July 24th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Robyn from Detroit

We’re continuing the Bombshell blitz with Robyn from Detroit, Michigan:

She says, “Recently moved to Chicago at the beginning of Summer, but my style is D-Girl Fresh :).

“I’m a curvy girl so I like to wear anything that looks cute, not too revealing, sexy, with a touch of swag.”

” I mix and match pieces a lot. Rarely do I wear “outfits” or things that are intentionally supposed to go together.”

“If I had to choose a brand I like best, it would be BCBG. I shop there the most. Everything there is classic and can be work time after time in different ways. I love it!”

“.. I also shop at Forever 21 (regular and Plus sizes), H&M, or wherever I see something that stands out to me.”

Alright! You better work it, curvy girl. My favorite might be your all white look. You’re giving me ideas on what to wear to an all white party I have coming up.
What do you think of Robyn?

Posted In
84 comments

84 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Robyn from Detroit”

1. Mae J says:

Gorgeous looks, Robyn!! That purple jumpsuit is everything! You betta rep the D, girl!!!

2. Cute girl, although I am not sure about her BCBG comment. BCBG doesn’t go up to a size 18. But I truly appreciate her confidence. She could work on buying clothes that fit. There are multiple plus size retailers that can accommodate her size and style. Overall she’s cute, but a bit delusional about her size.

3. Arkicia says:

I love a curvy bombshell. My favs are three first and the last. KILLING IT 4 CURVY GALS

4. Tisha Green says:

The blue dress with the nude pumps are fab! This girl has great style!

5. Brittany says:

It depends on the clothing. A lot of straight sizes can work for plus size women. You just have to try it on and see how it fits. I’m considered a 16-18, but I can buy plenty of things from H&M in a large or medium and it fits great.

6. sundea says:

She is so pretty! Her outfits are cute

7. ethel says:

I think Robyn is very pretty and I see the concept that she was going for. One thing that stops her from being a bombshell imo is fit.

8. PriinceCharmming says:

i love it!!!! she is sickening!

9. naira says:

i love her white skirt outfit…

10. mnrodgers says:

do it momma! bombshell!

11. Taj says:

I think she looks cute.

12. love says:

Like all the outfits except the purple one but Imo the fit of that black skirt is too tight but I really like that outfit. Her style is pretty and wearable very cute.

13. beautiful says:

Beautiful! All white look is my fave as well.

14. Mrs Windy City blog says:

Welcome to the Chi Robyn! I see ya!

15. Style4Curves says:

Very pretty love the hair as well as the fit and style of majority of her looks!! Yassss Robin!

16. NicoleS says:

No. No. & No. Pretty girl. Clothes are way too tight! Not flattering at all. O yea, and we clearly know what her fav necklace looks like. I will say that that black skirt is Love! But that brown belt…not so much. Cute girl, No bombshell. Im going to need for people to submit some quality photos too!

17. jeda says:

I like her style, and I think that the fit is fine. And I did give a little side eye at BCBG because I feel like their clothes run small. But the thing about curvy girls is that a lot of the times, we are in between sizes and there are bits and pieces from very different size brackets that fit us, so i think shes the bomb!
    Blessings

18. Cute. She looks like she could be the daughter of one of my mom’s friends.

19. Jessica says:

I think she looks adorable and although her looks are not super exciting, they are realistically wearable. Her confidence is beaming.

20. Indigo says:

A cutie pie.

21. hehe says:

Cute girl but her looks are not my taste.Some of the outfits imo aren’t flattering(the first and last one) and the others although not bad they aren’t bombshell worthy.

22. Miss D. says:

Would love to know if she has a fashion blog of her own..if so please let us know……really loving the style

23. uh huh says:

cute face but plain style. Picture quality doesn’t help.

24. Lani says:

Robyn is a pretty woman but all the clothing is ill-fitting and unflattering.

25. Chox says:

Love it all Except the all white. The belly should not peek out from under your shirt unless it’s flat.

26. 1Shopaholic says:

I love that she wears clothes that compliment her curvy figure!

