August 13th, 2012
Angela Simmons, Celebrity Style, Fashion
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Monday, Bombers and Bombshells!

Hope you all had wonderful weekends. I became an auntie and celebrated my best friend’s 24th (Happy Birthday, Em!). It looks like our celebrity friends also had good weekends, turning out some really cute looks for the world to enjoy.

Let’s take a peek:

The Olympics (sadly) closed out last night. The closing ceremonies brought a bevy of celebs and some memorable fashion moments. Models Naomi Campbell, Lily Cole, Kate Moss, Stella Tennant, Jourdan Dunn, Karen Elson, and Georgia May Jagger represented iconic British designers like Alexander McQueen, Jonathan Saunders, and Victoria Beckham on the runway at the big show.

Get a load of Jourdan’s headpiece! And check out these close ups of Naomi and Kate looking gorgeous in gold Alexander McQueen gowns:

Yaaas! Serving all kinds of sustenance to the high fashion-starved masses!

My nine-year-old self squealed with delight over The Spice Girls (looking fab as ever) at the closing ceremonies. Victoria Beckham stunted in a black hi-low gown from her good friend Giles Deacon. Geri Haliwell rocked out in a bedazzeld strapless from from Suzanne Neville. Emma Bunton showed out in true Baby Spice form, opting for a hot pink minidress by Maggie Cook. Mel C was outfitted by JD Sports, donning a white bell bottom jumpsuit, while Mel B stunned in a bedazzled  catsuit by Zuhair Murad.

Yeah, they pretty much killed it.

Usain Bolt is finally free to return to his playboy, partying ways now that the Olympics are over. The sprinter hit a London nightclub in a simple white button down, jeans, and white sneakers.

Cold blooded couple Kimye were spotted giving their fall wardrobe a test drive in hot hot Hawaii this weekend.

Rita Ora was spotted leaving London’s DSTRKT nightclub in one of Cher Horowitz‘s throwaway dusters and Christian Louboutin Seann thigh high boots.

Adrienne Bailon struggled to crack a smile in a drapey white frock at G-Shock’s 30th anniversary party. She looks gorgeous, no?

Vashtie Kola kept it patriotic in an American flag tee, cutoff jorts, and Timberlands to boot. Goodness gracious, this woman is beautiful no matter what she’s wearing.

Jennifer Hudson attended Apollo in the Hamptons: A Night of Legends this weekend. She rocked a drape sleeved dress from Thakoon, and silver studded flats before hitting the stage for a performance.

Theophilus London attended Beyoncé‘s ‘I Was Here’ concert at the UN in a wide-brimmed fedora, sheer black collared shirt, Aunt Jackie’s fancy church potluck necklace, and smoking slippers from his LVRS x Del Toro collab.

Angela Simmons hailed a taxi in a pair of markedly unflattering turquoise pinstripe pants. Thank goodness the rest of her ‘fit is cute!

And once again, we close out the post with Camila Alves‘s burgeoning baby bump. Because who doesn’t love a beautiful pregnant lady?

~Jihan

25 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: London 2012 Olympics Closing Ceremonies, Usain Bolt, Adrienne Bailon, and More!”

1. Joyce says:

The spice girls definitely killed it last night. I love them so much.

For ONCE, Adrienne didn’t overdo it and kept the look simple & elegant. She looks great!

3. reesha says:

I love Rita Ora’s boots!!!

4. Kisha says:

I love this hair color on Adrienne.

5. Ms.Missy says:

What, Rita Ora is not rockin some sort of tennis shoes? clutches pearls…
    For some strange reason JHud is looking like 50cent in the face to me…

KimYE…sigh! they always dress off season! I truly cant believe Kim K has on a sweater in Hawaii..and I know Kanye really wanted to rock cargo pants..but he cant because he talked about them soooo BAD,lol

6. Dom says:

*DEAD* @ Cher Horowitz and Aunt Jackie! Congrats on the new addition to the fam too, hope he or she inherits your sense of humor.

The Spice Girls did it for me. Mel C looked stunning!

7. Dom says:

I mean, Mel B. That catsuit! Wow!

8. Chris styles says:

I must be in the twilight zone because I find nothing flattering about the fit of Adrienne’s dress. It looks sloppy like it belongs to some1 else.
    Unfortunately I missed the Spice Girls performance but I loved them back in the day and they all still look good :).
    No comment on Theophilous, must be a UK thing, and his lip look crusty. But I like his music and mixtapes.

9. BougieHippie says:

Kanye is making Kim look real rough. Naomi is the reason why I havent ate since 06!

10. CA says:

Can someone please get Theophilus London some chap stick, or vaseline, or somethin’! lmao

11. jbrizzy says:

I really had high hopes (FASHION WISE) when Kim and Kanye got together, I thought they were going to slayyyyy it style wise, but they disappoint every time I see them

12. Adrienne looks great! I like Angela’s outfit as well.

13. Twerk says:

Bump everything, the models gave me my life last night!!!!!! Especially Nami and Kate!

14. Twerk says:

Naomi*

15. LaTasha says:

I like Melanie B’s outfit and shoes she wore during the closing ceremony performance.

I take it Kanye and Kim are getting us ready for the fall? (*kanye shrug*)

And Vashtie Kola is so pretty. Her outfit is cute and put together. She’s proof you don’t have to try so hard to be beautiful. I real beautiful woman just is….

16. AzizMom says:

Kola and Alves are who? I am clearly outgrowing this site but can’t stay away! Don’t even know Thelonious…LOL

17. Tai says:

I just don’t understand why Kimye continues to wear fall clothes in summer. They have to be hot as hell! Starting to think they are doing it on purpose to have their names on people’s lips (and yes I know if that is the case, I am feeding into it). The leather I gave a pass the first time and a side eye the next but now Kim is wearing a full on knit sweater in August in Hawaii!!!! WTH is really going on!

18. Kahalia says:

Kimye are dressed for indoor air conditioning. They are always walking into or out of somewhere. I do the same but only when heading to the movies- I grabbed my cardi to catch Dark Knight Rises…It is the only excuse for their ‘look’.

19. whatevs says:

yuck and ew to everyone after the spice girl photos…except for Camila (she’s non-factor)…

20. TheAntifash says:

Na Na & Jourdan slaaaaaaayyyed Yes GAWD!

No gawd for the rest.

Is Kim preggers? *side eye

21. T1K says:

I can’t with these two. A freaking sweater in freaking Hawaii!!!

22. Jannelle Marie says:

The models & the Spice Girls looked amazing. However ! I am not a fan of fall attire in the dead smack of summer heat, that goes for you Kim, Kanye & yes you too Vashtie (Timbs?!). I can’t even….throws hand up.

23. A1SinceDay1 says:

As far as Kim and Kanye go, I’m stationed in Hawaii (sadly I didn’t get to see them) and it’s really not AS hot as most people believe. Granted it’s not REALLY cold either, but its not unusual to see people wearing boots and long sleeves out here.

24. Jai says:

Congrats Auntie Jihan!

25. Bianca says:

The best thing about the Olympic Closing ceremony was the spice girl. I was so excited to see them back together…