August 2nd, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News, Kanye West
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Some ‘ol tepid reviews from decorated fashion journalists isn’t gonna keep Kanye West from being great. A source tells Fashionista that the rapper will show another women’s collection this season, presumably in Paris. You can’t say the man isn’t persistent. What do you think? Do you want to see another collection from Yeezy? (Fashionista)

• Does the world need a documentary directed by and starring one Beyoncé Knowles? Yes. Yes, it does. The legendary singer has been shopping a documentary film about her life to Hollywood producers. The LA Times describes the flick as “…a mix of music and personal study, blending concert footage with confessional interview.” So… it’s like all her concert DVD’s except with more talking? I smell an Oscar! (LAT)

• Word on the street is John Galliano is looking to move to Los Angeles with his partner Alexis Roche. The ex-Dior Creative Director was spotted at the Sunset Tower’s Tower Bar exchanging niceties with Diane Kruger. Apparently, Roche wants to work as a celebrity stylist, and since Galliano’s out of rehab, it’s a good time for the pair to make the move. (Hollywood Reporter)

GQ chats with Pharrell Williams and menswear designer Mark McNairy on their latest endeavor, Bee Line for Billionaire Boys Club. (GQ)

• Ever wonder how Anna Dello Russo manages to stunt in teensy weensy dresses during Fashion Week when it’s February and a mere 30 degrees? Glamour editor Susan Cernek spills the tea: “Rumor has it that street style supernova Anna Dello Russo puts athletic heat patches onto the small of her back on chilly Fashion Week days so she can sport skimpy designer duds and still stay toasty.” Well, that’s one way to do it! I’d go the large fur coat route, but whatever works for Ms. Dello Russo! (Refinery 29)

• Starting 2013, H&M will introduce trendy home accessories and furnishing options to their stores. The retailer already offers home options in their U.K., Sweedish, Austrian, German, and Netherlands shops. (WWD)

Sophia Kokosalaki is leaving Diesel Black Gold. The designer served as the brand’s creative director for three years. Kokosalaki said in a statement: “The last three years I have spent at Diesel Black Gold have been a very interesting and enjoyable experience. I would like to thank the whole DBG team for their hard work and support in helping me to establish this line. I am now looking forward to new challenges and wish Diesel Black Gold every success in the future.” (Vogue UK)

~Jihan

9 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Kanye West May Design Another Womenswear Collection, Is John Galliano Moving to Los Angeles?, and Pharrell Williams and Mark McNairy Design A Collection”

1. Brittany says:

Just no to Kanye’s new line, Beyonce’s documentary and wearing heat patches on your skin so you can wear skimpy clothing in February.

2. M1zzdlady says:

Kanye, stick to music please! Do not subject us another one of your fashion horror lines. On behalf of the world, I’m gonna do like the title of your song and beg you for MERCY!

3. LaTasha says:

I swear Pharrell doesn’t look a day over 21. **heavy sigh** Kanye Kanye. I was thinking, his ex-fiance was a fashion designer right? It would be interesting to see how his fashion line would look like if they were still together. She could give him some insight on what to do since she went to school for it. Just because you have the ablilty to dress well(with help from others) doesn’t mean you have the knowledge to create a line. And for Beyonce’s documentary….bless her heart.

4. jbrizzy says:

Kanye you can miss me with that BS, like who actually buys his clothing? Like I really commend him for trying out fashion but it aint gonna work. I actually wanted to get the black and pink version of the Air Yeezy’s until I found out that he chargers over 2,000 for a pair of ducking shoes. Like who the duck does he think he is for charging that much on some basic ass shoes. If i ever in my life spend that much on some shoes, imma need them to walk for me. No I am not here for Kanye west two piece and a biscuit ass clothing line, stick to what you know.

5. Marthe says:

^ this

*what the duck*

6. Jdubb says:

Really you guys? For a first collection kanyes line was actually very solid. You have to remember that it was his first line. I’m pretty sure alot of ppl did not wear many of some of major fashion designers first lines. As long as his line progresses I think he should go for it.

7. MG! says:

Yes, Bey!

8. Sierra says:

Personally, I feel like Kanye West was NOT true to himself as a VISUAL artist. I feel like both previous collections were just a concept to heighten his brand ” Kanye debuts at PARIS FASHION WEEK” more hype and promo than love for womenswear fashion design. I feel like Kanye needs people on his in his design firm who are truly skilled and experienced technical designers. Next the visual concept should be inspired by Kanye’s artwork media, like even the cover for the G.O.O.D Music album would be a great source of inspiration for a Paris preter-port-ter collection. Honestly though although Kanye exudes the “I dont care what people think attitude” he dodges fashion press instead of embracing it and learning from it.

9. Diva says:

let me just put this out there : NOBODY WANTS TO SEE A BEYONCE DOCUMENTARY !
    Kanye really need to have a seat, he’s gonna become a joke with his ambitions in the fashion designer arena, but I have to say he looks damn good in the tux…. He cleans up quite well and he looks all grown & handsome…. me likes !