August 7th, 2012
Date Night, Party, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: 4 Outfit Ideas for Sexy Nights on the Town

So it seems a lot of you are hitting the town, aiming to look saucy for girl’s nights or dates with your beau. I figured we could kill…4 birds with one stone, and suggest a few outfit ideas for clubs, cookouts, karaoke, and more.

Andrea says, “Some of my college best friends are coming into town from Chicago and we are planning a grown and sexy ladies night. I am the epitome of what it means to be a girly girl. I love sky high heels, sexy mini dresses and everything diamonds. I need advice on what to wear for the night. We are having a cocktail hour and then hitting the town. Can you please bless me with your wisdom?”
Sure thing! I could of course suggest your run of the mill mini dress, but why not step it up a notch with a mini skirt?

Keeping your love of sparkly things in mind, I picked this racy multicolored sequined $725 Ashish Tiger Mini and picked up on the skirt’s many colors with a pair of $690 YSL Tribute sandals. Divas on a budget, take heart! Topshop’s $150 Premium Aztec mini skirt along with B by Brian Atwoods Lorinna sandals give you the same look for less. Get it all here:

Naomi says, “I have an intimate birthday dinner at a very cozy Asian restaurant followed by what will probably be a rowdy backyard party. I want to put together something super cute, but I’m just so very lost.”
Sounds like an interesting combo! Be prepared for both dinner and a backyard bashment in comfy jersey separates, like a Rick Owens off the shoulder top, and Forever 21 blue bodycon skirt:

Pull it all together with an Emilio Pucci Purple Embellished belt, and keep heels low for the backyard portion. Complete with black accents, but have fun with your makeup. I love a good Nars Eyeshadow Duo:

Nicole says, “I’m hosting a dinner for my boyfriends birthday. All of his friends will be there, as well as some of his cousins and siblings. The dinner will be at this very nice Midtown New York Thai Restaurant, afterwards we’re going to a club to party the night away. I need help! I’d like an outfit that’s good for dinner, sexy enough for the club, and not too expensive. Oh and it’d be cool if his friends congratulate him on his hot girlfriend as well lol.”
Choose from any of the above, OR go for a dress! Since you put an emphasis on affordable, we started with an $85 Ain’t Life Granita Dress from Modcloth, along with an $60 Gold Habits clutch from the site:

If you’re feeling splurgy, complete with platform Giuseppe Zanotti’s, or choose from any of the orange and pink affordable picks here:

Lastly, Cole writes, “I wanted to know if you could give me outfit ideals for my beau’s birthday party. We’re having a weekend full of events….a Saturday cookout with the fam and Sunday Karoake with his friends. I want to look sexy/chic and cute, but I don’t want to be over dressed. I’m a heels type of girl and he’s def a cargo shorts white tee sneakers type guy. However since it’s his birthday I want to look extra special and wow him but not look like I’m trying… PLEASE HELP!!! Did I mention we have long distance love so its not everyday he sees me…”
Though you want to wow your man, it sounds like he’s a casual kind of guy (and that the event line up calls for laid back looks). You can still look sassy in a cute sun dress with a well placed cut out, like this $76 Paisley number from Topshop:

Flaunt your gorgeous gams in wedge heels, and pop on some lipstick and sunglasses for extra fab. It’s casual, but it’s cute. I’m sure your beau will love it:

Well, that does it!
Which of these looks would you rock? And if any of these inspire your next night out, be sure to take pix and let us see!

21 Responses to “Style Inspiration: 4 Outfit Ideas for Sexy Nights on the Town”

1. Jazz says:

Love these looks esp 1 and 2. That sequined tiger skirt is hot!

2. Ayana says:

I Love them all, I feel inspired to get dolled up a hit the town after this post

Love these Claire! Especially the 3rd option – need that dress in my life!

4. Marsha D says:

WOOOO CHILE! LOVE THEM ALL!

5. KayGee says:

Yeah… because I can afford any of these right? lol

6. Child Please says:

@KayGee if you can’t afford a $20 skirt, you need to use the internet to find a better job.

7. Carmen Iris says:

These are all pretty good looks but the first and the third are my favorite.

8. Sydni says:

The last look has me reaching for breath… I still cant find it.
    Omw to buy that dress and to find some similar shoes and lip color XD

9. binks says:

YES to these outfits!

10. Martinique_Fr says:

Great choices! decisions… decisions… I like them all.

11. Lioness says:

LOVE that sequin tiger mini!

12. jmob says:

@ Child please actually the cost of the skirts are $150, $17.80, $465 not $20. Hmm maybe you can use the internet to find some reading some reading classes?

13. Child Please says:

@jmob aka @KayGee $17.80 is less than $20, so that means you’re really broke. And looking at your comment, you can’t write either, so you’re really assed out. Again. Log off this fashion site and enroll in school so you can find a job and one day shop at Forever 21.

14. Hatingas$#FEMALES says:

I don’t know who the f&%k Childplease is, but u staying coming for somebody on this site. Have several seats and mind your damn business! All these outfits listed are not within many people’s reach. This outfits are examples of what you could wear out, of course people are going to put their own spin on it. Question is being a an internet thug the new black? Black women stay putting each other down, what’s up with that?

Ha-ha assed out??? Wow you really are ignorant. Grow up speak with a little intellect please !! Your antics are becoming annoying.

16. Yes yes yes and yes! The first 2 are my faves though. Gotta love a blazer and bright skirts!

17. Lauren says:

Look #2 is everything!

18. I’m very excited for my first date because this all product will help me to successful date night…
    Thanks for all information…

19. Joan Price says:

I absolutely love all these little sexy dresses! I think if I had to narrow it done to one though I would have to go with the Rick Owens off the shoulder top. Not only is it extremely classy but it’s super sexy!