August 9th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Monica Brown, Tyra Banks, Tika Sumpter, and More!
By Faith

Happy Thursday everyone!

It turned out to be a good week in celebrity style, though the first half was pretty slow.

Check out some of this week’s hottest looks:

At the Carbon Audio Zooka Launch Party at Soho House, Sanaa Lathan chose a printed frock and a pair of $517 Lanvin Belted Ankle Wrap Sandals. Hot!

Tyra Banks wore a one-shoulder form-fitting dress, Sergio Rossi Cachet Slingbacks, and her beloved Alexander Wang Kristen Clutch at The Cinema Society Special Screening of Two Days in New York. I would have loved a different pair of shoes here, but Tyra looks fab.

At Estelle’s Wonderful Life Performance at The Darby in NYC, Tika Sumpter looked adorable in a wool and leather newsboy hat, a leopard print button-front blouse, and a pair of $69 BDG High Rise Studded Cheeky Shorts.

While shopping it up at Intermix, Monica kept it casual in an olive jacket, white jeans, and $235 Adidas Originals/Opening Ceremony Lace Up BMX Sneakers. Her kicks are hot!

Khloe Kardashian blew a kiss to the cameras at the 11th Annual InStyle Summer Soiree at the London Hotel in West Hollywood. Like her sister Kim, she doesn’t mind wearing a little leather in the summer as she threw on a $1,151 A.L.C. Mika Leather Dress. This definitely gets a hot from me, both literally and figuratively.

In other Kardashian news, KimYe was spotted in NYC. I don’t know how Kanye manages to rock leather in this humidity nor how Kim continues to pound the pavement in those Kanye West by Giuseppe Zanotti Sandals, but I think the couple looks cute!

Brandy posed with one of my favorite musical duos, Karmin, at the MDA Show of Strength Concert in all-black.

Lance Gross stopped by 2 Chainz’s listening party in Atlanta in a plaid panel button-down shirt and denim. Hey Lance!

Mona Scott Young and Bevy Smith were in attendance at the New York Premiere of Spike Lee’s Red Hook Summer. Loving Bevy’s printed dress and gold strappy sandals!

Rosario Dawson kept it casual at Jessie J’s Live in London Concert. Her skin is amazing!

Olympic gold medalist and half-Jamaican athlete Jessica Ennis looked cute in a $1,119 Alexander McQueen Racer Dress at OMEGA House’s Athletics Night Party.

Last, but not least was Jessica Alba who went for a 70′s chic look in a blazer, contrast trim button-front blouse, and flare jeans.

Who had your favorite looks this week?

43 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Monica Brown, Tyra Banks, Tika Sumpter, and More!”

1. Chaud says:

Saw Monica’s kicks on YBF and rushed over here to see if you guys would have it up and tell us where they are from and yup you did!! I know I can count on you guys!! Now hoping to find them here in the UK…thanks guys

2. hayilabc says:

This whole post gave me life. Everybody looks good & even with Monica’s questionable style she looked cute.

3. T1K says:

Sanaa, Tyra, and Kim’s outfit is cute. The shoes look good, but aren’t they impossible to walk in?

4. Khloe says:

Love Tika’s hat!

5. loving Monicas kicks! she looked very cute and laid back. Brandy has really been working it lately. Loved her outfit. And Tika Sumpter indeed looked very adorable and those shorts are super cute.

6. missjay says:

Kim’s outfit– them shoes still look ugly.. someone suggested yesterday that she pair them with a simple black dress.. she did it, and while the dress is great and the fit is amazing.. the shoes are still doing the most. yuck

7. Mely B says:

Sanaa & Tika FTW!! Both look gorgeous from H2T. Luv Monica’s casual look & I’m going to troll for more info on Jessica Alba’s bag & shoes.

8. Taj says:

I love Sanaa’s look.

9. addikted2fashion says:

Im starting to think Kim wears these looks to keep us talking.

I love everyone else’s looks in this post. Def feeling the laid back look Monica is rocking.

10. Mesa says:

Kanye and Kim….-__-. I want Monica kicks! Brandy looks great! I love sanaa she put it down for brown skin girls! I don’t usally like all jean outfit but I like what jessica had on!

11. RHONYC says:

Sanaa corners the market on the ‘MEH’ look.
    Monica corners the market on the ‘older-gal-trying-to-look-hip’ look.
    & Tyra corners the market on ‘G*D-D*AMN!!!!’

my hero. ;-) *sighs*

12. I can’t with Kanye and the leather t shirts with his chains tucked in. I can’t!

13. jeda says:

idk why, but i never like Jessica Alba’s looks
    Blessings

14. Enigma says:

Brandy and Tika for me. I’m recreating Tika’s outfit this weekend.

