August 15th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping
By Faith

LaLa Anthony partied with her bff Estelle at Boujis Nightclub in London. While Estelle opted for sequins, LaLa went for a taste of the exotic in a vintage Patrick Kelly Stretch Velvet Leopard Dress:

Her vintage dress from the 80′s is crafted from stretch velvet and features a bold leopard print.

I love this dress, but I’m not too keen on the rest of the look. I would have loved to see LaLa’s hair down, a bold red lip with a fresh face, and black leather pointed toe pumps.
What do you think?

*Joy Bryant wore the same exact dress to the Hit & Run Premiere in Los Angeles. Great stylists minds think alike huh?

Who wore it better?

27 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: LaLa Anthony’s Boujis Nightclub Vintage Patrick Kelly Stretch Velvet Leopard Dress”

1. Nikki says:

The dress is dark against a dark background, so I can’t really tell how I feel about it. From what I see I’m gonna give it a meh

2. Jennifer R says:

I so love this dress! When she posted it on instagram last night, I was hoping that you guys would do a post on it. I actually partially disagree with you Faith….I think her hair looks great up in a bun, especially since the dress is the statement piece but I do agree that her makeup choice is wrong. A red lip would’ve taken this look to another level.

3. Carmen Iris says:

Why are they dressed for two different climates?

4. Savage says:

I usually don’t di g LaLa to much but this dress is giving me Dynasty life!! Ugh I adore.

5. Ms.Missy says:

yeaaa, Im thinking the make-up is not working w/tha dress. I like her hair in the bun…but i think its the make up,…sigh.. no…its the dress, I dont like it on LALA.

Maybe she should have brightin’ it up…with a tan, nude, funky shoe! it just looks BLAH.

6. reesha says:

This dress is cute, but it look heavy in a fall/winter sort of way. Estelle looks cute by the way!

7. T1K says:

Love it on the mannequin. beautiful dress.

8. addikted2fashion says:

Stretch velvet in August?…and your friend is wearing a sleeveless dress? Hmmm….

The shoes are wrong. Just wrong. A sleeker or edgier shoe wouldve worked.

9. DefStef says:

Last week she was wearing leather in the summer, now velvet. GTFOHWTBS.

10. Juice love says:

Didn’t like the dress for some reason when I saw it on Lala but it looks great on joy Bryant

11. hayilabc says:

Something about this dress is giving off a weird 3D effect that I just don’t like. Even on Joy, a completely different body shape, that look it gives her in the boob & tummy area is not flattering to me.

12. Juice love says:

Didn’t like the dress at first when I saw it on Lala but it looks great on joy Bryant

13. jeda says:

Faith, you were on point with your description and suggestions. I love the dress, but I hate the styling on it.
    Blessings

14. Surprisingly, I’m more interested in Estelle’s look.

15. The Recessionista says:

Those who are talking about her wearing velvet in the summer should realize that she is in London so it’s not hot there. I’m like Lala, I dress for the weather, not the season.

16. dyshaun says:

Anything just to be negative. She is in LONDON, not around your block.

Cute dress. I like the lippy. Hate the shoes.

17. WendyB says:

I have the long version of that dress! Got mine on eBay a few years ago. http://wendybrandes.com/blog/2011/02/pondering-the-patrick-kelly-leopard-dress-again/

Love Patrick Kelly — he died much too young!

18. yusufswifee says:

haha @ dyshaun and “not around your block”. THIS!!!!

19. PriinceCharmming says:

i love the dress, it is very vibrant. she should of dressed her look up alot more. I would have loved to see her with some more color,, meaning shoes. she looks VERY basic

20. Empress says:

In my opinion, neither one did the dress any justice or should i say, the dress didn’t do them any justice. I feel like animal is starting to really take over and people are going a little over board with it. I love leopard print, but there’s a thin line between completely gaudy and fashionable. I believe this dress crossed that line. A leopard dress has to be done right, and this just didn’t make the cut. It looks like a cheap excuse…

21. CarribbeanQueen says:

something about her fit looks matronly… the dress is cute though.. and while london may not be HOT, its definitely not cold enough for velvet.. I agree the styling is off because it looks H amazing on Joy!

22. Kory Conover says:

I like the dress a lot better on Joy. And I think Estelle looks great too.

23. I don’t like the make-up with the dress.

24. marguerite says:

la la anthony’s fashion sense sucks.

25. LawyerChic says:

Get into Estelle’s pumps!

26. addikted2fashion says:

Oh we’re sorry Dyshaun & Recessionista, we shouldve checked the weather in London before we commented.

27. Keisha says:

I really don’t care for the dress period :/