July 25th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Ressce from Mississippi

Are you ready for some Southern Style? Take a peek at Ressce from Mississippi:

She says, “My Name is Ressce and I am from Mississippi. Yep, a country girl! I am the CEO of RockPaperHeels, an online women’s clothing boutique.”

“… I am currently in the logistic stages of starting my own consulting and styling firm.”

Fashion is my passion (so cliché), but true!”

I don’t like to define my style because; then that would be placing myself into a box and I am the type of gal that colors outside of the lines.”

” I can say this: I know what looks good and if it looks good I will wear it.”

” I would wear a Glad Trash Bag,(if the opportunity ever presented itself).”

” I would throw on a bold necklace, a belt to give it a nice silhouette, a clutch and a bad a** shoe and I am off to have a cocktail or two. Lol.

” I am an avid thrifter. 85% of my clothes came from someone elses’ closet.”

” When I do decide to go to the mall and department stores 9 times out of 10 I will walk out empty handed.”

” I don’t like the commercial look. Anyone, can put on a dress and heels. But, it takes a special someone to rock the hell out of Glad Trash Bag!!”

“You may follow me on Instagram to take a look in my imperfect world @gwen_vs_ressce and check out my boutique @rockpaperheels and www.rockpaperheels.com.”

“Disclaimer: My 9year old daughter took my pictures. Sorry if not focused!!”

Alright, lady! Cute shoe game, and I love that turquoise jumpsuit!
What do you think?

Posted In
65 comments

65 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Ressce from Mississippi”

1. whatevs says:

YAAAYYY!!!! A bombshell from my home state….I have no choice but to vote bombshell…

2. Childboo says:

Now Im feeling 90% of her style… Not those army pants paired with yellow pumps ( hated it ) and the pocket teeshirt look I wasnt feeling other than that she did well

3. missjay says:

i love her pieces individually, just not feeling how she put them together. However I must say, i’ve always hated those lady gaga invisible heels but she’s the first person that i’ve seen in them that makes them look fierce. the black outfit is the best one IMO

4. Childboo says:

* really well.

5. Choco aka Hipppie says:

Not bad – but Im left wanting more

6. makeeasweet says:

im sorry but i cant stand those shoes,it remind me of a satyr(half man-half goat) i was at a restaurant when a woman walk in with them.i overheard a of bunch young wall street guys at the bar laughing at her,calling her shoes strippers shoes.

7. makeeasweet says:

im sorry but i cant stand those invisible heel shoes,it remind me of a satyr(half man-half goat) i was at a restaurant when a woman walk in with them.i overheard a bunch of young wall street guys at the bar laughing at her,calling her shoes strippers shoes.even without the shoes i still would have still voted okay style.

8. Nina says:

The black is my favorite. I’m loving her hair, too.

9. Christie says:

I think her style is 90% boring considering she’s in the works of opening her own styling firm … Although I do like the Red blazer look and the last look with the pleated skirt, but that’s about it.

your laid back looks look way too young and forced, you can do without them and incorporate some age appropriate looks into it… all in all, this post wasnt terrible, but it makes want to see more!

you have the physique and height to be sporting tailored, sharp FIERCE cuts! Things that make the competition CRINGE with hate, what works for everyone else might not work for you… you have great potential and some work to do, your about to open a firm, you need to have nothing less than impeccable style!

i’m awaiting those ”hater” comments, I’m all about constructive criticism.. I’m in the Fashion industry already, so I have nothing to hate about… Ciao! :-*

10. evana says:

nice shoe game

I voted Bombshell alothough quite honestly I feel like the clothes are “wearing her” and not the other way around. Something about it looks forced and not effortless yet I still liked what she had on.

12. E says:

YAY!!!!

13. yusufswifee says:

ms thang definitely has a flair for style. Reminds me of myself – am often told by hubby that I am “doing too much” tried to leave the house several times in the yellow shoes and camo pants and got stopped….but I like the fact that she submitted so many pix and I see some fab pieces…

14. mamareese says:

Whhaattt!!! Give this chile her props hot style cute site!!! Get it girl…..and ugh I think we are kin. All my family is from the M-I-crooked letter……hey auntie and uncles…Jackson/Crystal Springs MS stand up!

15. yup says:

umm no. kinda looks like superheat a lil.

16. hey yall says:

Her style is ok..a lil boring maybe it’s the hair i’m not sure..i love her shoes tho..why she got them blk pants pulled up so far tho 0-O

17. Char says:

I found a few of the looks to be overly revealing; the blue shirt was too sheer to wear a regular bra alone, and a few of the shirts were unbuttoned a little deeply which ruined those looks for me.

18. Devin says:

I absolutely loved every piece that was presented. Not to mention, the fashion show was a work of art…Keep up the great work!!!

19. Brittany says:

Her style doesn’t really showcase her love for fashion. Good luck with your online boutique.

20. Ok style, some looks were good and some were bad.

21. Dom says:

Cute style. I really love the yellow skirt with the stripes.

22. TNCHIC says:

YAHHH! A SOUTHERN GIRL WITH A FLAIR! i LIKES :)

23. Soul Cry says:

I actually adore her style. It seems very fitting for her. They range but all seem quite comfortable on her, and she wears it well.

