• Mattel has tapped designer Stephen Burrows to create a limited edition doll for the Barbie Collector series. The “Pazette” Barbie is blinged out like a Vegas showgirl, with a rhinestone-embellished jumpsuit and feather headpiece.
You can find the $100 doll at BarbieCollector.com.
• Grace Coddington got the fashion set hyped yesterday when she announced via her Facebook page that the Spice Girls will perform at the 2012 London Olympics closing ceremonies in pieces from Giles Deacon. The folks over at Grazia did some digging and found that indeed, the Fab Five would not be rocking outfits from the designer. Stephanie Kradijan, Mel B‘s stylist also confirmed, saying the claim was “absolutely not true.” So the question is, who will the Spice Girls be wearing when they close out the Olympics on Sunday? Thoughts? (Grazia)
• Fashion editor Anna Piaggi died at the age of 81 on Tuesday at her home in Milan, Italy. Piaggi was a fixture in the industry, known for her colorful, theatrical outfits and inspiring editorial work. She will be sorely missed and always remembered as one of fashion’s noted personalities. (NYT)
• Princess Choupette Lagerfeld is also in this month’s Harper’s Bazaar. Can we just get this cat a Vogue cover already? Just listen to how she eats: “She goes in the kitchen and sits in front of the food,” proud daddy Karl Lagerfeld reports. “She doesn’t like to eat on the floor, so I have to put the food on the table. Her dishes are by Goyard. She has one for water, one for her little croquette, and one for her pâté. You have to serve everything, and she makes a choice.” I know a few humans who would love to eat out of Goyard dishes! (Telegraph)
• Kourtney Kardashian‘s newborn daughter Penelope is not here for this UsWeekly cover. (JustJared)
• Emily B‘s favorite online fast fashion destination, ASOS, has tapped Markus Lupfer to design their higher priced ‘Black Label’ range. The 10-piece collection offers shell tops, boxy dresses, trousers, and hot shorts– all crafted from printed leather. Look for it in October. (T)
5 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Stephen Burrows Creates the ‘Pazette’ Barbie, Anna Piaggi Passes at 81, and A Look at ASOS x Markus Lupfer’s ASOS Black Label Range”
Leave a Reply
Fashion Bomb TV
Popular Posts This Week
Cheap shopping online for more fashion and beauty products