August 16th, 2012
Fashion News, Kanye West
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• A Givenchy clad Jennier Lopez covers InStyle‘s September issue.

What do you think? (In Style)

• British designers are poised to pay homage to an American icon this London Fashion Week. Brands like Meadham Kirchhoff, Giles Deacon,  and Piers Atkinson, and more will each create a single look inspired by none other than Minnie Mouse. The collection of ‘Minnie Mouse Must Haves’ will be unveiled during LFW, and then auctioned off on eBay for the Fashion Arts Foundation. (Vogue UK)

• Reminding everyone that they’re in with the fashion in-crowd, J.Crew has tapped some of the industry’s most relevant (and good looking) players for their Fall 2012 campaign. Amongst the insiders are Wonderland magazine editor and street style darling Julia Sarr-Jamois, Tank magazine fashion director Caroline Issa, makeup artist Alice Lane, and more. (Fashionista)

• Hey ladies, here’s David Beckham‘s new campaign for H&M bodywear. YUM. (Vogue UK)

• Hairstylist to the stars Ted Gibson has added another name to his celebrity roster. The man who lays Gabrielle Union and Angelina Jolie‘s tresses will now hook up Gabby Douglas‘s coif, as her brand new hairstylist. Gibson is naturally excited to work with Douglas, but he couldn’t help but feel a little outrage at comments made about the two-time Olympic gold medalist’s hair: “I couldn’t believe it and still can’t. You have this young girl doing amazing things, and the conversation becomes about her hair? It was ridiculous and shameful.” We all agree with Gibson, but I wonder if this big announcement just adds fuel to this already stupid fire? (Daily Beast)

Ron Stanley, editor of Dazed & Confused magazine speaks out about the controversial Azealia Banks condom cover.  “Azealia liked it, and we thought it would be fun and suited her because she’s a strong, provocative character,” he said. “I knew this cover would be talked about, but didn’t expect a confident, young woman posing with an inflated condom to cause this much fuss. It’s funny that in a world where extreme images are so accessible, someone posing with something that is used for safe sex is what we get worked up about.” Say word. (Necole Bitchie)

Kanye West is not amused by Humphries’s little tricks

• TMZ reports that Kris Humphries tried to serve Kanye West a subpoena with a little trick that would have fooled any of us– he put it in a Nordstrom box, because, you know, designer duds are like kryptonite to Yeezy. I might have chosen a Givenchy box. (TMZ)

~Jihan

13 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Jennifer Lopez is InStyle’s September 2012 Cover Girl, J.Crew Taps Fashion Notables for Fall 2012 Campaign, and Dazed & Confused Editor Addresses Azealia Banks’s ‘Condom’ Cover”

1. jeda says:

my my my, David Beckham…is that all him??? lol…
    Blessings

2. AH says:

I feel like Jennifer was styled perfectly for this cover shoot- she looks flawless. However, there’s something about the photo I don’t like. It could be the fact that she’s not smiling or that her eyes look empty and blank… Can’t put my finger on it.

3. LawyerChic says:

You know when you scroll over a picture fast because you don’t want to be caught looking at it too long? Yea me either 0____0 lol

4. juliaaa says:

@ jeda

my sentiments exactly …

5. Nisa says:

Damn that Posh Spice!!!

6. Indigo says:

I STILL don’t know what was said about this girl’s hair. smh. Enough already!

7. lolodoll11 says:

Beckham does absolutely nothing for me. A little too metro for my taste. I agree Jihan re: the Gabby comment. This announcement will likely draw more attention to an already over discussed, silly debate.

8. Dee says:

Gabby is an amazing young lady. Let’s focus on that. People should be shamed putting their mouth on that child. Shamed! As for David…merciful Neptune. Posh, is that what you’re working with? No wonder you’re popping out kids. lol!

9. Kory Conover says:

I know if a Nordstrom box came to my house I’d open it.

Sometimes Azealia Banks gets on my nerves. But I like the cover and I wished some American magazines would dare to do something risquè.

I’m so proud of Gabby for all her accomplishments and I too am enraged about the hair comments. Unfortuneately this is yhe aociety we live in though.

David Becjham is so gorgeous and thats all I’m gonna say so I dont get myself in trouble.

10. Marthe says:

David Beckham is looking horrible, with that old mens mustache my grandfather has and his tattoos all over the place. Maybe it’s my disliking of white men, or just the fact that i’m too young to like him. idk
    & i totally agree with Ron Stanley about Azaelia Banks, she’s not even naked! Why did some people become so ashamed of sex the latest years? How did such people survive the eighties or the sixties?

11. KBS says:

@ Marthe, I don’t think anybody was worried about David’s old men’s mustache….(scrolls up to check photo again…) yep, I’m sure of that.

12. What’s in her mouth?wow.

13. Katie says:

Ron Stanley – Have a seat. You knew what you were doing. It was completely distasteful and just because other people are doing disgusting things, doesn’t mean you have to. And y’all wonder why your medium is dying. I also have a problem with the phrase “safe sex,” but I’ll leave it at that.