July 30th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Fashion, Hot or Hmm
Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: Kelly Rowland, Lala Anthony, Rihanna, Mya, and More!
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Hey there Bombers and Bombshells!

Hope you enjoyed your weekends! My back still hurts from all the dancing I did at Grits and Biscuits, and I’m recovering from a cold that just randomly decided to pop up. So yeah…I’m  in a little pain, but my fingers work, and that’s really all that matters. It seems our celebrity friends got it together this weekend, keeping all the Hmm…-worthy ‘fits in the back of their closets where they belong.

Let’s get into it!

First up, we’ve got Kelly Rowland and Lala Anthony, just hanging out after Rowland’s boxing lesson.  Rowland paired a cute blue Nike gym top with patterned leggings and sneakers, while Lala kept it casual in a pair of Rag & Bone Tuxedo Skinny Jeans, Christian Louboutin studded sneakers, Tom Ford Nikita sunnies, Karl Lagerfeld tee and black Birkin. Lala rarely looks a mess and this time is no exception. Hot! all round!

Ne-Yo and girlfriend Monyetta were spotted together this weekend at the Prime Time Black & Red Gala in Atlanta. The couple kept their looks painfully predictable, with Ne-Yo rocking his trademark fedora and Monyetta opting for the Real Housewife uniform: a Hervé Leger frock and heels. They’re both Hot! enough, but I wish their looks were a little more interesting. Zzzz…

T-Pain, where ya been, buddy? The multi talented producer performed at “Ditch Fridays” in Las Vegas this weekend. This look is quintessential T-Pain: funky, fun, and a little quirky. While I’m giving those shorts the proverbial side-eye (Hmm…), how cool are those sunglasses?

Mya looked quite nice in a Rajo Laurel dress for a performance in Australia this weekend. Mya looks Hot! but I wish she’d kept the Basketball Wives hoops in the jewelry box.

Scandal‘s Columbus Short looked positively dapper at the TCA Press Tour ABC/Disney Party in Beverly Hills. Um, yeah… I only included him in this roundup because I think he’s Hot!

Jada Pinkett-Smith put us all to shame, tweeting a photo of herself emerging from the sea in a Missoni two-piece. Do I even need to say it? Homegirl is Hot! I’m several years her junior, and my stomach looks nothing like that!

Sofia Vergara continued in the tradition of doing no wrong this weekend, attending a launch at the Joffrey Ballet School at Cal State Northridge. Sofia looks cute in that lacy black dress an Christian Louboutin peep toes. *Sidenote* Game of Thrones fans, how much is “Joffrey Ballet School” throwing you off? All I can think of is inbred King Joffrey  upon hearing that name.

Our friend Robyn Fenty wrapped up her vacation in a blue and white floral printed frock from Brood’s Fall 2012 collection. Is it just me, or has Riri grown tired of the Pigpen-inspired looks she’d been rocking for the past few months? I love this dress, she looks glamorous and comfortable! Hot!

When Yeezy‘s away, Kim will play! The reality star stepped out in *gasp!* a non-monochromatic ‘fit, pairing a belted red peplum blouse with beige pants and Christian Louboutin Pigalle pumps. I’m just happy to see her in some color!

But as he is wont to do, Kanye came and spoiled the fun, punishing Ms. Kardashian for her adventure in color by forcing her into (surprise!) another all-black look. While I love Kimmy’s Stella McCartney frock (who doesn’t?), I’m really bored with Yeezy’s styling. Let your girl dress herself, please and thanks!

Russell Simmons held his 13th annual Art for Life benefit this weekend, to which tons of celebs attended in support. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey coordinated in pink and purple. Mariah’s dress is Hot!, but Nick’s lavender suede shoes are giving me Mr. Biggs “Contagious” couture. Hmm…

Simmons’s daughters Aoki and Ming Lee look so beautiful and grown-up, no?

