July 16th, 2012
Beyonce, Fashion, Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• These days, it’s hard to trust Rihanna‘s sartorial judgement, but that’s not stopping British brand River Island from teaming up with the singer on a capsule collection. Said our friend Ms. Fenty in a statement: “I’ve been wanting to design my own collection for some time. River Island is the perfect partner for me to collaborate with and working with a British, family run business also really appealed to me. I find London really inspiring and River Island loves to have fun with clothes. I’m looking forward to working with them and creating something really special.” River Island’s stuff is actually really cute! I have faith their design team will guide our Robyn into creating something we all want to wear! (Fashionista)

• It’s confirmed: Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Georgia May Jagger, and Lily Cole will take a turn down the runway during the closing ceremonies at the London Olympics. The models will wear looks from Briatin’s most celebrated designers like Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen and Vivienne Westwood. Can’t wait to see these chicks turn it out! (Grazia)

• The love affair between First Lady Michelle Obama, and her majesty, King Bey of the House of Yaki continues. Back in April, Ms. Knowles penned a letter to Ms. Obama, praising her general awesomeness. Now, the Obama-Biden reelection campaign has recorded the ‘Get Me Bodied’ singer reading the letter, as a sign of support for President Obama’s second term. (Celebrity-Gossip)

• The Olsen Twins designed these $275 sneakers for Elizabeth and James‘s Resort 2013 footwear collection. To me, they look like something your unstylish country aunt would wear to look “chic” on a trip to Europe. What do you think of them? (Refinery 29)

• Louis Vuitton will offer a bespoke handbag service, just in case 1,000-$3,000 wasn’t enough for one of the brand’s covetable bags. Starting July 30th, you can head over to the brand’s Haute Maroquinerie salon over at their New Bond Street location in London to design your bag. The sketch will then be sent to Paris to be made over the course of six months to a year. Quite a long wait, no? Would you wait that long for a custom Louis bag? (Vogue UK)

~Jihan

18 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Rihanna to Design for River Island, Beyoncé Proclaims Her Love for Michelle Obama on Camera, and Louis Vuitton to Offer Bespoke Handbags”

1. Mads says:

Jihan – you kill me. House of Yaki! The country aunt! Love it ALL. I hope FBD isn’t the only place you write.

2. Caribbelle says:

lol house of yaki…
    I love River Island, so I’m interested to see what they’ll cook up, also those Elizabeth and James kicks are disappointing considering their heels are usually very cute

3. makeeasweet says:

call her all the names you want,house of yaki is doing big things,cant hate.those olsen twins sneakers look horrible.i would definitely get a custom made LV bag,the wait would kill me though.

4. dyshaun says:

Yep, yep River Island. That should be fun. On trend, looks like the high end stuff but not exact dupes, really appreciate them!

5. MsEvaSee says:

ummmm yea right . ” guide Robyn” more like do the whole thing for her and then just slap her celebrity name on it so they can sell out. IJS

6. Bay2thaA says:

“King Bey of the House of Yaki” …………… AMAZEBALLS!

7. Kay says:

only reason why i shop Asos is River island!!

8. Kimiko says:

Jihan, your writing style is very similar to Kid Fury’s..

9. Christie says:

Task tsk , Jihan you gotta remember .. This isn’t a gossip site, no name calling should be coming from the writer’s end … If anything you should leave that to the readers lol ….

10. mona says:

Jihan, I think you’re doing great. Some people don’t know the difference between having a personality & hating..anywho don’t change and thing and keep doing you cause nobody does it better.

Hi Claire I love my FBD family

11. Kahalia says:

ok, i died at house of Yaki too! LoL

12. kory conover says:

Can’t wait to see Naomi and Kate turn it out. Also, those are the ugliest sneakers I’ve ever seen in my life. And I would love my own custom designed Vuitton “murse”. If only I had an extra $1,000-$3,000 just lying around.

13. Tawanda says:

Loves me some River Island!

14. Str says:

Rolls eyes
    Mto style writing with the “house of yaki” comment. Don’t lower the standards of this site jihan.

Any who rihanna will fit well with river island , the type of chicks i see who like her usually shop at river.

15. Apple says:

@Mona I totally agree. Jihan I enjoy your posts. Keep up the good work.

16. Yoli says:

Remember those tennis shoes called kangaroos that were like $40. That is what MnA’s shoes look like.

17. whatevs says:

there’s a fine line in being funny and being insulting…I don’t think Jihan and her ilk know the difference…but then again that’s the kind of ratchet comedy “our people” like degrading and insulting…especially towards women…

18. MMQflw3ot says: