• The kids are coming for
YSL Saint Laurent Paris over their new logo. After posting a shot of a box bearing the brand’s new logo to their Facebook page, hundreds of YSL enthusiasts commented to express strong disapproval.
One commenter said, “The new logo is ratchet…. Horrible” while another quipped, “Everybody with Microsoft Word could have ‘designed’ that logo.” Ouch. Will this tepid reception motivate Hedi Slimane to dream up a different logo, or return to the original one? What do you think of the new branding? (Vogue UK, YSL Facebook)
• Vogue Italia did a write up on the brilliance that is Andre J (who we ran into yesterday before dinner!) Read about his rise in the fashion world, and get the tea on his upcoming TV show, What’s in Your Bag?. I know I’ll be watching! (Vogue.it)
• JC Penney can thank Nina Garcia for the recent uptick in their stock value. The retailer experienced a 9.9% gain after their newly-appointed “Style Voice” tweeted from JC Penney headquarters. “I’m @jcpenney’s HQ,” tweeted she. “Thank you Ron Johnson for the walk through of JCP’s prototype. Get ready to shop! Its going to be a game changer!” Indeed! (WWD)
• French beauty brand Black|Up just opened their first international store at the Ikeja City Mall, Alausa, Lagos in Nigeria.
• Um, so in addition to shooting videos with LBC native Snoop Dogg, Karl Lagerfeld apparently dabbles in street performance art. Vogue.com contributor Alison Mosshart says she spotted the designer while dining at a Parisian café: “…he was sitting outside on a bench on the pavement almost like a statue – it was the most amazing thing,” she mused. “People kept walking by, sitting down next to him and having their photos taken and then they’d get up and walk away. He didn’t say a word.”
• The Museum at FIT is expanding their online fashion catalogue with 875 images of over 600 couture pieces. All this comes in conjunction with the imminent release of their book, Fashion Designers, A-Z: The Collection of The Museum at FIT. The museum will continue to grow in upcoming months, adding 50 items to its collection each month starting in September. (NYT)
• T.I. is conducting a male model search for his clothing line, AKOO. Fellas, if you’re interested, submit relevant photos of yourself to the AKOO Facebook page. Fans of AKOO will have the chance to vote on a winner from Friday, July 27th ’til Friday, August 3rd. (SOHH)
10 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Fans Dislike New Saint Laurent Paris Logo, Nina Garcia Causes JC Penney Stock to Soar, and Could You Be the Next Face of AKOO Clothing?”
Leave a Reply
Popular Posts This Week
blog advertising is good for you