August 2nd, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week In Chic: Joan Smalls, Rita Ora, June Ambrose, and More!
By Faith

Happy August everyone! We’re into a new month and I’m focused on making the last stretch of summer last!

There were tons of celebrity sightings this week from London to Vegas and there were only a handful of casual looks this week, meaning the ladies got dressed!

Let’s get into this week’s looks shall we?

Supermodel Joan Smalls kept it simple and chic in all-black at the Private Opening of the Omega House at the London 2012 Olympic Games. Is there ever a time when she doesn’t look hot?

Over in Vegas, Rita Ora was spotted on the red carpet at Lavo Nightclub. She paired a pink motorcycle jacket with a crop top and a high-waist fishtail skirt. This look would have been fierce with a blush pink or nude lip. I do like it though!

June Ambrose always wears the hottest prints and she did just that at the Second Annual New Orleans in the Hamptons Benefit Gala. Work June!

At the Warner Music Group Pre-Olympics Party in London, Shingai Shoniwa shut it down in a fringe dress. I love this and I need more of her.

Aisha Tyler went glam at the Total Recall Premiere in Hollywood. She has really impressed me in the past month with her style. I have my eye on her for sure.

I love seeing Sanaa Lathan and she attended the Dannijo & Tucker Tea VIP party in Beverly Hills, California. Lavender is her color!

Regina Hall was also in attendance at the Dannijo & Tucker fête. Where has she been? Her $745 Dannijo Hilde Collar Necklace is super cute, though I’m not sure it gets enough shine with the neckline of her dress.

Another beauty I haven’t seen in awhile…Joy Bryant was on hand at the Kelly Cole Store Grand Opening in LA. Her skin is magnificent!

Tamera Mowry showed off her baby bump in turquoise  at the 2012 Summer TCA Press Tour.

Wherever Tamera goes, Tia isn’t far behind and she shined in cobalt and black. Gorg!

More 2012 Summer TCA Press Tour looks…Eva Marcille was frosted from head to toe. Her hair and makeup are flawless as usual, but I’m not sure how I feel about her brocade dress. What do you think?

Eva’s cast mate and friend, Denyce Lawton, was right alongside her on the red carpet in a printed form-fitting dress.

Garcelle Beauvais looked so chic at the Versailles 73 Screening in LA in a black trench dress, zebra pumps, and a $242 Diane von Furstenberg Tonda Clutch. Hot!

My girl Jessica Alba kept it casual in a white dress and flat gladiator sandals.

Michelle Williams looked glorious in orange and a statement necklace at a taping of BET Bobby Jones Gospel in Washington, D.C.

Nicole Murphy kept it casual with her fiancé Michael Strahan, but uplifted her ensemble with a $2,650 Gucci Bold Top Handle Satchel.

At the wrap party for Soul Man in Studio City, California, Niecy Nash kept it simple in a black jumpsuit.

Rashida Jones is making the promotional rounds this week and she went for femininity in a printed blouse and bandage skirt. Cute! This is a fun change from her all-black ensemble in LA.

Tolula Adeyemi showed off her svelte physique in a white form-fitting dress with cutout detailing at the Johnnie Walker Gold Label Launch Party at Whisky Mist in London. Those booties are a hmm…not sure why she chose them as the finishing touch on what could have been a darling look.

Last, but not least was Vanessa Williams who looked fiery in a red blouse and strappy sandals. I need her secrets and potions!

Who had your favorite looks this week?

30 Responses to “This Week In Chic: Joan Smalls, Rita Ora, June Ambrose, and More!”

1. Bella says:

What is Chic about Rita Ora?!… Her makeup looks like war paint (hair HIDEOUS) … just lipstick everywhere and either her clothes are wrinkle or just don’t coordinate together

2. Christie says:

Omg when will all this BS about calling current runway models “SUPERMODELS” end ?! That era is OVER AND DONE WITH …. It stopped at Naomi and Kate … Lol Im sorry but it’s annoying , these newbies will be washed out by the end of the year … On to a new muse .

