August 1st, 2012
Fashion News, Shoes
Sneaker News : Reebok x Basquiat’s Fall/Winter 2012 Collection

Everyone’s rocking sneakers right now–why not rest your heels in a pair of hot kicks?
Reebok recently released new images from their ongoing Jean-Michel Basquiat inspired collection, curated by Swizz Beatz:

The unisex collection features Jean-Michel Basquiat’s iconic artwork on Reebok Classic sneaker silhouettes:

Pump Omni Lite, $150
SL Berlin, $110
Tennis Vulc Low, $85

The last design was influenced by Jean-Michel’s father, Gerard. The avid tennis fan wanted a tennis shoe included in the Fall/Winter 2012 collection.

Way to pay tribute!

All styles are available at FootAction.com.

What do you think?
Would you rock ‘em?

Posted In
9 comments

9 Responses to “Sneaker News : Reebok x Basquiat’s Fall/Winter 2012 Collection”

1. I wouldn’t wear them, but I do think they’d look nice on guys. I wouldn’t consider these shoes unisex.

2. Savage says:

I hardly ever wear sneakers but these will get copped, the pumps…def!

3. Faith says:

So hot!

4. jasmine says:

Love this idea! Jean Michel was one genius of an artist we lost too soon. The last shoe being inspired by his father is kinda laughable as I’ve read that relationship was strained to the very end and contributed to the artist’s demise.

5. Lynaya says:

I don’t wear sneakers often but I would definitely get these. They would make the few times I wear sneakers even better.

6. Diva says:

the pumps are the nicest to me…. cool

7. KayD says:

I like the one in the middle.

8. Marthe says:

I wish Jean-Michel Basquiat (by FAAAAAR the artist I love the most, with all my heart) was more present in the shoe. Why didn’t they make sneakers that were like the ones he wore? It’s a nice way to pay contribute but it should be a little clearer that it’s Basquiat in these sneakers. Just because I love Basquiat so so much, ofcourse, I would wear all of these anyway!

9. Wallflower says:

Marthe took the words right out of my mouth. I was hoping for a little more Basquiat and a little less Reebok.