July 31st, 2012
Accessories, Fashion News, Shopping
Cool Online Find: Wendy Brandes’s WendyB Diffusion Line
By Faith

Let’s face it: we’re the generation of acronyms, abbreviations, and punctuation marks. This is largely in part due to social media and the need to get our message across at lightning speed. It started in the days of AIM (remember it?) and has since translated to Facebook, Twitter, and even blogs. Wendy Brandes has always been in tune with the ever-changing social climate and has perfectly captured it in her fun WendyB Diffusion Line full of rings and necklaces capturing all of our most-used symbols.

From heart emoticons to LOL rings, the collection is jam packed with jewelry that will allow you to take your love for social media to the next level, taking the conversation offline into your everyday life.

Some of my favorite styles feature acronyms that I use daily: SMH, YOLO, and NYC. You’ll need to throw caution to the wind and resort to a bit of YOLO-ing due to the price point of these particular pieces, but unique jewelry is worth it right?

The collection retails for $55 – $950, so there is something within everyone’s budget, or lack thereof. The Exclamation Ring is definitely atop my list of must-have pieces for the Fall.

Visit www.wendybrandes.com to start shopping the full collection now.

What do you think?

14 Responses to “Cool Online Find: Wendy Brandes’s WendyB Diffusion Line”

1. T1K says:

SMH at the price.

Is this a joke…the prices are way too much

3. blackgirl says:

what the heck? prices are like way too expensive i can get a 10kt gold “LOL” ring made just like the ones displayed on the website for under $100 at slauson swapmeet…get outta here with that

4. Marsha D says:

It’s cute…but I will wait for the sale.

5. Briana says:

Well it is fine jewelry…using real silver and gold. But I guess since the designs are so basic the prices seem unreasonable. I agree with Marsha, I would wait for the sale. I just don’t seem the pieces as investments. To each her own!

6. Good idea, but not at these prices. Real gold or not.

7. WendyB says:

Thanks so much for featuring me, Fashion Bomb! I’m very much aware that not many people know the costs of producing extreme-high-quality, limited-edition goods in the United States. For the basics on that, you can read my blog post “Get Smart (About Manufacturing)” here: http://wendybrandes.com/blog/2010/01/get-smart-about-manufacturing/ My other “Get Smart” posts about quality, quantity and metal prices are here: http://wendybrandes.com/blog/category/get-smart/ And if you have the chance to try on my work in person, I recommend it. Once you feel what real quality is like — and how much metal I use when mass manufacturers use hardly any — it will be hard to settle for anything else :-)

8. addikted2fashion says:

Real gold or not, why would anyone drop that kinda money on basic rings? If they were < $20 folks would be all over it. But $55-$1000? Get a new scheme, Boo.

9. IMO says:

The price should be more like 25 cent like the bubble gum machines and you just better hope you dont get the same letter!

ok thats might have been harsh..I understand the cost of silver and gold but the design is so basic that it just seem like you could sell million more (with a cheaper metal) to the highschool/college age buyers at a lower price point…because I doubt a 35 yr old women would walk around with “LOL” across their hands and neck.

10. Peachie says:

if you can’t see yourself paying for these designs, you’re proably not part of her target marke. ijs.

11. Peachie says:

market*

12. Marsha D says:

Besides the prices….Wendy thank you for displaying your artistry, very nice work.

13. Fashionbum82 says:

This looks like something for a target market for 16-24 target market unless they are kardashians these pieces are too much money! but good luck girl!

14. Erin says:

What a fun concept! I appreciate that this line is made in the USA, it isn’t always easy or ever cheap to manufacture domestically, but in the end I think it’s worth it.