July 19th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Rita Ora, Brandy, Aisha Tyler, and More!
By Faith

Happy Thursday! This week flew by didn’t it?

There were a slew of star-studded events that happened this week from the last days of Comic-Con in San Diego to Fela!’s return to Broadway. You’ll notice a change-up in celebrities this week which is a bit refreshing.

Let’s dive in!

Rita Ora was spotted in Atlanta continuing promotion for her album. She rocked Jordans (no surprise there) with a $47 Trapstar Irongate Camo Snapback (no surprise there either), with a colorful jersey, and a camo print pencil skirt. I love the skirt and the jersey might be cool, but this still gets a hmm…too much going on, though I know that’s the look Rita is always going for. Until next time…

Head-to-toe Alexander Wang was the move for Brandy at the WGCI-FM Coca-Cola Lounge in Chicago. Check out those abs!

Let’s take a trip to San Diego shall we? Aisha Tyler shined on the red carpet at Entertainment Weekly’s 6th Annual Comic-Con Celebration. From her sheer blouse with studded shoulders to her sequin mini, this look gets a thumbs-up from me.

Boris Kodjoe was also out and about at Comic-Con and he looked fine as usual in a casual ensemble.

Actress Maggie Q kept it neutral in a fringe neckline dress. I would have liked a pair of sexy suede sandals here, but it’s pretty difficult for Maggie to ever look bad with a face like that!

Vanessa Williams continues to defy the laws of aging and like Maggie, she also kept it neutral at the Press Conference for her new show 666 Park Avenue at Comic-Con in a black jumpsuit and black strappy open-toe wedges.

Rounding out Comic-Con coverage was Jenna Ushkowitz who looked super cute and on-trend in a $136 Blaque Label Two Tone Tulip Dress and $398 Jerome C. Rousseau Hanzo Zip Back Sandals.

Monyetta Shaw and Keshia Knight Pulliam were on hand at Ne-Yo’s Bowling Fundraiser in Atlanta. They’re both gorgeous right? Keshia’s $125 Haute Hippie Freedom Tee is a bit pricey, but definitely cute!

At the Metal Works Photography Sculptures by Andrew Levitas Exhibition, Jennifer Hudson wore a long-sleeve button-front romper with tights and $452 Alexander Wang Andi Booties. This look would be great for Winter, but it doesn’t make any sense for this season. I’m also unsure as to why Jennifer’s bra is exposed…

Ice-T and Coco were spotted in London at Radio 1 Studios. I’m kind of loving Coco’s look including her satin pumps and $179 Joe’s Jean The High Water Exotic Orchid Jeans.

Alexandra Burke was also in London at Disney’s Let It Shine Television Premiere at the Mayfair Hotel.

Will.i.am was his usual quirky self at the Q&A Session at Summeranza at Kempton Park in Surrey, England. His Christian Louboutin Intern Loafers are definitely hot!

Rounding out my England recap was Nicole Scherzinger who looked rocker chic in Giuseppe Zanotti for Balmain booties at auditions for X-Factor in Liverpool.

Like Vanessa Williams, Beverly Johnson is also defying the laws of aging and she shut the red carpet down at the Supermodels: Then And Now New York Premiere. I bow in reverence.

At Fela!’s return to Broadway, Leila Lopes showed us just why she’s Miss Universe in a long-sleeve gold mini dress and strappy platorm sandals. Hot!

Last, but not least was Zoe Kravitz who opted for all-black with a pop of color in the form of a coral beaded necklace.

Who had your favorite looks this week?

28 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Rita Ora, Brandy, Aisha Tyler, and More!”

1. Bre Bre says:

Jennifer Hudson … *le sigh* … why hasn’t her stylist been fired yet?

Or is there a lack of stylist?!

Vanessa Williams looked flawless… Ne-Yo fiance’ looked basic or maybe I just hate the fact that shes perfectly fine with being engaged to a gay man. Zoe Kravitz was cute too. I love the fact that she has an effortless swag. Never looks like shes trying unlike Rita!

2. meekaG says:

-If Rita O skirt were bermudas or shorts maybe it could have worked
    -Vanessa W needs to ditch the shoes
    -Jennifer H hair looks rat-tastic
    - Keshia K-P and Leila L are A+ cuties

3. LaTasha says:

**heavy sigh** Oh Rita Ora…I can’t…so I’ll move on down the soul train line…

Boris is fine so whatever he wears I’m cool with.

