August 6th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
Weekend Hot or Hmm…: The Hoodie Awards, Kim Kardashian, Nia Long, and More!
By Faith

Happy Monday everyone! The weekend flew by and I spent it lounging and watching the Olympics.

It was an eventful weekend with The Hoodie Awards taking place in Las Vegas and a slew of other celebrities were out and about from NYC to LA.

Let’s get into this weekend’s looks!

Steve and Marjorie Harvey were spotted on the blue carpet at The Hoodie Awards. Steve added some flair with polka dot accoutrements and Marjorie shut it down in Tom Ford. They’re a great looking couple!

Polka dots are clearly on-trend for men because like Steve, Terrence J wore them on the contrast lapels of his white blazer.

Stella McCartney Fall 2011 is still going strong and Selita Ebanks wore a sheer peplum dress from the coveted collection, paired with $895 Christian Louboutin Love Me 85 Leather and Mesh Pumps. Hot!

Michael Jai White opted for pinstripes and a red tie at the event. He is beyond fine, but something about this suit is off. Hmm…

Anthony Anderson looked great in white and blue…until you got to the shoes. His handkerchief is fine because it plays off the other colors in the ensemble, but his shoes in the same shade are a bit too heavy and weigh it down.

Judge Mathis and his wife Linda were on hand. I’m feeling her Alexander McQueen lace dress, but that feather clutch gets a hmm…

To get your Monday swooning in, Morris Chestnut was there. I would have preferred a classic black and white tux on him with patent leather shoes, but that face! I’ll get over it.

Bobby Brown and his wife Alicia were spotted on the blue carpet. Do I really need to say anything?

Tasha Smith always shuts it down and she looked stunning in a black and white lace sheath with her husband, Keith Douglas, on her arm. Work Tasha!

Tichina Arnold is a woman after my own heart because she loves herself some draping! I’m feeling her sequin skinnies and platform pumps, but I’m not quite sure what is happening with her top/jacket. She’s so beautiful: she should tone down her looks and go for the less is more approach.

Out in Agoura Hills, California on her way to church, Kim Kardashian was spotted with her nephew Mason in a nude peplum dress and $695 Giuseppe Zanotti Low Platform Pumps. Not even a colorful shoe? I’m all for minimalism and understated looks, but the lack of color in her wardrobe is becoming a bit of a drag. Cutie Mason, however, is enough to lift anyone’s spirits!

Viola Davis was glowing at the Won’t Back Down screening in NYC. She wore a $398 Rachel Roy Drape Back Sheath Dress and Mojito Sandals from Brian Atwood. Hot!

At the Florida Women’s Summit in Miami, Eva Longoria looked cute in a high-neck Naven dress and pumps by guess who? Brian Atwood.

Amber Riley looked simple and chic at the SiriusXM Studios in NYC.

Keyshia Cole also stopped by the SiriusXM Studios in a bow-detailed blouse, black skinnies, and $150 Sam Edelman Alvin Leopard Print Calf Hair Slippers. I’m liking this pairing, but the fit of her top is engulfing her petite frame.

Menswear-inspired was the look for Jessica Alba while she was out and about in the Big Apple.

Khloe Kardashian went for all-white at the Hpnotiq Harmonie Cocktail Recipe Launch in a $97 Addison Drop Needle Mixed Media Sweater and Christian Louboutin Bianca Pumps.

At the Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth Opening Night on Broadway, Nia Long paired a dot print blouse with denim and yellow pumps. Cute!

Last, but not least was Tamera Mowry who looked fab in a colorblock dress and cut-out wedges at the Hallmark Movie Channel 2012 TCA Summer Press Tour.

Who had your favorite looks this week?
~Faith

31 Responses to “Weekend Hot or Hmm…: The Hoodie Awards, Kim Kardashian, Nia Long, and More!”

1. ShoesAreFUn says:

KEisha ! Keisha! Keisha ..sigh *Jesus Take the Wheel*

2. T1K says:

OMG Keysha girl just stop it!.. everyone looks nice, hmm to Tichina. Love Khloe’s dress and little Mason’s sneakers!