27. Joy shana says:

Love her blue dress most, she look gorgeous

28. Lola says:

Some of these comments are so outrageous it makes me want to laugh. Her clothes are tight!? Her clothes fits her fine and shows off her lovely curves. She mixes pieces that would not normally go together and makes them fashionable (e.g the jean vest and white lacy skirt) and makes it work stylishly for her body type. That is what makes her a bombshell! Everyone else who thinks otherwise can kick rocks with open toes shoes on.
    P.S:That purple jumpsuit is Gorg! I need to know where she got it from.

29. e says:

@ thefashionistachic who said she was a sz 18…she actually looks like a 14/16…im a 16 and i have quite a few BCBG items in my closet…how u go throw shade then throw a compliment

30. hey yall says:

She’s very pretty and I love here style..bombshell! for rearl…Rep for the D girl..

31. Diva says:

curvy = over weight ?

32. V says:

love love love the faded sleeveless jean top and white skirt. shes a bombshell for sure!

33. Keisha says:

I love all the outfits. Great job girlie!!!

34. nigerianBOOM says:

“Diva” don’t throw shade of this beautiful girls sunshine.

She looks adorable, stylish yet simple. I love how she looks everyday, now that’s a bombshell.

35. Pinky says:

some of you are so ignorant. curvy refers to womanly curves, which she has..so what point are you making Diva?

anyhow, she looks great and i think they all fit well except maybe the white crop top.

overall nice looks. bombshell

36. Porsche says:

U look great girl… do your thing!

37. tif says:

very pretty girl, maybe she should look into plus size modelling? i agree with fit being an issue.

38. YF says:

Love her!

39. Ash says:

Robyn worked it out rep’d for curvy girls LOVE!!

40. Cookie says:

While I agree she is a very pretty girl and yes she is curvy, she does not dress her body as well as she could. Love that you take risks that most women your size wouldn’t. Love that you are confident! The white outfit though! It’s just too tight. Please don’t think that it’s because of your size! Plenty of women make that mistake, see Kim K and Emily B! I actually like ur style I just think the fit could be a little better!

41. LawyerChic says:

The world will never agree what qualifies as “plus size” or “curvy” its all so subjective. Its the whole reason why a body like Kim K’s or this young lady’s can both be described as curvy.

Anywho on to the fashions! You look KILLER in the blue dress. The folding around the lower knee/thigh area of the white jeans tells me a size up wouldn’t hurt a bit, and the lace skirt/denim vest combo just gave me an outfit idea. Thank ya kindly!

42. Tcee says:

BCBG OR BGBC?.

43. Mixx says:

love it! maybe somethings wrong with me but I really didnt see fit as an issue…of course there’s a double standard with curvy/plus size women who aren’t afraid to show skin but I thought she looked great. Didn’t love the purple outfit though.

44. Aarion Quinn says:

I absolutely love her style, definitely a fashion bombshell, such an inspiration!!! Her attitude is great, work!!!!!

45. Robyn "The Fashion Bombshell" says:

Hey,

Thanks all for comments, they are much appreciated. I LOVE the skin I’m in, which is key! I wear what I LIKE, not what others think I look good in. Follow me on instagram (RockyRobyn) or Twitter: rocky_robyn. Enjoy!

~xoxo
    Robyn

46. NellyV85 says:

Definition of bra/brä/

1. An undergarment worn by women to support the breasts.

It seems like most of the plus size fb are praised when it comes to their style/fit/overall appearance, but when it’s a fit/in shape/non-plus sized fb it’s a different story.

Pretty girl, waaaay to tight clothes, not inspiring.

Examples of inspiring: Atlantic-Pacific, Song of Style, and Style Pantry

48. NellyV85 says:

Even though I think she needs a bra, I still voted bombshell. She is a pretty lady :-)

49. dyshaun says:

Personal style win. Great looks!

50. Robyn "The Fashion Bomb" says:

Hey,

Thanks for the comments, good and bad, I appreciate them all! I wear clothes that I am confident and comfortable in! If I wore clothes that other people thought I should wear, I’d second guess every time. Yes, I wear a lot of clothes from BCBG, mainly tops and dresses that run S, M, L. I also wear clothes from Forever 21 (regular and Plus), H&M, or wherever I see clothes that I like on me, I don’t discriminate. Regardless of the brand or place my clothes from, the most important thing is, I feel good in the clothes I wear. Enjoy.

xoxo