August 15th, 2012
Snapshot
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Vanessa Bryant, Alexis Welch, and Kimberly Chandler by Gillian Laub for New York Magazine.

An excerpt, ” Bryant rarely speaks to the press, but as the spotlight shifts to NBA wives, she’d like to say something, though she’s wary of revealing what has been hidden. ‘I thought things would go away, if you don’t feed into the b.s., and no one would think about you,’ says Bryant, sitting on a black horseshoe-shaped couch on the palazzo outside of her pastel Newport Coast mansion, the Pacific spread beneath her, a Pomeranian named Gucci at her feet. ‘Now I realize I do have to talk about certain things. Still, I don’t like the limelight. There’s a lot of good you can do with fame, like creating awareness for a foundation, but a lot of negativity comes along with it.” Read the rest here.

Images: NYMag

20 Responses to “Snapshot: Vanessa Bryant, Alexis Welch, and Kimberly Chandler by Gillian Laub for New York Magazine”

1. Ashley S(chucktown) says:

I love the way Ms chandler carries her self so elegant and classic everyone looks nice

2. Ms.Missy says:

hmmm…feeling some kinda way about Vanessa Bryant…she seems…. a lil…, shrugs, ODD to me! I just cant put my finger on it. and I like her look when she had brown, blonde hair……I think shes channeling her inner kim K w/this dark hair and to gothic looking to me!

oh wait..sidenote: what’s up with the interior decor’ in these chicks mansions. Kimberly Chandler decor’ is cool …and I like her look. soft yet just enough trendy w/a pop of color..I wish I could she her shoes more! They look FAB!

3. LaTasha says:

Watch out LaLa! I think Alexis Welch is coming for that best dress in New York crown. Werk Alexis!!

4. @MsMissy I’m with you girl….As an interior designer, I was much more into their decor than any of the ladies themselves. Opps, lol

5. Ms.Missy says:

oooh I just read the complete article….Whoa, that Alexis, SMH! I hope her husband, makes smart business investments. Especially after he retires…statics show ballers go broke 2-5 yrs after retirement. She likes to spend tha MONEY!

*porcelain quinceañera doll…..thats what the article reference about Vanessa…and i think that was right on the money!

6. Marsha D says:

They all look a damn mess……*I’m leaving now*

7. Marsha D says:

And why is that damn article so long and about NOTHING? Sheeeiiiiii

8. T1K says:

What is this for and about? I don’t feel like reading it -__-

9. addikted2fashion says:

The “sexy, no smile” poses they are doing in these shots are killing me softly.

I agree with previous comments about being more interested in the decor than the actual ladies. Not much to enjoy about the ladies and their looks but the decor and scenery were quite interesting

10. Siyam says:

Great article and love the photos. I think it’s about time to hear the opinions of current basketball wives, not divorcees or almosts. I also like how Vanessa Bryant just casually brushes off instigator questions; that’s class right there.

11. Juice love says:

Kimberly and Alexis always look good

12. Who? Huh? What? Why is this posted, again?

13. Arya says:

@Miss Missy: so any attractive women with dark hair wants to channel Kim K? smh…She is not the inventor/creator of jet black hair….

14. Ms.Missy says:

@ Arya…um, Nope not all ppl w/black hair look like Kim K….But I will insert who I think is CHANNELING there INNER KIM K….Vanessa didnt look like that before. She had some sort of plastic surgery. she looks more , If you will, voluptuous in the body area! FYI: im not the first person that notice this.

Vanessa.. has millions, she can look like who ever the hell she wants…and today it just happens to be KimK. tomorrow it maybe Lil Kim, if she dont stop with the plastic surgery,lol

15. whatevs says:

You can tell Kobe has put Vanessa through it…she looks like her late 30s/early 40s with work done…and weren’t you almost out the door a few months ago…and less not forget the rape charge or is that b.s. as well…girl bye…

16. Jennesia says:

They look so uncomfortable and I think the styling is terrible.

17. Indigo says:

Not nair one of these pics look good…Sorry. Maybe next season.

18. DarkEmpress says:

this photoshoot looks terrible. Vanessa seems so beat down. I think they wanted her to look fierce but she looks so tired. Kobe really took some of her spirit.

19. tiFFers says:

All the ladies look really cheesy. I can’t really take them seriously. I liked stars and athletes before I found out what they were REALLY like…smh…

20. aries says:

Kimberly Chandler killed it. she also wore the red Valentino jumpsuit first. i wanna see more of her style. riding for us girls w/short hair. i read the article and Vanessa Bryant interview left me feeling some kind of way. wasn’t impressed. Alexis look nice, too.