August 16th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Psyche from St. Louis

Today’s Bombshell is Psyche from St. Louis:

She writes, “I’m originally from St. Kitts.”

I’m a policy researcher…”

” and write for the budget style blog, Economy of Style.”

“At the core, my style is classic.”

” I love to experiment with color…”

“print”

“and texture.”

” I’m drawn to clothing that’s refined…”

“… relaxed…”

“…. and versatile.”

Very simple and relatable! My faves are your white skirt/chambray skirt look and your striped ensemble! See more at EconomyofStyle.net.
What do you think?

Posted In
47 comments

47 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Psyche from St. Louis”

1. Loni says:

It’s cute but not a bombshell. It’s very real world/ J. Crew.

2. Soul Touch says:

Very nice. I like the pops of colour with each outfit. I also appreciate the minimal accessories and the simplicity of her style. As a professional woman, her style speaks to me.

I always like when their blogs/sites are posted, you get to see more of their style that may not have been fully captured in their submission.

3. Nancy4rmChi says:

For the people that voted “Her style bores me” are you kidding me?? You guys shouldn’t even be on this site cause you obviously DON’T KNOW FASHION!! This woman is CLASSLY and her fashion style ROCKS! Fashion is more than 8inch pumps and mini skirts. SMH…This women is definitely a BOMBSHELL.

4. Melissa says:

I voted bombshell, it’s refreshing to see someone taking average pieces and still make themselves look chic and original. She doesn’t need loud accessories or every designer “it” item to look great. Kudos!

5. LawyerChic says:

I’ll start by saying THANK YOU for sending in so many pictures! We hardly ever get to see so many looks from the bombshells! For the style I dub thee “grown & cute!”

6. nmillmich25 says:

I like it, very polished. I vote Bombshell!

7. Mamasay says:

As one professional women to another, I appreciate your incorporation of color and prints into your practical and classic style. You dare but don’t cross the line. Kinda Michelle Obama-ish.

8. krystel says:

Nice and your play with colors work for you!

9. Nicky says:

Very ladylike and cute, but a bit on the dull side. Some more eye-catching accessories and bright shoes would help.

10. Sure, why not says:

The Bombshell submissions are often dripping with trends. This is refreshing. Colorful, classic and ladylike- I like it.

11. Brittany says:

I’ve been visiting her blog for a while now. I think she should find better places to take her photos and experiment with different poses.

12. Cute and professional. I like all of the color. While I don’t think she’s a bombshell, her style isn’t boring or hit or miss. Claire, the second voting option was better when it said ‘pretty girl, but her style doesn’t inspire’. Though I voted the second option, I don’t find her style boring per se.

13. Genesis says:

Very realistic and refreshing! Especially for those of us who work in the corporate world. Bombshell!

14. hahahaha says:

She looks cute and comfortable.

15. Brittany says:

I think her style is inspiring especially for work wear. She remixes pieces in ways that I would not have thought.

16. Ari says:

Very boring, no bombshell here.

17. CaribbeanQueen says:

IMO, her style ages her ALOT. I visited her blog, and while she had a few fun outfits, most of them look like they should be on michelle obama (LOVE!) whose style is appropriate for her age– 48

18. Loni says:

I agree her style definitely ages her and I consider her style to be comfy cute. A bombshell in my opinion is the shoe gawker and gabby fresh. Never boring and always inspiring. This is a cute submission with nothing bomb about it. PERIOD. I don’t care if you’re from Little Rock or L.A. It’s not a bombshell posting.

19. Destination Everywhere says:

Nice. Not sure she’s a bombshell but she’s not boring either.

I like her sunglasses but my goodness does she ever love that Michael Kors Hamilton bag.

20. KayGee says:

@LawyerChic… to each his own.

@sun.kissed of 8ty4 Vintage … exactly.

21. Honey B says:

I so agree Loni.

