August 1st, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Now that she’s fired Nigel Barker, Miss J, and Jay Alexander, Tyra Banks is the only constant fixture on America’s Next Top Model. But it turns out the model mogul was thinking of leaving the show herself. She told the New York Post“I’ve thought about turning the reigns over. I had to be reminded that [ the show ] is my baby. A few years ago, I was willing to give my baby up for adoption!” (NYP)

• Nicki Minaj represents the Lollipop Guild alongside Jeremy Scott in this Adidas Originals “All Originals Represent” spot for the brand. (Adidas Originals Youtube)

• Here is the Harajuku Barbie again, jumping, waving, and getting on bad in her carnival-themed music video for “Pound The Alarm.” (Nicki Minaj Youtube)

• One day, we will all be as old as Karl Lagerfeld, and each of us will relish in the privilege of saying whatever we want without having to face any consequences. Lagerfeld is known for his sharp tongue, and this time, he’s aimed it at Pippa Middleton. While the Chanel creative director is feeling her older sister Kate, Uncle Karl will have you know he is not here for Pippa: “Kate Middleton has a nice silhouette. I like that kind of woman, I like romantic beauties,” he said. “On the other hand, her sister struggles. I don’t like the sister’s face. She should only show her back.” Well, dang! The shade is serious! (Vogue UK)

The Cut noticed that Olympic gymnasts are no longer wearing their hair in slick, tight buns, but are now opting for the hairstyle I rock every day looser, messier approach to the bun. (The Cut)

• Guys, Wet ‘n’ Wild has created Saved by the Bell-themed neon nail polish. Rejoice! (SHEFinds)

~Jihan

14 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Tyra Banks Thought of Leaving Top Model, Nicki Minaj “Represents” in Video for Adidas Originals, and Saved by the Bell Nail Polish Exists”

Saved by the Bell? Hmmmmk

2. Nicki looks like a peacock with two broken legs trying to walk in those heels and keep with the beat at the same damn time! I see she swapped them out for a pair of flip flip flops in the dance sequence. It would be best to just not dance if you ask me. Good to see her reppin’ her home land though.

3. Loniann says:

Those are so the colors from the 90′s. Sweet nostalgia!

4. Marsha D says:

Good ridance…enough of ANTM already. Just cancel the whole damn show-

5. Eureka says:

Karl is off his rocker. Being and elder you can get away with some things. The old lady who never wants to wait in line so she cuts ALL the lines that’s fine. However, this man has taken it too far.

6. Kahalia says:

How is Nicki Minaj digestible for a female audience. What straight woman is like “oooh I can’t wait to see t & a galore in Nicki’s new video!”. I’m no feminist but this video has suffragettes rolling over in their graves. lol

7. soon2Bmrs says:

Go Gabby!

8. Izhause says:

Congrats Gabby and her fellow teammates on winning the gold and Karl is correct about Pippa.

9. Izhause says:

Congrats Gabby!

10. KayD says:

“On the other hand her sister struggles.” Why do we allow this man to have so much power? Good grief.

11. Kay says:

The set of this video is fire,wish I was there during the shoot.

12. Marthe says:

In my opinion, I want Nicki Minaj to start making dancehall music (or at least some rap with a good rythm, not these electronic sh*ttunes you here everywhere now)

13. Ni says:

I, to this day, STILL don’t know who’s that guy that be in ALL of Nicki’s video’s except for the “Your Love” vid.

14. cher bear says:

Tyra needs to just let that baby go! top model hasn’t been the same for years! i feel like its gimmicky and boring.. just like american idol the winners don’t make any real money