And I would like to know what the hell Vanessa is wearinggggg ?!:(

3. Dana says:

Yes please post more photos of Shingai Shoniwa, she is such a beautiful woman and has an amazing fashion sense.

4. Tamera is glowing, both her and Tia look great! I have a very similar necklace to the Regina Hall is wearing, I payed nowhere near $800 for it and mine looks better ;)

5. Dom says:

Eva is wearing that dress! Like, dang!

Shingai is bautiful. Her skin looks like molten chocolate.

6. J-marie says:

Ugh. I forgot to read the byline but half way through the post I could tell it wasn’t written by Claire. Some of these looks are soo underwhelming

7. DannielleS says:

Can never get with Rita! Eva and her skin look amazing…I kind of like her dress. The twins are always looking so cute!

8. SHOEFETISH says:

@J-marie, I said the same thing I KNOW Claire did not post this..

9. dyshaun says:

Rita looks nice. Eva’s brocade is super cute, her hair takes away.

10. dyshaun says:

Forgot my fave, Shingai <3

11. LJF67 says:

i just don’t get thei whole Rita Ora thing at all. Sorry. Vanessa looks amazing – holding it down for the 40+ crowd!

12. whatevs says:

still trying to make Rita happen…she looks a mess…

13. NikkiBellaRay says:

Eva did that!

14. Savage says:

If you don’t think Joan Smalls isn’t a supermodel you are smoking something that is not legal! That young black woman is working! And not just shows but she has ads for clothes and a cosmetic line. I can’t remeber a black model who was on her level in recent history!

15. Nisa says:

Shingai Shoniwa ….closed the doors, cut out the lights and told everyone to have a seat puuuulleeeease..its ova! FLY as H3LL – hair, makeup, outfit are slammin!!!

Joan, Dem Twins, Eva, and Garcelle…..*drops mic*

17. Fashionbum82 says:

Where’s Danielle?

18. cherimacheri says:

Go shingie my cuzzie look good as always

19. LaTasha says:

Here’s my run down:

Rita Ora…this chile needs to be lifted in prayer. I can’t even give her a D- in effort.

I love Aisha Tyler’s dress. I see sequin is in for this summer.

Joy Bryant looks fun. Love the fresh face makeup.

I am loving Garcelle’s trench dress. And last…Vanessa Williams.(sigh) She’s still defying the laws of aging.

20. hayilabc says:

Everybody looks great but Rita Ora and Vanessa Williams. Rita looks wretched per usual and Vanessa’s outfit makes her shape look weird. Jessica Alba shouldn’t have been featured in this because she looks basic and I HATE when pregnant women squeeeeezeee their baby belly in dresses like Tamara did. :(

21. ChasC says:

There is nothing Chic about Rita Ora, NOTHING

22. Siyam says:

Love Joan, Mowryx2, Shingai, and I was actually feeling Eva’s dress. It’s kind of nice.

23. Ninjo says:

Shingai Shoniwa can do wrong in fashion and beauty.

What’s there to think about Eva looks blazing!

June is perfection and Tamera has never looked better.

24. Cmbrown827 says:

Garcelle looks great!

25. Sydni says:

eva is killing it… im just staring at her and cant take my eyes off of her, she looks so beautiful

26. alynxx says:

Eva the diva always rocks!

27. Christie says:

Lol @Savage …. In recent history ? I feel disrespected by that lol … Um …… NAOMI CAMPBELL , ALEK WEK , LIYA KEBEDE … THESE MODELS ARE MORE THEN ESTABLISHED ! JOAN IS PUTTING IN WORK BUT I GAURANTEE YOU SHE’S THE MUSE OF THE YEAR , SHE’LL BE LIKE AGYNESS DEYN SOON. THE SUPERMODEL ERA IS DONE , HUN! the previous women I mentioned ? Still working over 30yrs old , they are in major rotation, household names … Meh, I’m done. I cannot argue , it’s pointless .

28. itsjustme says:

i think eva’s outfit is actually a 2 piece from h&m.

29. Kateeeee says:

EVA!!!!!!!! woooooowww!

30. xi zane says:

Rita Ora…she just tries so hard. so sad.