15. SLIMB says:

& the award goes to Sanaa & tyra, they look gorgeous.
    Tika love that blouse and that hat.
    Monica, Khloe, & kim & kanye look cute as well.

16. like_really_ray says:

BRANDY HAS GIVEN US CUNT FOR THE DAY……SLAYED

17. Kitana says:

Ye’ and Kim look great as always. Those Kardashian sisters sure do have some wide waists to be so thin.

18. Dobe says:

Love Tika’s hat! Any deets on that?

19. EshaDiva says:

Tika!!!! aka my twin lol and I always <3 Jessica Alba's looks, I broke out my bell bottoms this summer too

20. Dom says:

Booo! What happened to summer clothes? What happened to clean linens and sunny brights? Why has everyone skipped the best pasrt of the year and gone straight to Fall/Winter clothing? FAIL

21. Taneica says:

Kim is working the hell outta those ankle weights, no?

22. Bri says:

Everyone looks nice but I really wish kim would burn those damn shoes! She did better when she dressed her self

23. Jax says:

Ye needs to get in better shape if he’s gonna wear these leather shirts cuz i spy tummy …

24. Tyra, Sanaa and Brandy look great.

Khloe’s dress makes her look like a pillow *blink*

Kim as much as I adore her I can’t get jiggy with those shoes. She has really fallen off style wise lately.

25. LaNisha says:

the Kanye’s can b worn, jus not by her. i thnk shes 2hippy n make her lower half look chunkier. tank+cargos+ the Ye shoes= how they can b rockd

26. Common says:

Kanyes style had become so boring. What’s with his love afair with leather. Smh

27. TheFav1 says:

@taneica lol “ankle weights”… For all the NY’ers hasn’t been humid beyond belief as of late or is that my body temp? Leather and sweater shoes in SOHO I would have passed out! Sn: I could barely see sexy Lance if it weren’t for the white shirt :/ lovely post Faith

28. shelly says:

I hope Kim is happy, because I sure do miss her wearing color. And I also miss the blazers, sandals, and over all weather appropriate attire.

29. itsjustme says:

i might be the only one, but i love those kygz shoes! they are gorge. beads beads beads!

30. itsjustme says:

*kwgz

31. LaTasha says:

I love Tika’s outfit!

Monica’s shoes are cute. She looks cute and casual.

I actually like Brandy’s jeans. Maybe not with that shirt but nevertheless.

Kim and Kanye…**heavy sigh** I just keep telling myself it will be over soon. Bless Kanye’s heart. Is it me or he looks like a chipmunk? (sorry for the shade)

32. Frieda K says:

Love KimYe’s look. This is a much better outfit for Kim than the one she wore earlier that day (baggy eeew). I want a female’s version of Kanye’s top.
    Love Sanaa. She’s always cute sexy

33. krystel says:

Good post..loving Sanaa dress alot. Am can’t with Lance’s shirt ewwwwwwwwwww!!!

34. Tisha says:

I still do not like those shoes Kim has on, they look like leg warmers and heels.

35. Mona Scott’s look suits her well and Sanaa’s dress is really cute. I’m wondering what is Kanye’s fascination with leather as well…

36. Destination Everywhere says:

It isn’t fall yet! GAH!
    As a Canadian I want to stretch summer out for as long as possible

37. Bay2thaATL says:

Tyra is going Benjamin Button on us! She looks SO young & fab.

Kim used to be one of the best dressed ever. Those shoes are just ridic. Like if Uggs were sandals…. The things we do for our men. Sigh.

Brandy is giving me LaToya Jackson — never a good thing.

38. rudy says:

KIMYE! loving this combo they both have on

39. Briana says:

I’m sorry but every look in the post is boring…*sigh*

40. mamareese says:

Kim kim kim!!!! Stop trying to sell these shoes for Yez! Girl be your normal fab self! He got you walking around as his sales ad….looking like you got some dingy house booties on. Giiirrrlll Ray J wouldn’t have made you do that…just saying LOL.

41. mamareese says:

But wait….look at Ye’s face!!! He looks like he’s walking the run way in his head. You know he is all house music and flashing strobe lights in his head. Strike a pose and turn….now strut…..werk Ye werk LOL!!!!

42. Jannelle-Marie says:

Sanaa, Khloe & Jessica look great ! Kanye should not be dressing kim everyday with worries that she might embarrass him otherwise. She was doing herself justice before their union emerged. Just saying.

43. Drea says:

I really hate Kanye’s shoes that Kim is wearing…they are different true but idk its hot!

Yessss Kanye better werk that runway…