August 6th, 2012
Angela Simmons, Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm

Angela Simmons celebrated her sister Vanessa’s birthday at the Sugar Factory in Las Vegas in a saucy lace sheer dress in virginal white by Edwing D’Angelo and Christian Louboutin platform heels:

She shielded her revealing ‘fit from camera flashes with a Bee Clutch by Virgos Lounge and long locks.

Though we haven’t been able to find the dress for sale online, we do know it features a low cut back and a tiered ruffle hem.

Her now sold out Bee clutch has mustard, black, and gold beads.

She looks cute…but uncomfortable. If you’re going to go bold, commit to it!
What do you think?

*More interested in Vanessa’s look? She’s wearing a Finders Keepers skirt, T Bags LA jacket, and Giuseppe Zanotti heels.

Images: WireImage

74 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Angela Simmons’s Sugar Factory Sheer Lace White Edwing D’Angelo Dress and Virgos Lounge Bee Clutch”

1. dyshaun says:

I think she was smart to cover up when the camera flashed, lest she be picked apart by the internet.

I like the dress; I wouldve perferred nude underpinnings tho. Dont like the clutch here. Or the shoes.

2. mary says:

OVEREXPOSED

3. hahahahah says:

WTF is this supposed to be? FAIL!

4. LawyerChic says:

I’m more interested in Vanessa’s look. By the way I’ve been dying to here Claire’s take on Vanessa’s swim suit line. Did I miss the post?

5. Natasha M. says:

Hmmm……….I usually LOVE Angela’s style but this one gets a Hmmmm from me. The sheer dress with the black underwear??? NOPE!! But Vanessa looks cute.

6. Child Please says:

If she didn’t want to be overexposed / picked apart, why did she wear a SEE THROUGH dress?
    When Rihanna flashes a nip or bra, she owns it, instead of putting it on and acting like it was a mistake. Hence the difference between her and this fake Fashionista.

7. hypnotic says:

So she thought matching her shoes to her panties was a good idea?

8. Twerk says:

what is the point of dressing like that if you’re just gonna be hiding behind your clutch bag, weave and arms? She looks pathetic, let it go. Her sister however looks too cute!

9. Indigo says:

It’s not even her birthday..#fail She is always up in a camera lens. One day she’s gonna be running from the camera,crying “leave me alone”..

10. T1K says:

Very hmmm to me

I agree she looks a little uncomfortable. It perhaps would’ve been better for her if she’d wore a bodycon dress under it or something… b/c if you’re going to go bold like that…OWN IT. Hair & Makeup looks great though!

12. Hmmm, there is a way to wear this right, and this ain’t it. Maybe she should have done this: http://www.wheredidugetthat.com/2012/08/white-lace-dress.html#more

I’m not in love with Karen’s look, but its a step up from Angela’s.

13. AzizMom says:

I don’t think Rev. Run would approve of either looks. Must say though, Angela has kept herself in shape. She looks very lean.

14. TEXAS_Style says:

see BAD is when you capable of wearing your grandma curtain this bish is BAD!!

15. y says:

Angela does not need to wear a dress like that. To make matters worst shes hiding behind a pounds of weave and HUGE clutch.

I just dont get it.

16. NikkiB. says:

no ma’am! way too exposed. for daylight? smh. She shouldve worn a black slip.

17. DivaFabulosa says:

Hugh, Angela….. I love how Vanessa is low key and classy, she’s not an attention whore. I like her shoes. Are they wedges or pumps?

18. DefStef says:

I know Angela is feeling herself and her toned body but she needs to put on some clothes. You are not at the beach and the cluth is cute but she shoulda left it at home.

19. LaTasha says:

I think Vanessa looks so pretty. I agree Angela looked a little uncomfortable. I will say I am in love with the envelope clutch.

20. Mamasay says:

Umm…I have similar lingere in my dresser. @NikkiB exactly!

21. jasmine says:

she always wears these little tiny or overexposed outfits and then looks uncomfortable in them. okay, you have a nice shape, the world knows now put some clothes on

22. Alissa says:

Love the dress……
    Hate that she………. looks uncomfortable, wore black undergarments instead of nude, and chose black platforms shoes to match.

23. SeeCaroundTown says:

She should have worn nude or white underneath. That black is questionable. Was she trying to match her undergarments with her shoes? I don’t like. Cute clutch, but should not have been paired with this dress.

24. Jhess says:

That dress looks like a beach coverup, and her undergarments are her bathing suit…very unclassy and leaves NOTHING to the imagination. It probably could’ve been better if she wore a one piece, but it still looks bad a and skanky.

25. Tisha Green says:

That’s a dress that you wear at the pool when you want to show off your bikini–not your undies. Celebs can get away with it but not us regular folk.

26. Stylishly Yours says:

This is look is horrible. Why is she hiding herself in every photo. What was the point of wearing this then??

27. MsK says:

Love the clutch! I am the proud owner of one, too :-)

28. SLIMB says:

I love angela, her and vanessa look cute & love the clutch. Whats the difference between looking at her bikini pictures while shes on the beach and these …overexposed hmm I dont think thats the word.

29. Dane says:

It’s like Angela is trying to steal Vanessa’s spotlight. It’s not her birthday.

30. Say-lah says:

While I absolutely love Vanessa & Angela (as they are my fav duo) I’m not sold on Angela’s look here, it’s not even her style. But I can understand switching it up every now and again to keep em talkin.

31. LinLin says:

she looks so uncomfortable it’s a fail…I agree with @Dane, it seems like shes trying to steal some shine…trying too hard Vanessa looks cute and youthful though

32. DannielleS says:

33. dominique says:

vanessa looks drunk~ i like her look better

34. FBD Lover says:

I get what angela was trying to do. It definitely could have been executed better. @sun.kissed of 8ty4 Vintage thanks for the link, that’s the way to do it indeed. I think Vanessa looks really cheap.

35. Kay says:

Then……she hides behind her oversized clutch :-/

36. tt says:

someone already said it, “FAIL!” once again, angela tries way too hard. it’s so obvious that she’s not comfortable in this dress so, why even wear it?

37. ethel says:

I like the lace dress, I think it would have looked great with a neon colored slip underneath. Or even the bra top with a black slip. Or nude lace underpinnings.

The black sporty underwear just doesn’t look good with such a romantic dress to me. I think her shoes are also wrong.

But I love this concept. I hope she tries again.

38. sabrina says:

TACKY! If she wants to rock that outfit it needs to be as a cover-up with flip flops on the beach! #nothanks

39. Andrea says:

Nope…you cant pull the look off with big hips and ass..

40. ebby says:

I think the outfit would look better if she looked more comfortable and confident.

41. Ray says:

the look could have been pulled off with a diffident clutch & a bucket of confidence

42. Jax says:

eeeeeewww

43. hmm… i think angela seems little bit uncomfortable to face the camera may be because of the outfit she wears.. but i luv her bee clutch bag..

44. Sweet coco says:

She does look uncomfortable, but we’ve all been there. Bought something not our usual style and spent the nit tugging and pulling and wishing we hadn’t gone there. I’m more interested in their makeup, both look on point. Could you do a how to feature, Vanessa looks work appropriate and Angela date night (makeup wise)?

45. drey says:

the dress is perfect for a beach look with sandals and a swimsuit but not works here.

46. zona says:

It’s a no for me, at the beach yes..here NO! it’s a lil tacky

47. Ni says: