August 14th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Elle Varner hit up NYC nightclub Greenhouse last week to fête the release of her new album, Perfectly Imperfect. The singer let everyone know whose night it was, stepping out in a neon bubble dress from Italian brand Krizia. She finished her look with a pair of neon hoop earrings and neon Prada peep toe pumps.

The dress was featured on the brand’s Fall 2010 runway, styled with a neon shag bolero with leather sleeves and an oversized leather belt:

Her $750 sandals are super on-trend, but sadly, I couldn’t find them for sale anywhere.

This is an interesting look for Varner to say the least. The singer is known for taking bold fashion risks, but isn’t it a little hot for this puffer coat-material ensemble?

What do you think of Varner’s fashion adventure?

~Jihan
Images: Sony/Krizia/Prada

Posted In
33 comments

33 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Elle Varner’s Greenhouse Krizia Fall 2010 Neon Bubble Dress and Neon Prada Peep Toe Pumps”

1. Yesmama says:

I actually don’t mind the dress, but the head-to-toe neon yellow is too much! She could have kept the neon look with a some bold contrast…like an electric blue shoe.

2. Faith says:

I think she looks cute, though the sandals in the same shade are overkill. This would have been the perfect opportunity for a colorblock moment!

3. Taj says:

I love Elle Varner’s shoes but not the dress. Talented artist

4. Dionne says:

I personally love this look! So cute.

5. Love the shoes but not the dress. Looks like someone customized a bubble vest.

6. Robin says:

Not a flattering look for her at all.

7. Arya says:

The Michelin dude called: he wants his clothes back!O_o
    Gorgeous woman though!

8. Claire says:

I don’t know why I like this! Maybe the color? The dress is not the most flattering; perhaps she should’ve worked with a shift or bodycon in a similar color (I’m thinking Michael Kors Spring 2012). xoxo

9. Why would someone want to wear a bubble coat as a dress is beyond me. Hate the look, but the color works for her.

10. Siyam says:

Yeah this isn’t it :/

11. Ayana says:

I think she looks adorable, and her new album is soo nice. Been on repeat since it cam out last Tuesday!! Perfectly imperfect <3 go get it you guys…

12. MelyB says:

It’s not a total mess (I love her so just couldn’t bear to give her a “hmmm”) but if she’d worn a belt like the runway model in hot pink & worn a pair of shoes with both colors I would’ve loved the look. She is such a doll though that the neon kinda works for her but the dress with no belt makes her look bigger than she actually is.

13. No ma’am. A shoe in a complementary color would have made this better. The dress isn’t flattering.

14. jeda says:

I love it! But I would’ve preferred a neon pink shoe with it.
    Blessings

15. Ms.Missy says:

I love it on runway model….but on Elle it looks to gimmicky for her. For some strange reason I think Nicki Minj could rock this look, becuz she wears alot of gimmicky clothes…and she would add a lot accessories to it.

16. DivaFabulosa says:

Add some sleeves to this dress and it would make a nice winter coat.

17. LaTasha says:

I see I may be in the minority, but I like this dress on her. She coordinates this dress well with the matching earrings and shoes. She has the look to pull this dress off. I, for one, like the dress better on her then the model shown wearing it. She’s not pulling a Rita Ora fashion move(Rita Ora never matches ever) and at least the material is a light material for summer. It’s not like she’s wearing sweaters and hot leather pants like some celebrities who shall remain nameless…

18. krystel says:

Hmmm i’ll pass!

19. Hello says:

I like this

20. Mizz says:

Too matchy… a shoe of a different colour would have been great

I like this look on her!!!

22. mamareese says:

What in the triple fat bubble goose is that! And it’s so bright…it hurts my eyes! Make a jacket out of that it’ll be a hot item for the winter time…….

23. Reecie says:

I hate this. and the overall look is way too matchy

24. endESQ says:

She needs new people.

25. Shelly says:

Beautiful, beautiful girl…but this is a miss.

26. Jinx Moneypenny says:

I don’t like it. The shoes are nice, she looks beautiful, but the dress…nawl. I love when she wears things like the dress and blazer in the ‘Only Wanna Give It to You’ video.

you have to understand her as a musician/person to understand this look. i love it for her, not my personal style

28. Dria says:

I think the dress looks cute on her. Different colored shoes and accessories would have been better though

29. Keisha says:

It is not my style but I still think she looks great, for some odd reason she is able to pull it off in my opinion.

30. *style watch* says:

i think she is a very pretty girl and i lovve her music but personally this dress looks like a lime green marshmellow im not feelin it at all

31. Kishonda says:

absolutely not. messymessmess

32. GCIII says:

Elle Varner is always “hot”! Listen to her full album today! http://on.fb.me/QMxbFq