3. Taj says:

A lot of great looks

4. AzizMom says:

Great weekend wrap up! Anthony Anderson’s shoe’s may be navy blue, but still very dark weighing down the white suit. Khloe…sigh. She looks very fresh faced, but this outfit isn’t for her. The skirt is too short and those legs are not the business. I wish she’d dress for her body type and stop trying to keep up with her big sis Kim.

5. whatevs says:

this entire post could have been skipped…

6. Camilla says:

I think Anthony Anderson’s shoes are blue

7. I can’t with the majority of these looks. Terrance J looks like he needs a bath and a shave. Michael Jai White looks like he just left a stepper’s set. Anthony Anderson’s shoes are navy, not black. Pam, I mean Tachina needs to have a seat. Morris Chestnut isn’t getting better with age. I can’t with Kim and the all nude ensemble. On a good note, I like Selita’s shoes and Khloe’s dress.

8. Ebonykittykat203 says:

Loved the post…. .the ladies look great but I didn’t like some of the guy’s “Easter Sunday” pinstriped suits lol

9. Selita Ebanks and Tasha smith looked Stunning. I think they were my faves. Kim Kardashian is boring me…and that peplum dress is saying nothing for her figure. Maybe its the color. Ugh

10. Alison DiLaurentis says:

That Tom Ford “Star Wars” dress has only looked good on Gwyneth Paltrow so far imo.
    Tasha Smith looks good but she needs to have her husband’s suits tailored, they are always too big and kinda “southern” looking (no offense).
    Nia looks great a usual, same as Selita except that hairstyle (it makes her forehead looks even bigger).

11. Jaz says:

Pretty sure that Anthony has on blue shoes…miss Amber’s dress needs something- maybe shorten it and add a belt ….Nia you better work.

12. Likkle Miss says:

I love Selita’s look, but would have preferred her hair in sleeker style.

13. Regina says:

I really like how Judge Mathis looked. In some of his previous pics, he wld wear those shiny suits showing that ’3rd leg’.

14. Jihan says:

Anthony Anderson’s shoes look more like they’re navy blue to me, which I think is kind of a cool choice

15. meekaG says:

Tamera looks so cute, Khole dress love it.

16. reesha says:

Anthony Anderson, Tasha Smith and Viola Davis were flawless. Anthony needed the blue shoes to ground the outfit so it didn’t look like Easter or Kentucky derby. Nah Selita must have been attending Jessica Rabbit’s funeral after the event, some people forgot to use the spray tan and let’s hold a private meeting for Keisha Cole we gone get her together!!

17. FashionOne says:

Selita Ebanks looks great from head to toe!

18. Loni says:

In fact Anthony Anderson’s shoes are blue. Did you look at the picture?

19. Tiara says:

Keisha can’t get right that should be her new name and yessss tamara!

20. DivaFabulosa says:

Kloe, Selita, and Nia Long all look great. Aww Tamera looks so cute pregnant. Can’t wait to see what her baby looks like.

21. LaTasha says:

Steve Harvey’s wife looks pretty. I also liked Tasha’s look and Tichina’s sequin pants. I see people are really rocking this sequin for the summer. Kimmy Kimmy Kim. That is not an outfit you wear to church…but then again I’m guessing she’s not attending a Baptist Church.

22. Deb says:

That Tom ford dress is a show stopper. Marjorie looks fantastic.

23. Lauren says:

I really like Khloe’s sweater and skirt combo. She looks amazing! Tamera looks cute too.

24. Jennifer says:

Khloe looks cute & fresh! Tamera just glows (: Selita is SERVING & Morris? WHEW! Just watched The Best Man so that flame is rekindled.

25. tt says:

i told y’all that whatever designer duds keyshia wears it ALWAYS looks CHEAP!!!

26. tammy m. says:

Nia is laid back chic as usual. Khole’s whole look is too fab.

27. Hello says:

Bobby and his wife looked cute to me, Keyshia’s outfit was the one that deserved no comment

28. KayGee says:

FMS.. Kim goes to church? LOL

29. hayilabc says:

Only looks that stand out are Selita who looks stunning & Kim is looking really bland in that monotone outfit. I would have threw on some brick red or plum colored pumps.

30. Sydni says:

I cant get over how stunning Tasha looks

31. Jill says: