July 18th, 2012
Beyonce, Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• H.M. King Beyincé- Deréon has blessed her faithful stans with the release of yet another fragrance, this one called ‘Midnight Heat.’

Above is the flaw-free ad, which, admittedly, looks the same as all the other ‘Heat’ campaigns. (The Fashion Fiend)

• Style.com is only just finding out that rappers like to wear Givenchy. (Stylefile)

• For Lanvin‘s Fall 2012 campaign, Alber Elbaz tapped average Joes and Janes from ages 18 to 80 to pose with the brand’s luxury wares. Elbaz told WWD“I was interested to bring these clothes back to the street somehow, and seeing how they look on different ages, different sizes. It felt like a crazy family, and I like that.” (WWD)

photo: The Fashion Law

• Here’s what the new Saint Laurent Paris branding probably looks like. The logo was spotted on the scaffolding outside the soon-to-open SoHo store. What do you think? (The Fashion Law)

Jason Wu is set to release Miss Wu, a lower-priced junior’s line created in collaboration with Nordstrom. Wu describes the new 40-piece line as an expression of himself: “Miss Wu is my personality. It was really fun to explore that facet of who I am – slightly more downtown, and with a more relaxed attitude.” The collection is set to launch in January, with prices ranging from $195-$795. For now, Wu will only offer ready-to-wear pieces, but accessories options will be available by 2014. (Racked, Vogue UK)

~Jihan

9 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Peep Beyoncé’s ‘Midnight Heat’ Campaign, Jason Wu to Launch Miss Wu Junior’s Line, and Lanvin’s Fall 2012 Ads Feature Regular People”

1. Maree says:

I don’t like the new ysl logo, there was no need to change it in the first place.

2. Bay2thaATL says:

Love the Lanvin ad idea!

3. Really can’t deal with another Beyonce fragrance–that ad looks cheap and cheesy. Still mad at ol’ girl for the bright idea of changing the iconic YSL logo. I like the Lavin idea, I’d like to see how the other photo’s turned out seeing how I would have thought this girl was a model if I hadn’t read the text.

4. LaTasha says:

Hmmm…no..not feeling the new YSL logo. Beyonce’s ad I’m not sure if I like that either.

Beyonce’s ad looks like an ad in many Avon books (no hate…I love Avon)

6. TheAntifash says:

Oh Jihan lol!

Skip right on over motha B and that dreadful Givenchy shirt…

I like the Lanvin idea. Alber is one clever fella.

That YSL logo is a bad idea. I’m shocked they would mess off what Yves Henri Donat Mathieu-Saint-Laurent worked hard to build, and to add to that the new creative director looks mad scary. Yikes!

7. reesha says:

i dread walking through the fragrance dept. in Macy’s for fear of being offered a sample of of any fragrance from B, Ri-Ri, justin Beiber or any other celeb. i like my parfum (LOL) to be timeless and classic.

8. Jennifer says:

NO, Saint Laurent.

9. Dee says:

The new creative director for YSL or SLP, is making a large mistake.