I fell asleep while scrolling through this. She’s cute but her style definitley ages her

22. AzizMom says:

I enjoyed today’s Bombshell. Very pratical, mature and not trendy. I would have loved more shoe options (preferrably heels) but that may not be her thing. Also, always take note of a naturalista doing her thing! I must say I noted her bags were quality and functional – that’s #1 on my list this year.

23. NikkiBellaRay says:

I have to admit, I’m feeling her style, not everyone lives in a big glamorous city where they have to be runway chic on a daily…her style is refined, conservative and chic.

24. My Response says:

I find it okay but it’s too boring.

25. LawyerChic says:

@KayGee I’m confused as to why you’re directing any comment towards me. Because I complimented this lady? *bewildered*

26. jme says:

refined and relaxed definitely describes your style well. love your combinations…..great warm weather looks :-)

27. i don’t ubderstand the votes. she’s very chic and classy. Reminds me of Michelle Obama. If this were a celeb everyone would be voting bombshell. smh.

28. Ms.Missy says:

Cute style…somethings are not MY personal style…but hey, thats what makes us all individuals. See, everybody outchea..aint wearing Jeffery Campbell’s…shiny leggings, hi-low shirts, cutoff bleach jean shorts.

…and I love that she’s rockin color!

29. I4Fashion says:

BOMBSHELL! I absolutely love everything…. that first outfit with the striped dress and green utility jacket and snakeprint shoes is tooo cute, everything is reallty cute, I love her style and I almost NEVER say that.. but this is me

30. Raven says:

Cute. Simple, but I think she should experiment with more shoe types.

31. Christie says:

Meh , BORING. Her clothes age her. I can see the effort though,

She’s cute … And her shots are DEFINITELY screaming “Maxxinista” … Lol (Tjmaxx)

32. Sheena says:

so girly…not a single pair of pants or shorts in the submission…

i voted bombshell cuz i don’t find her style boring…

33. j says:

She looks like a lady. It’s so hard to find blogs with women of color who dress like this.

34. kiki says:

policy reseacher love that she is educated more power to you. Relaxed and effortless chic, a lot of us educated chics in corporate worlds and do have jobs this is how we dress. so loved somebody representing the working class none of that hoodrat mess we see everday here.

35. Cari says:

Yes, she really gave me some ideas for work!! Can’t wait to try some of these!! Not much variation though, but i can work with it!

36. NunyaBizniz says:

yes yes and more yesses for putting it on for my city!
    I like your style, it is very relatable and Real world. I voted Bombshell even though as Loni (1st comment) so eloquently put it, real world and bombshell can not coexist 0_o

37. reesha says:

BOMBshell!! and I must say whenever I have had the pleasure of visiting in St. Louis, they put ON for they city!! everyone is dressed to impress!!

38. danni says:

while i love her choices, the pictures that she sent in are a bit redundant, 5 of them are of the same combo…shirt tucked into high skirt….because of that i didn’t vote bombshell though i don’t see her submission as boring either because even though its a formula she mixes it up well

39. janeth says:

love you hair baby girl

40. Joanna says:

I follow her blog. She is an amazing girl. Love her style!

41. CA says:

ZZZZZZZZ…

42. Kitana says:

Not really understanding how or why people are so upset by folks opinions. I have a corporate career as well however, I would never wear any of these outfits for any reason. I checked her blog, didn’t care for her style. TO ME her style is extremely boring and she looks like everyone else heading to work every morning.

43. Dom says:

I love her style and the pops of pattern she’s incorporated into each look. She’s definitely a bombshell in my book!

44. Dom says:

She also has a very pretty smile!

45. addikted2fashion says:

She has a cute, simple style. However, the tucked shirt/skirt or dress/waist belt combo was seen far too many times.
    I liked her MK bags tho.

46. jillibooboo says:

this is very “bad”, and “bad” not meaning “good”. “bad” meaning “bad”

47. Danielle says:

I like her style. Its not bad I admit its a bit simple and on the safe side but she put forth effort thats all that matter. Plus she’s from my city Da Lou, I definitely gotta show love!