July 30th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
By Faith

Ashanti is back and she is definitely putting in work before her new album is released. She was spotted on the video set of Fat Joe’s new song “Pride & Joy” and she was tweeting up a storm, showcasing her bold look. She paired a $293 Givenchy Rottweiler Print Cotton Jersey Top with purple leopard print leggings and sky-high platform pumps:

She pulled her hair into a ponytail and showed off her tee’s edgy graphic. Ashanti finished her look with oversized hoop earrings and layered gold chains.

Her tee is one of my favorite pieces of the season and features a quite frightening rottweiler graphic.

Though I couldn’t spot a place to purchase them, I have a strong feeling that her leggings are Dolce & Gabbana. You might recognize the print because Mary J. Blige wore a long-sleeve form fitting dress in the same pattern back in February.

Last, but not least are her sky-high platform pumps which look a lot like these $750 Giuseppe Zanotti Patent Exaggerated Platform Pumps without the peep-toe.

It is a video thus over-the-top is the way to go, so I will give this look a thumbs up. On the street, this would be a hmm…

What do you think? Hot! or Hmm…?

Images: The YBF

27 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm… Ashanti’s Pride & Joy Video Set Givenchy Rottweiler Print Cotton Jersey Top, Purple Leopard Leggings, and Patent Platform Pumps”

1. hayilabc says:

Cute video look i guess

2. Kia says:

I hope this is only for the video. I feel like Ashanti is too old to be constantly dressing like this. This is for the 20′s club. Jmo

3. Alison DiLaurentis says:

Message to Ashanti, Emily B, Evelyn Lozada, etc: after you turn 30, please “grownify” your outfits or you look like a fool, (even in a video)!
    Ashanti looks like a cute, softer Janet Jackson.

4. Definitely thumbs up for a video. Real life? No!

5. In my opinion everyone but Khaled looks tacky. Ashanti is just wack, her style has never been original or good. Joe with the tongue out of his Louboutin’s and the fit of his pants just looks sloppy. People just feel that because they are wearing what is hot or a particular brand that it looks good on them or that they look fly and that is never the case.

6. P says:

Ashanti is not 59 she can wear what ever her sexy ass want she’s jus out of her 20s .

7. I hate to be harsh but she looks like an idiot. She looks cute in the pic with the dog but the other one, the glasses, necklaces, and shoes are all too much. Hope it looks good on film! :)

8. Kay says:

Um…cute shoes.

9. Coco says:

Why does she have to dress “grown” cus she’s now 30? This is the same mentality where ppl expect women to pack it up after a certain age. Age defines NO ONE

10. Hehe says:

She looks gaudy.

11. ChasC says:

Ashanti looks terribly childish. Boooooo

12. kory conover says:

I don’t care what this outfit is for….for me it’s still a hmm. Those leggings are awful. But the shoes and the top are gorgeous seperately.

13. Twerk says:

All those expensive pieces she’s wearing and she still manages to look tacky. Smh

14. i dont think the right term is “dress down” i think she can still look fly after 30, but I personally think that Ashanti missed the mark with fashion, and it has nothing to do with her age. I think one of my friends if a stylist for her on occassion,so I’m gonna watch it, but I will say that some of her outfits just don’t blend well, and sometimes it’s over done. But I think people need to realize that 30 isn’t the old, and while there are 30 years old walking around burnt out, or boring some of these women have great bodies are still living their lives and enjoying it, and they are indeed grown woman, and still have fun with their outfits.

15. yusufswifee says:

this look doesnt bother me. its classic ashanti with her 1B ponytail and all. I am also glad to see that she pulled that shirt down. over all, I’m indifferent….

16. Jessica says:

I think she looks great, Her personality has always been very fun a bubbly. Just keep in mind styles and personalities DO mix . I think she looks great Im not a fan of the shoes but I LOVE the shirt and leggings. GO ASHANTI > Always have loved her and her free spirit.

17. Mely B says:

I think she looks great & as others have mentioned it is a video look so it’s appropriate. All of the pieces work on their own but the entire outfit for street wear? No.

18. Ena says:

Fat joe looks pretty good there. I like his outfit and it seems like he’s lost some pounds.

19. Briana says:

I think it’s the leggings that is throwing this look off. Perhaps plain black leggings or even skinny jeans. Hell I’d even take cut off jean shorts! But I would have to agree with most, this is NOT an everyday outfit for a 30 something. I would even give a 20 something the side eye…again its probably those damn leggings!

20. Tammy M. says:

It is a video folks, style is gonna be different. Ashanti looks fab, keep doing you.

21. dyshaun says:

Love that shirt.

22. LADY says:

GWEN STEFFANI IS ALMOST 40 DOESNT DRESS HER AGE AND LOOKS GREAT ,SOME PEOPLE CAN PULL IT OFF .ASHANTIS PROBLEM IS SHE ALWAYS LOOKS LIKE SHES TRYING TO HARD .

23. Shelly says:

sigh…oh Ashanit…

24. Shelly says:

See…I was so distracted by the tackiness of the look that I spelled her name wrong, smh.

25. shonda says:

If another person whose name start with B wore this, yall would be asking claire where to purchase it!

She looks cute and can wear what she wants!

26. Ni says:

The leggings F’d it up. A solid royal blue pair would have gone just nicely, picking up the blue from the dog’s nose on the shirt… ijs

27. Catherine says:

I own two beautiful rottweilers and its stupid people like her that help to promote there bad image..