August 16th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping

I received an almost record number of requests to break down Brandy’s look on 106 & Park the other day!
Beatrice was the first to write in, saying, “I just knew you all would be on top of Brandy’s look for 106 and Park yesterday – to my surprise….you’ve posted nothing on it!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let us know what that look was and where we can get it – from head to toe the look was perfect!!!!! The vest, leggings, and those BOOTS!!! What were those!! Please help!!!”

Rosie clocked in a few hours later, saying, ” Is it possible to break down Brandy’s look on 106 and Park yesterday??” And lastly, Dida screamed, “WHAT WAS BRANDY WEARING ON 106 and PARK – PLEASE!!???? SHE KNOCKED IT OUT THE PARK – PLEASE LET US KNOW.”
I had to go on the hunt for pictures because surprisingly, not one of our dear readers attached an image, even though our Contact page explicitly states (in big bold letters), “You must attach a picture of what you have in mind. No picture, no Mail Bomb.” Help me help you, people.
At any rate, I was able to dig up a few small screen caps and find a few of her items.
Brandy debuted her new video for Put it Down on 106 & Park in a croc effect leather top, $460 Emma Cook Printed Stretch Jersey Leggings, and $1,450 Giuseppe Zanotti Metal Plate Booties.
Her leggings, shown below in black, come printed with sequins, tassels, and snakeskin panels.

Her booties are from Giuseppe Zanotti’s Fall 2012 collection, and feature metallic patent leather, black suede, black leather, fur lining, and a large metal plate.

We’re still on the search for her top, but for now you can get a version of her leggings at Net-a-Porter, and her Booties at Endless.com. Get a similar croc effect leather top by Cushnie et Ochs for $1,495 here.
See Brandy twirl on 106 & Park below:

And check out the video for Put it Down here:

What do you think? Hot! or Hmm…?

Images: BET/Net-a-Porter/Giuseppe Zanotti

41 Responses to “Wardrobe Query: Brandy’s 106 & Park Croc Effect Top, Emma Cook Printed Leggings, and Giuseppe Zanotti Metal Plate Booties”

1. mary says:

RECORD NUMBER? really? this is a hot mess together

2. Char says:

Very very cute! LOL @ “my man in tha back” I know that’s right Brandy! I’m totally cheering her on, I love this song!

3. Twerk says:

That’s a lot of look, also known as doing too much. The pieces are cute but not all together like that.

4. Ashley Real southern girl says:

Brandy always looks good

5. robyn says:

@ mary my thoughts exactly. Like yall actually LIKE this look? and want to recreate it??? Why???

It’s a mess!

6. DarkEmpress says:

This looks horrible. Like she put together random pieces just because they were designer but it looks like a disaster.

7. Hehe says:

It’s a lot of look but Brandy looks good!

8. Naynay says:

9. M1zzdlady says:

Too much going on with her outfit.

10. My Response says:

love the leggings but there is too much going on with the entire look.

11. ninjo says:

A lot of look, but its perfect for the star that she is. The look is fun, big, and expensive.
    Brandy is on fire!

12. MiDe says:

I like the top & love the booties!!!!

13. Brandy looks very svelte with a fresh face—I like. However that outfit is all over the place, there is to much going on for me.

14. I’m not feeling her outfit at all. The shirt is just not working for me.

15. Prettigyrl78 says:

i dont like it either…

16. yusufswifee says:

this is fine for brandy…i have quickly labled her as wanting to wear as many high priced labels at once as she can and I am fine with that – for her. She is taking fashion tips from Monica and a few others. She wants ya’ll to know that she is that bish.

I am more interested in that hair. When I start growing mine out that exactly the weave I will be looking for:-)

17. Kenya says:

Not Even!!! The whole outfit is a mess. Both of these outfits look straight off the window display from 5-7-9 or Know Style which consequently should be this post-No Style.

18. Diva says:

Go head Brandy…. I’m loving it head to toe & especially her hair !!!

