July 27th, 2012
Ethnic Models, Fashion News, Just Because, This Week in Tweets, Twitter
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Welcome to This Week in Tweets, a new section where we compile the best tweets from fashion’s most relevant players.

Let’s see what the fashion twitterati has been up to…

Jourdan Dunn (@MissJourdanDunn) let’s us in on what she’s doing to celebrate her birthday next week.

I’m pleased to report: Sam Fine (@SamFineBeauty) has finally found his long-lost celebrity twin.

Azealia Banks

Azealia Banks (@AzealiaBanks) waxes poetic on the vital inclusion of baby hairs on a lacefront.

P’Trique (@ThePlatformYT)is not feeling the new Yves Saint Laurent/ Saint Laurent Paris logo.

Andrej Pejic (@Andrej_Pejic) has seen an increase in coinage with regards to his bank account.

Journalist Jim Shi (@JimShi809) asks the question on every New Yorker’s mind.

Shiona Turini

Shiona Turini (@Shionat) tweets sound advice.

Edward Enninful

Edward Enninful (@Edward Enninful) contemplates an EPIC W magazine spread.

Victoria Beckham

Victoria Beckham (@victoriabeckham) is a lucky girl with all those Chanel barrettes.

Derek Blasberg

Which sport is Derek Blasberg (@DerekBlasberg) watching again?

Jasmine Tookes

And lastly, quelle suprise, Jasmine Tookes (@JasTookes) has a ridiculously beautiful mother.

What do you think of this new section?

~Jihan

34 Responses to “This Week in Tweets: Jourdan Dunn Divulges Birthday Plans, Azealia Banks on the Benefits of Baby Hairs, Shiona Turini’s Dancefloor Etiquette, and more!”

1. crys says:

Cool, but if it’s not fashion related we can get this on a gossip blog.

2. Kathleen says:

Love this post! Make this weekly!

3. Concur says:

I like it! Keep em coming

4. Brandon says:

I dont visit this site for tweets, I thought this was a fashion blog? Might as well start covering nation wide events……..Trayvon Martin? Aurora, CO shootings?

5. KayGee says:

who goes to a strip club for their bday. nonsense.

6. Jlynn719 says:

I like them… as long as they are fashion related and fun.

7. ladyluo says:

I like these fashion industry related tweets

8. jillibooboo says:

Azealia looks like the type of girl id like to be friends with

9. NellyV85 says:

I like!

10. Jihan says:

Tks for the feedback, guys, I think next time I’ll be more selective about my tweets. Some I chose because I thought they were funny and give a little look into the personalities of these fashion folk. Thought they would be a cute, but apparently not everyone agrees.

So next time, I’ll choose tweets more like Edward’s, Derek’s and Andrej’s (so the relevance to fashion is clearer to some) as opposed to Jourdan and Shiona’s (hilarious) musings.

Thanks!

xx

11. Dobe says:

I thought there used to be a similar Twitter section on this site in the past? Either way, I can do without these every week.

12. Marsha says:

I think this would be a good addition to the site. Tweets from people in the fashion industry seem appropriate to me on a fashion blog! And a little humor for variety’s sake isn’t a bad thing. On that note, I like that Azealia doesn’t take herself too seriously. If I ever end up in a lacefront (unlikely!), I’ll make sure I have some baby hairs. LOL

13. lolodoll11 says:

I must admit, I scrolled through much of this post. Didn’t event read the tweets. Skimmed a few of the photos. Hmmm…maybe “this week in instagram photos” with fashionable instagram photos, but tweets “eh, I’ll pass”.

14. lolodoll11 says:

Also, think I Jihan can be a bit sarcastic in her responses. I think most get the deliberate satire in your posts (referencing previous posts) / tweets you posted; just that not everyone finds it amusing.

15. Chris styles says:

I loooove me some Azaliea Banks but she’s the last one to be giving advice on hair because hers always looks a mess, IMO.

16. nae says:

I think its dope.. alot of them were fashion related I heart the fashionbombdaily. I am always checking for new post..keep it fresh

17. Caribbelle says:

OMG I live for P’Trique!!!

18. V says:

@ lolodoll11 SAME HERE!! As I was scrolling all I could think of was….yea this is why there are gossip blogs/sites….NEXT. I think Instagram photos would be a better idea. I could def do without this weekly.

19. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

The irony of making sure your lace front contains baby hairs is that your real hair will eventually lack them.

20. TomTom says:

Not feeling this post. Maybe some more refinement would make it better

21. I too remember a section like this, I think Lauren was the composer of that section. I had wondered why it had been eliminated. However, I do think there were too many tweets and you should be more selective. With that said, I enjoyed the random musings of Jourdan and Shiona more than the actual ‘fashion news’.

22. Word Enthusiast says:

This doesn’t seem like a bad concept, but it was just too many tweets. A good mixture of news and random things will suffice. Just condense it a bit.

23. binks says:

I agree with lolodoll11 with the this week in “instagram photos” post concerning fashion the tweets for the most part was boring

24. Tae says:

I swear these comments irritate me!! These people are sooo bitter smh its so sad. It’s their site!! They can post whatever the hell they like, I think I’m going to limit my time on this site

25. Briana says:

God y is everyone so stuck up about this

26. Katie says:

I think the tweets need to be a bit more selective. This is a fashion blog, if it has nothing to do with fashion then don’t post it. If I want to see these random tweets, I’ll go to a gossip rag.

27. MsEvaSee says:

no more of these posts!!!!!! dont follow trends FBD, Set them!!

28. tammy m. says:

Not really feeling the tweets. Maybe an instagram rundown with not usually featured stylish celebs or other fashion folks could be nice.

29. Jojo says:

I enjoyed this. And apparently, so does the poll.

30. yes says:

I like the idea but try and keep the posts only from fashion people/people that post abut fashion.

& keep it to an ‘every third day’ thing. That way its still recent and you can get a decent collection of relevant info….

31. lalatata says:

If people don’t want to see a post they don’t have click on it and they can scroll up. it’s your site post whatever you like sheesh can’t give people to much control of it and everything won’t ever be agreed upon by everyone

32. Jessica says:

Great however, I would keep it more fashion oriented.

33. IMO says:

I like the idea…but it could be better. Love the idea of using Intsagram and maybe doing an “Instagram Gallery” of “Eye Catching Oufits of the Day/Week” or maybe a “How A Rocked My…”
    …Twitter isnt the best place to find anything fashion its mostly spam, drama and lame jokes.
    InMyOpinion

34. I like the idea just fine. My only request is make it a little clearer who said what, I got a little confuzzled toward the middle about which pics went together since I didn’t recognize all the people. Other than that, thumbs up! :))))