July 24th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• MTV’s storied House of Style is coming back! The network will revive the sorely missed show in a “digital-first” format, meaning each episode will launch online before hitting airwaves. In honor of this glorious reissue, MTV has released some old school clips from House of Style, for those nostalgic for ’90s fashion fare.

The network will kick off this relaunch with a documentary on the show come August 7th. In the meantime, please enjoy this vintage House of Style clip of Pat Smear shopping at the mall with The Spice Girls. (MTV Style)

Kate Moss is the face of Rag & Bone‘s latest campaign. (Fabsugar)

• Now that J.Lo‘s reclaimed her 2001-era degree of relevance in the greater entertainment community, she’s clearly much to popular to continue her judging gig at American Idol. But weep not, my children– butterfly queen Mariah Carey is set to take her place for the show’s 12th season. God is good. (Just Jared)

• The Kardashian-Jenner overexposure continues with little Kendall Jenner, who has snagged a gig as the face of Beverly Center’s Fashion’s Night Out campaign. (WWD)

• Here’s the campaign video for Alexander Wang‘s Fall 2012 women’s offerings. (Alexander Wang YouTube)

• … And here’s Kenzo‘s very trippy Pre-Fall 2012 video. (Kenzo YouTube)

~Jihan

8 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: MTV’s House of Style is Coming Back, Mariah Carey is Your New American Idol Judge, and Kenzo’s Pre-Fall 2012 Fashion Film”

1. manny says:

Sooo happy about Mariah! I love her!

2. TheAntifash says:

OMG I used to love House of Style!! Now I have a reason to watch MTV again!

3. Marsha D says:

Finally! A REAL singer to judje idol! J-lo…poof be gone……

4. Marsha D says:

*judge*

5. kory conover says:

I almost wet my pants when I read House of Style is coming back. But didn’t it come back just a few years ago and it didn’t work?

6. kory conover says:

I almost wet my pants when I read House of Style was coming back. But didn’t it come back a few years ago and it didn’t work out.

7. Dee says:

When I heard house of style was returning, I smiled. As for Mimi, haven’t watched idol since Fan Fan won or was it Taylor Hicks? Either way, she will be the reason for me to consider watching again.