July 23rd, 2012
Angela Simmons, Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
By Faith

Happy Monday!

This weekend was a busy one with the 2012 Teen Choice Awards going down in Los Angeles and the amfAR Benefit “Together To End AIDS” happening in Washington, D.C.

Let’s dive into this weekend’s looks!

Zoe Saldana was on hand at the 2012 Teen Choice Awards as a presenter. She paired a $960 Jonathan Saunders Benedict Cropped Printed Silk Gazar Top with a $1,585 Belle Printed Silk Gazar Skirt also from the brand. She finished her look with satin sandals from Christian Louboutin. Hot!

Kat Graham also opted for prints in a matching Chimera Jacket and Shorts by Wish. I’ve had issues with Kat’s style choices of late, but she looked fab here.

Tia Mowry chose a long-sleeve yellow lace dress from Chagoury Couture and nude satin platform pumps. Not feeling her shoe choice, but I definitely like the dress. Tia looked great!

You know Tia and Tamera go everywhere together, thus the latter was also on hand at the awards. She glowed in a black and white printed dress and pink suede platform pumps. Gorgeous no?

Meagan Good gave the pink carpet a splash of the exotic in a python print get-up. I think the pants could have been tailored better to have a looser fit, due to Meagan’s curves. I do like this though! What I will say is that her hair, makeup, and body were totally on point.

A pop of color was the move for Selena Gomez who paired a hot pink flare dress from DSquared2′s Resort 2013 collection with ankle-strap sandals from Hervé Léger. Work Selena!

Last, but not least was Jordin Sparks who went for embellishment in a sequin halter dress with a taffeta bubble skirt from Chagoury Couture’s Fall 2012 collection. Hmm…it seems that bubble skirts are having a moment on the red carpet and though Zoe did it right, Jordin’s look missed the mark for me here.

Over in Washington D.C., Eve was on hand at the amfAR Benefit “Together To End Aids”. She looked delightful in a long-sleeve button-front maxi dress and gold accessories.

Tyson Beckford was also there in his usual blazer/v-neck tee combination. He makes denim look good doesn’t he?

Angela Simmons looked Summer-perfect at Mara Hoffman’s 2013 Miami Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim Show. Naturally, she wore a style from the brand and chose a $213 Vent Back Shortie Jumper and cobalt platform peep-toe pumps. Very cute.

Tracee Ellis Ross went for all-black at the 14th Annual DesignCare Event in Malibu. I’m loving her one-shoulder draped dress!

Across the pond in Los Angeles, Melanie B was the lady in red in a one-shoulder Romona Keveza lace dress and $775 Christian Louboutin Pigalle Glitter Pumps in gold. Hot!

Continuing her rocker chic looks, Nicole Scherzinger uplifted a simple leather jacket, graphic tee, and denim with a pair of $295 Rebecca Taylor Isa Sneakers. It seems that every designer is trying this wedge sneaker trend!

Eva Longoria went neutral at the Lay’s “Do Us A Flavor” Contest Launch in NYC. She paired some hot Brian Atwood sandals (no surprise there) with a $388 Kymerah Madison Jacket and matching $184 Sophie Shorts. Work Eva!

To finish off the week was my girl Fan Bingbing who looked every bit the bombshell at Louis Vuitton’s Fashion Night in Shanghai.

Who had your favorite looks this week?
~Faith

29 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm… 2012 Teen Choice Awards, amfAR Benefit “Together To End AIDS”, Angela Simmons, and More!”

1. Sherida LIas says:

Alot of ‘HOT’ looks in this one, im very impressed!

2. Stephanie says:

Claire, darling, PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAASE do a “Get The Look for Less” on Eve’s dress.
    I am totally in love with it.

3. Mariah says:

Everyone looks soooo good! WOW

4. Great looks all around! Angela and Kat are my favs!

5. Taj says:

I see a lot of hotness in this post…. Tracee looks beautiful as does Tia and Tamera. I love Kat’s look, Zoe and Eva look gorgeous as well, and I am really digging Eve, Mel B, and Angela’s looks.

