked amazing.

8. Tika looks great! She definitely takes best dressed. KeKe looks cute as well.

9. SAW says:

Tika Killed IT….. I wish I had small boobs to wear those types of dresses.

10. Jaida says:

JoJo and Keke worked it! They definitely had my favorite looks here!

11. ghanababe says:

Vivica’s look is kinda weird.The dress doesn’t compliment her shape.Looks like the dress doesn’t distribute weights (I mean, there seem to be more “weight” from above knees then below her knees). A grown would have been better or pants.
    Tika’s dress look amazing but it looks “boxy”…it over emphasizes her shoulders. and a gold jewelry would have killed it!
    Nothing special about Ms. Milan’s outfit.I won’t even talk about Cee,he could have opted for something that elongates him and makes him look leaner.Kinda bodyguard look for me.
    Aside these folks, everyone else nailed it!

*im not stylist but I know bad when I see one*

12. Dobe says:

LMAO @ “Sister Odell’s wig”… hilarious, because I was thinking the same!
    I loved how everyone stepped it up this time around. Tika is doing it; that skin is f l a w l e s s! Carmen and Keke look really good, too. Omari takes it for the men.

13. tiFFers says:

Keke’s outfit is giving me life!! Love it!!

14. Reicie says:

JIHAN!! I can’t TAKE YOU right now because I am laughing so hard I almost spit almond milk out my nose!!! You are absolutely HIL-A-R-IOUS!! I think the only one who didn’t get hit by those funny comments was Smokey! Sister Odell’s Wig?? Can-Can shoes?? ROTFLMBO!!!!
    No one was shutting it down to me and that’s sad. But maybe because it was a somber moment for everyone not having the bright shine that is Whitney Houston. I have to admit I may not even be able to watch it right away for that very same reason.

15. Prettigyrl78 says:

love keke’s fit the the most….sick and tired of old grandma vivica…sit down chicken legs!

I love when Jihan posts…at my desk having a giggle fit. Loved most of the looks. Sister Odell’s wig? I.cannot.breath.

17. Pari says:

Jihan, I love your sense of humor! You always have me cracking up… Keke and Carmen get best dressed for me. I like Tika’s dress but something about her face looks off for some reason. Maybe she needed some earrings?

18. Nae M says:

Carmen Ejogo looks breathtaking. she’s beautiful I almost didn’t even recognized Tika she looks gorgeous.

19. Jessica says:

“Sis O’Dell wig” LOL! Liked most of the looks but especially loved Keke’s short suit. She looked fabulous!

20. aries says:

Carmen killed it. i like the guy who brought pic of he & Whitney Houston. that was thoughtful. didn’t like Tika’s dress. Keke looked cute.

21. Bri says:

Everyone looked nice especially tika and keke. Does Jordin sparks have a stylist even though she looks nice I feel like they’re not tapping into her full potential.

22. MsA says:

Jihan, I can always tell when you post. I didn’t read the author’s name but I knew it was you because I started cracking up at “Brady Bunch” lol. But seriously- Omari Hardwick? Can we get a post of ONLY him? Just once… please?

23. Tika looks amazing and is my favorite look

24. MelyB says:

I don’t like Jordin’s hair or Tika’s gown but Carmen brought it. I know this might be mean but seeing Keke on the carpet made me wish that she’d have been cast as Sparkle.

25. renee says:

Omg, FashionBomb is not about being messy. Leave the messy comments for the gossip blogs, Jihan. Saying, Bobbi Kris wore her fanciest shoes for the red carpet…you either compliment or you don’t. JoJo has money, it shouldn’t be a problem for her to afford Guiseppes. Let’s not be messy here. Claire get your team!!!

26. reesha says:

Yep, Carmen and Ke-ke shut it down, Jihan is Hilarious!!

27. SLIMB says:

Everybody looks so great !

28. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Love Keke’s short set! Jihan, I know summer’s almost over but who is the short suit by and where can I buy it from? Head to toe, this girl looks cute! Thanks!

29. krystel says:

Everyone looks great, except Vivica and Cee Lo !

30. Siyam says:

dead at ” sister o’dell”

31. SugarShane says:

Vote Jordin Sparks for prom queen! Tika slayed us all, Bobbi Kristina… I want June Ambrose to reinvent her (Kim K. made me hate body con dresses). Ray-J gets a blank stare. Omari can do no wrong. Carmen looks nice. Kristina looks tired & should’ve stayed home. JoJo is killin us softly. Yes to smokey’s shirt. Keke is always cute and appropriate, #werq. #dead @ ‘Sister Odell’s wig’, No to the lady killer’s get up–Jodeci called & they want their gear back. #kanyeshrug.

32. iHeartKeya says:

Tika, Carmen and Keke look great! They killed it. Jordin and Jojo look nice as well & Omari Hardwick is handsome to me. Lol

33. CA says:

Keke Palmer’s stylist deserves a raise!

34. Kay says:

I love Keke Palrmer cuit outfit and Cee-lo and Vivica Fox would make a cute couple.

35. Jannelle Marie says:

Carmen, JoJo & KeKe……very nice !