July 26th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Fashion, Hot or Hmm, Rachel Roy
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Is there a time when Rachel Roy is not on the scene? The designer attended the premiere for Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis‘s The Campaign in an ultra sexy jumpsuit from Roland Mouret‘s Spring 2011 collection, a $498 Almond Tailored blazer from her eponymous brand, and a pair of Manolo Blahnik lace pumps to finish her look.

Her Roland Mouret Spring 2011 jumpsuit has a plunging v-neck and a saucy cutout at the sides and stomach. Check it out on the runway:

Her tropical wool tailored jacket has contrasting epaulet panels on the shoulders.

Her Manolo Blahnik satin and lace pumps are from a previous season. I searched, and it looks like they’re no longer available. Here’s another look at ‘em:

Rachel is serving the kids their due cookies and juice in this look! I love how the feminine sexiness of the jumpsuit is offset by the masculine blazer. She gets a Hot! from me!

But what do you think?

~Jihan

28 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm… Rachel Roy’s The Campaign Premiere Roland Mouret Jumpsuit, Rachel Roy Almond Tailored Blazer, and Manolo Blahnik Lace Pumps”

1. Doni W. says:

I’m sorry, she’s a great designer and all…but her personal style is a mess. She’s always a “hot or hmm” post and it’s alwaysssss a “hmm”.

I just don’t get it.

2. Dobe says:

Finally! I love this look (not totally in love with the shoes, but still)! Great mix.

3. Raymond says:

Hmmm.. if a part of her outfit was a little fitting, it would work.

4. UGH says:

The heels clashing with that suit, I can’t.

5. LaTasha says:

Rachel…sweetie…how can I say this. Umm… this is not working. I don’t think this is a good look for her. Maybe a colored suit like the one Claire wore in a different post would have worked. Like someone else said, she is a great designer, but this chile needs some help with her personal style. Lawrd….

6. Indigo says:

The jumpsuit doesn’t look finished.

7. addikted2fashion says:

Maybe a different shoe wouldve completed this look more for me. However, that jumpsuit is fab & she looks good.

8. Anony says:

It baffles me how a designer manages to be a fashion fail so frequently.

And this from someone who likes her….

9. Faith says:

I love it! Can we also talk about her skin? Flawless!

HOT

11. Beyfan1 says:

looks better on the model

12. Shelly says:

I was in love with everything until I looked down to her shoes, smh. I look forward to the day when I can co-sign on the WHOLE outfit….*sigh*…

13. Natalie says:

Her style has concerned me for quite some time now. There is always one thing that just doesn’t work…..today it’s those shoes.

14. whatevs says:

no ma’am…

15. whatevs says:

and stop calling her designer…she’s a stylist standing in front of very talented designers…

16. Alison DiLaurentis says:

The fit is all wrong. Rachel is a miss 90% of a time, which makes you wonder. I do not believe she designs nor sketches her collections…She’s very beautiful face wise though.

17. Pinchez says:

I do not know how this can be a HOT look. Rachel is a gorgeous woman for sure. However, the outfit does not do it for me. The pants are too short for that width, making it look like her legs are too long for the pants. If the pants were slimmer the length could work.

Furthermore, booties could have worked better with the outfit. These shoes, OMG

18. NYC Chick says:

I love Rachel, but I have to admit she is not representing well here…

19. Nothing about this look is working. Auntie Rachel tried to snap back from that horrid jumpsuit she wore a few weeks back that was showing her pooch– though the cutouts are cute, this isn’t working. The jumpsuit is too short or should have been tapered closer to the leg. The shoes are mother of the bride-ish. I can’t.

20. metoo247 says:

i think shes a little too busty for the top. Its looks better on the flatter chested model.

21. KayGee says:

what’s this rubbish? see all her boobs outside. jacket is fab tho, but i’d rather wear it on a mini bodycon dress.

22. LOL their due cookies and juice.

23. Lala says:

Nooooooooooooooooo. Like her as a designer hate her style. She always looks off to me.

24. C.L says:

The pants part needs to be tailored more!

25. 80sbabee says:

26. hayilabc says:

LMao @Natalie “today it’s the shoes”

I hate those grandma shoes but I kinda like the concept of this outfit. The shoes were a miss and I wish the blazer length was a little shorter then I think it would work better.

27. Twerk says:

And those shoes are fugly

28. Kateeeee says:

I love this look. That jumpsuit is the business, the pants should have been longer or slim fit. But I give it a HOTTTT!!