6. Izhause says:

Tyson needs to start dressing more age appropriate.Hes dresses like a
    Overly sexualized young 20 something year old. I hate that look on aging men! He always shows his chest like he’s so irresistible show some class for once!

7. Liz says:

I need Eve’s dress in my life like right now!

8. Dobe says:

Well damn! Almost everyone looks absolutely fantastic! Loving the first five looks (Tia & Tamera killed it!), and I def need more deets on Eve’s dress (or similar looks).

Can’t get enough of Mara Hoffman’s prints/designs!

9. Dion says:

Everyone looks great!!! Wow! Eva is WHITE hot! Tia and Tamera are adorbs! Selena looks fab! Eve looks so soft and elegant I mean this was an all around fashion bomb! Nice!

10. Dom says:

Folks showed up and showed OUT this weekend I see! I love Meagan and Eva’s looks best. Mel B looks hot too!

11. Likkle Miss says:

I’m sorry, I know everyone loves Tracee, as do I, but her make-up is always off. It makes her look older and I think her dress is boring and unflattering.

Zoe can do no wrong, I’m convinced. She looks amazing as does almost everyone else in this post.

12. Nikkibellaray says:

Whole lotta fabulous and hotness going on here. My fave was Megan she is doing it and then some.

13. SLIMB says:

Zoe looks beautiful as usual, not sure about the outfit.
    Kat looks cute.
    Tia, Tamera, Angela, & Eve look great.
    & MEAGAN GOOD – loooks freaking fab

14. Grace says:

With the exception of Jordin Sparks, everyone looks great! These looks are very inspiring. Oh Meagan and that concealer…..

15. NickieLuv621 says:

Love Eve’s outfit..that color is fab. I love Tracee Ellis but some makeup please….. Tia & Tamera looked great.

16. Marsha D says:

Zoe killed it, Tracee’s dress is hot! Megan chips away at my soul a little each and every time I see that God awful concealer….And yes Claire deets on Eve’s dress…I’m a maxi girl but for some reason Eve looks like somebody’s mama. Luv the dress nonetheless.

17. Tisha says:

Where can I find that playsuit Angela Simmons wearing

18. C.Dubs says:

Am i the only one that saw the hot pink panties thru Meagan’s pants? Or did i just imagine that?

LOL

19. Bree says:

details on Eve PLEASE

20. Eve, Mel B. and the twinsies (Tia and Tamera) looked hot! I only wish that Jordin would’ve worn something a bit more flattering for her newly svelte body because that dress does nothing for it.

21. Kahalia says:

How could anyone think Megan’s make-up was on point. Claire, I thank you for the post you did awhile back on that racoon look; when your make-up is applied wrong and you can tell around the eyes. She has that mask look. So unfortunate for such a pretty lady.
    Lots of good looks this weekend.

22. KayGee says:

Angela’s jumpsuit!!! It’s not just cute, it’s sexy too! :D

23. baby-b says:

@Kahalia thank you girl, for pointing out that meghan good’s makeup is horrendous! I think she got got the whole “lightening under the eyes” totally wrong. Blend girl!
    That Kat Graham is stunning.

24. Ladycon Soule' says:

CLAIRE CLAIRE CLAIRE!! ALL I CAN SAY IS EVE’s DRESS!! Please please find this :)

25. Tiffany W says:

Tracee looks very ‘aged’. Eve’s dress is fab. Those concealered-on eyebrows on Maegan are giving me YouTube tutorial gone wrong vibes.

26. Brenda says:

I’m joining the chorus about Eve’s dress, need info on it and looks for less….HOT!, HOT!, HOT!!!!

27. yasss i met Tyson this weekend in DC at an Amfar event for Khiels, looks good as hell in person, a bit cocky though, didn’t look too many people in the eye.

28. iQgraphics says:

eve and tracee look sickening! ugh! love it!
    eva’s shoes are to die for

29. Dobe says:

@C.Dubs – YES! I thought I saw pink panties, but I said to myself “Nah, it can’t be…” I really thought my mind was playing tricks on me, lol.