24. Honey B says:

NOPE

25. Alison DiLaurentis says:

Very basic style. Beautiful woman indeed. But not enough to have a style consulting firm. None of her outfits are special or truly stylish. She just dresses like every urban modern woman in 2012. It’s really Love & HH Atl-ish actually.

26. Luvly says:

Her shoe game is on point I have to admit… but the clothing just wasn’t there for me

27. sundea says:

I don’t like it

28. Genn from the Block! says:

Great Job! Enjoyed your pieces! Nice and Flirty…

29. Shana says:

Don’t like it.

30. Miss Meika says:

I’m loving the shoes…

31. Derrick J says:

Well, I would say this about the young lady and speaking from a male’s perspective. I liked her outfit choices. Very laid back and not over the top. Her being from Mississippi I would have thought the worse. But true enough she is stylish. I would like for my girlfriend to dress like that. Well, when I get one. Wish her much success in her career.

32. mamareese says:

I know this is all about opinion. But there have been some wretched messes on here. Homeboy from the other day with the Ombre pants and the Bill Cosby swag…Oh dude that had the angel wings and cheap looking shoes got kudos but this young lady that plays along with the fashion rules and throws in a smidge of edge gets shut down. I’m confused here…….Unlike some of the submissions she wears stuff that can actually fit in an everyday world…not just with a glow stick, some moon shoes and glitter make up….just saying what’s really up…..

33. Bay2thaATL says:

It’s not so much her clothes but her personality/swagger/style shines through. Go Mississippi!

34. Sharon Rose says:

Mean shoe game I must admit…her style is nice.

35. she’s a BAD MAMA JAMMA …love it

36. Oh says:

Yawnnnn..

37. LaToyaCwood says:

I happen to know this lady and the town from whence she came. Considering the styles and trends we were raised around (Wal-mart was our nearest “mall”), her style is impeccable. I love how she pairs common wear with flair. Each of her outfits pictured speaks for itself and displays versatility. I see a mother, a business woman, a model, a rockstar, basically a woman with many hats. She may not be where you are or where she needs to be just yet but I see her going places. #RockPaperHeels# Look out for it!!!!

38. Izhause says:

Her and her daughter are lovely and I like her style.

39. 80sbabee says:

I can not believe the nerve of some these commenters. Yesterday there was some plus sized women with ill fitting clothes that were squeezing the hell out of her boobs wearing some very boring pieces with some very tired shoes…..but yet here you have women who has a child that looks very well put together with nice clean look and gets a bunch if yawns….really?

40. Lani says:

She has great style. She leaves little to be desired but there’s something a tad bit off. I vote B+

41. C says:

Hmm.. I always feel inclined to zip it and move on to the next blog post when children are involved, but today she. me. her. speaks out.. Lani, that “tad bit
    off” you’re referring to is called Country. She’s a country girl (her words not mine) with some flare. Some. It’s still country, and I’m not hating girls and gals.. But I’m also not giving it a B+. Maybe an E for effort. Or maybe a C for country.

42. Cookie says:

Something about the green and yellow pointy toe pumps look cheap. Please burn them! Something is off with the fit of some things too. The striped skirt and pale pink dress seem a little big on her. Not bad though, collectively.

43. LawyerChic says:

She has way more hits, so I could easily overlook the misses. The red blazer and sequin pants looks like a fun selection for a laid back holiday party. I can see myself wearing the pleated skirt to work or church. Very cute! The color of the sheer maxi against her skin looks beautiful! I agree let the green pointed heel go girl! You are too cute for those!

44. marguerite says:

i agree with Lani 100%.

45. Can'tStandThisBitch!!! says:

I was about to comment on the pictures, but i cant rite now. Im reading the comments and this one BITCH!!! Hatin ass BRITTANY, i swear ive been noticing this for the longest while now. Your ass is always on here being extremly negative toward the women who are trying their thing. And If you do try to write something nice, if people read it correctly, there’s always some underlined negativity along with it or a little dig somewhere. PEOPLE IF YOUR A FAITHFUL READER LIKE I AM, I SWEAR YOU CAN JUST GO THROUGH THE BOMBSHELLS AND SEE WHAT I’M TALKIN ABOUT. This bitch doesn’t comment on any post that’s very very good, because she finds it hard to give another woman a nice compliment. But as there’s a bombshell post thats not so good and need a little work, her hatin ass is there to kick them while their down. Why would u write something so negative?? ” Good luck with your boutique” That’s some foul shit. You dont like the pictures fine, but talkin shit about the woman’s business….low class!!!The pictures arent horrible, its her style and what she likes to wear, get a life..your very bitter and if someone can sense that from a computer, your need to look into yourself.

46. Truth Teller says:

PRETTY LADY O.K STYLES. . . . LOVE THE RED BLAZER LOOK AND THE ALL BLACK ENSEMBLE

47. hayilabc says:

Something about how she puts her looks together isn’t to my liking. Some hits/misses. My fav look is with the black romper.

48. Natasha says:

Since I’m definitely not into shoes, I can’t fully appreciate this submission. However, I did like what she did with the super simple pumps in unusual colors (yellow but especially green).

49. Tink says:

No style! Basic Wet Seal, Forever 21 trends. Next!

50. Kee says:

Yay! Glad to see Mississippi being represented!