MC Lyte kept it colorful in a patterned frock and hot pink clutch. I love her short ‘do, and the dress is cute (Hot!), but the jacquard textured clutch is not working for me. (Hmm…)

Lastly, the insanely beautiful Camila Alves was spotted out in NYC on a stroll with her adorable children in an orange shirtdress and flat sandals. *Sigh* Can she not? Every time we see her she looks positively radiant and flawless. What can I say, the lady is Hot, Hot, Hot!

That’s all for now! Who had your favorite looks?

~Jihan

Images: Getty/Bauer Griffin/Splash

20 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: Kelly Rowland, Lala Anthony, Rihanna, Mya, and More!”

1. I’m so over Kim and Kanye especially their monochromatic looks. So boring.

Loving Rihannas dress and Mrs Smiths body is amazing! I agree with you about Ne-yo and his girlfriend. They were cute but *yawn*

2. Marsha D says:

Jihan! Deadddd! At the Mr Biggs comment! Lmbao! Everyone looked nice but Ne-yo’s red Bally/Clark’s are giving me uncle Desmond circa 1990. All he’s missing is the linen suit, a Guiness, and a furry Kangol.

3. Siyam says:

If Ne-yo doesn’t wear a fedora he looks like a pedophile. Jada’s abs are flawless, and camila is killin’em. Yay for ms. Fenty and thank god Mya is still performing :)

4. Dom says:

Mya looks like an old skool Vegas Singer. She’s too cute for this!

Camila Alves looks gorg! Finally, some baby bump action!

5. Diva says:

why does Mya look all swoll up ???
    MC Lyte looks awkward as per, smh
    I love Sofia Vergara’s dress and Columbus Short can get it !!!!

Everyone looks nice for the most part, but please include Mr. Short ANYtime you feel the urge. He’s been my baby daddy since Stomp the Yard!

7. Rebekah says:

Can we send the Herve Leger dresses into exile? Please?

8. BobbleHeadFred says:

Yea Cal State Northridge!!

9. Izhause says:

Rhi Rhi And Mariah both look good.

10. Jen says:

Yes miss Fenty has been dressing soo much better since shes been on Vacay. I sure hope when she gets back on her grind that she doesnt get back into that Grunge!

11. Not feeling the majority of this messy mess. Rihanna gets my vote. Kim’s all black is cute and Columbus Short looks yummy. Of course Auntie Jada looks good. Everyone else needs to have a seat.

12. Love Ming and Aoki Lee! Growing into lovely ladies. Not sure about Rihanna’s dress. Doesn’t match her edgy style that I love so much!

13. boo says:

everyone looks nice-ish…
    except Kim K’s camel toe in the tan pants

14. Dang Camila stay with the baby bumps haha. I personally think everybody looks good.

15. LaTasha says:

Well, here goes…

Columbus short looked mighty fine. Love the suit.

Jada is my role model. She’s a petite like myself, 40(i’m a bit younger; 32 to be exact) and is still killing the 25 and over. Go gurll!

Mariah looked nice in her pink and last, but I’m not sure why I bother to mention…I am so tired of Kim and Kanye. I know this is a fashion blog, but I can’t help but to feel sorry for Kanye. I’m just going to put Kanye in my prayers and keep it moving….

16. T. Espi says:

Chile… If I was married to Matthew McConaughey I would stay knocked up too! The man is hot like fire. Jada just sent me running for the gym. Glad to see Rhi Rhi getting it together cuz this last phase was no bueno.

17. MsA says:

Dead @ Marsha D and Siyam!

18. soon2Bmrs says:

*clutches pearls* Kimmy is wearing color???!!!!! *gasps*

19. hayilabc says:

everybody looks great EXCEPT Kanye that jean outfit is giving me old man vibes & T-pain in his tacky teenager outfit and I agree the earrings on Mya were uncalled-for would have looked so much better with some rhinestone drops or something.

20. Reicie says:

Please forgive me, but Ne-yo’s girl looks like she could be his mother. Reminds me of Usher and Tamika. And her ‘housewives uniform’ (HILARIOUS) is too tight You can see her top cup folded over on the right side in the pic. SMH