Vanessa Williams…boy I hope I look as good as she does when I’m her age someday.

Werk Ms. Bev!! Beverly Johnson is werking it. I need to know what tea her and Vanessa are drinking to look so good.

Ms. Leila Lopes is stunning!! Her skin is just flawless. And last but not least. Before I start, please forgive me for the shade. Is it me or is CoCo looking mightly old? I hope, for her sake, her and Ice-T are around the same age.

4. HavilandClarke says:

Jen Hudson always looks like she needs a hose down. Sorry to sound cruel but I almost feel like she dressed better with the weight ON. She has too much money and potential to dress so poorly for events. Also Aisha Tyler should probably never be featured on any style blog as she gets a big yawn per usual for her looks.

5. Brenda says:

I love Coco’s pink Chanel bag.

6. jess says:

Didn’t I hear that JHud was starting a fashion line for QVC? How can she dress others when she can’t dress herself???

7. reesha says:

Somebody please help Jennifer Hudson, and Rita Ora she’s not carrying the Gwen Stefani thing off at all. Brandy looks fabulous, I never thought I would be able to say Co Co looked nice. Rudy is too cute and Zoe would have be fab with a different shoe.

8. soon2Bmrs says:

JHud needs a new stylist. Asap.

9. chanel says:

Love Rita; don’t like the outfit. Nicole is such a fly chick. Will i am, incredible producer, but always looks awful. Jen no comment lol

10. A-Danielle says:

Jennifer looks like she got robbed out back and is trying to maintain her composure for the cameras

11. Jelani says:

Can we find Rita’s skirt though ? It’d be HOT with . . . almost anything else , lol .

12. Brandon says:

What the hell are we gonna do with the foolery named Rita Ora? I have yet to hear any of her music and her visual presentation does not spark my interest to do so.

13. Savage says:

Its more hot mess than anything going on.

14. Izhause says:

Brandy,Leila,and Aisha all look great!

15. Dom says:

I’m giving it to Jenna. No idea who she is, but I like the colors and those sandals. Very summer chic.

I also just love Ms. Universe! She’s so freaking gorgeous!

16. Keesh says:

I agree with a lot of the above comments:
    1) Rita Ora’s skirt is hot, but that’s the only nice thing I can say about that ensemble.
    2) Oh Jennifer, please consult one of the many black hair forums out here and get with one of these chinese vendors for your hair. It is unforgivable! Why are her bangs sticking up like that? And black tights in the summer? No please.
    3) I never look to Coco for style cues, but I am digging her jeans.
    4) Love Keyshia- she always looks effortless and chic.

17. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Rita looking like a young J-lo here…right? Boris, woooaaa…mmm…scrumptious. Nicole got that MJ Bad era thing going on…who else…this is more like Zoe not that other outfit she was wearing on the other post a couple of days ago.

18. mamareese says:

Get it B Rock showing offer them abs like mad aint we!!! Oh Jennifer oh Jenny……That woulda been a cute outift with them tights. Anybody starting to think she does this mess on purpose to stay in the media…..I saying she’ll have something random going on EVERYTIME…but any press is good press they say.

19. Mely B says:

Leila – gorg
    Aisha – gorg
    Zoe – luv the outfit but a little lip gloss would’ve made her face pop.
    Vanessa – a red lip or some color on her lips would’ve made her look pop.

Brandy – face & hair are gorg, that outfit is NOT.
    Rita – BOO!!!
    JHud – luv ya but if you walk past me, I’m snatching that ratchet wig off of your head & burning it.

20. My Response says:

I like rita’s skirt though

21. Brittany says:

Coco actually looks great for a change!

22. Nikkibellaray says:

Rita is so different, she is growing on me because she owns her weird.

23. taffie says:

Coco looks great,

24. Beautyvixen94 says:

CAN ANYONE TELL ME PLEASE WHERE RITA GOT HER SKIRT OR WHERE I CAN GET ONE VERY SIMILAR???!!!

25. M1zzdlady says:

JHUD smh

26. Jessica says:

Alexandra Burke, Will I am, and Brandy are the only looks I’m really feeling. Rita Ora looks horrible somebody get her a stylist ASAP!

27. SPA says:

I like Rita Ora’s skirt. And I think Coco looks great! very …dare I say it … classy!

28. xi zane says:

why are we still looking at Rita? if you gotta try that hard, then clearly you don’t got it.