19. jumelle12 says:

I don’t like it- I feel like Brandy is fighting for her spot again…. Call me a bit nostalgic, but I LOVED Brandy when she first came out– the braids, the bubble jacket, the apple jack hat- she wasn’t coming off as anything but HERSELF— I still watch the Moesha reruns :). I think she’s a great artist, and I’m rooting for her all the way, but this look screams “trying too hard”- and it doesn’t come off genuine in any way.. Yes I know there’s a lot of competition these days- Bey, Rhianna, etc… but Brandy just be You- your fans still love and support you!!! ;)

20. Soul Touch says:

I think she looks great. Sure, it’s a bit busy but she looks good…I probably wouldn’t wear all those busy pieces together but she looks hot.

I always say this, but I was never a fan of the younger Brandy (Moesha days), but she has grown into such a beautiful woman.

21. miss Mila says:

i dont hate it

22. Kisha says:

@jumelle12 I think Brandy is still being her. She’s been in the game over a decade, you want her to still rock the bubble jacket and apple jack hat??? She’s a woman, she’s evolved, and I love that she still rocks the braids every now and then because she is remaining true to herself.

23. Briana says:

I agree, Kisha but also agree with the majority…too much going on here. But trust if I had the money, I’d splurge as well!

24. jumelle12 says:

@ Kisha- you beat me to my conclusion to my statement- OF COURSE NOT- that would be ridiculous- we all evolve- if we didn’t, I think the majority of us would be looking crazy –the reason why I referred to her first stepping on the scene because she was a trendsetter- she broke the mold in many ways- and it seems now she’s literally trying to keep up with other competition- especially since she took an extended hiatus

I’m just not feeling this look, and other looks I have seen her in recently– it looks forced— still love her though

25. Arya says:

Brandy’s outfit is like a comic books’ superheroe trying to be stylish.
    Her body is great though: svelte and healthy looking.

26. cyd says:

work it Brandy!!! I like the whole outfit and love the hair…it is all looking good on her and i would wear it myself

27. Bianca says:

I don’t know either. I love all the pieces separatley but I think that it just is too much for the eyes.

28. Likkle Miss says:

People want this look? It’s not cohesive at all.

29. RASHAAN says:

I don’t care what the hell you busted HATERS are talking about! SMH!! Brandy looks amazing. She is definitely someone I wish I had on my arm! Beautiful, TALL and very well put together! She is a STAR this is not a look you would wear on the street. COME ON! Some of ya’ll need to give props when they are due!!!! Brandy is BEAUTIFUL from head-to-toe!!! END OF STORY!!!!

30. Patrick says:

She looks Fabulous

31. This look is a mess. I hope I don’t see people trying to recreate it.

32. latisha says:

I don’t know what the hell yall talking about but she looks fab, Very bold, nothing is wrong with mixing clothes, its called FASHION for a reason.

wheres her daughter

Haters, Brandy looks GREAT!!

35. NunyaBizniz says:

I think she looks great both in the video and at 106. Go ‘head girl!

36. hello says:

It’s called fashion people not everything has to match like a set now days It’s 2012. It looks good on her she has the body for it with those long legs. It’s not like she came out In a damn meat dress like lady Gaga now that’s a mess and over the top. Im all for looking unique but come on. You go bran!!

37. Rosie M. says:

This look was for 106 and Park!!!!! It’s perfect!!!!!! It young, fun, fresh……she killed it. And the body is bangin…go head’ Brandy. You looked AWESOME!! There was nothing too much about it….

38. yall are fronting says:

STOP IT. SHE LOOKS CUTE. IF THIS WAS LADY GAGA RIHANNA OR SOMEONE EVERYONE WOULD BE QUIET. SHE LOOKED BADDD.

39. 5ucTXHunny says:

I dont like this look AT ALL…but their a couple of cute styles in the video….Shes lookin a lot better than shes looked in awhile…if give her an A for effort

40. Skyi says:

Wow i got a chance to actually see her on 106n park with this and i must say in person she looked real nice.. you maythink its to much but she actually rocked it.. keep it up bran