July 12th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
By Faith

Thursday has arrived which means that the weekend is just around the corner. I am definitely ready for it!

The 2012 ESPY Awards took place last night in Los Angeles with a smattering of celebrities including some of our favorite supermodels, rappers, and athletes of course. There were also some stars seen while out and about, though most kept it pretty casual and low-key.

Check out some of this week’s hottest looks:

Let’s start out with some ESPY Awards coverage shall we? Chanel Iman dazzled on the red carpet and looked every bit the supermodel in a long white gown that showed off her enviable figure and $3,895 Christian Louboutin Super Vic Strass Pumps. Hot!

Matt Kemp looked positively delectable in a three-piece suit.

Nas went for the opposite shade in all black. He definitely brought some sex appeal to the red carpet and represented for the men!

With her gorgeous sons in tow, Holly Robinson Peete shimmered in gold. Such a beautiful family and is it just me, or does she have the best skin ever?

Continuing the neutral color trend on the red carpet, Swizz Beatz stuck to the classic color palette of black and white, but gave some life to his look with interesting kicks. I usually love Swizz’s style, but what is up with that harness/holster contraption? Hmm…

Victor Cruz looked great in an expertly-tailored suit layered over a printed shirt. This might just be Burberry, but I’m not certain. Either way, I like it!

Basketball Wives star Malaysia Pargo went for a black textured gown. I like her hair and makeup, but the dress is a bit busy for me.

Last (and unfortunately least) was Miguel who like Victor rocked a suit, but paired it with a graphic tee, white socks, and loafers. White socks and loafers? Naturally, this brings to mind MJ’s “Billie Jean” video, but let’s face it: it’s 2012. I’m also still on the fence about this hairstyle: Miguel is hot and talented and I think he needs to go back to the style drawing board.

Off the red carpet in LA, Kimye was spotted and Kanye even rocked a bit of color, hurray! Kim kept it neutral in a $40 Zara Seamed Top With Frills, leather pants, and those super popular $1,195 Christian Louboutin Pigalle Spikes Pumps. Everyone in Hollywood owns these shoes and I can’t blame them because they’re hot! No, this isn’t a showstopping look, but it’s simple and chic. I’d wear it.

Finally some color! Freida Pinto was spotted at a screening of her new film Trishna in West Hollywood in a coral mock turtleneck dress from Raoul’s Pre-Fall 2012 collection and $1,045 Roger Vivier Limelight Pumps. Very cute. Hopefully I can get to the theater this weekend and check out this flick.

At a screening of Trishna in NYC, Leila Lopes shut the red carpet down in a green gown with pleat detailing and thigh-high slits from Sachin + Babi’s Fall 2012 collection. Work Leila!

Bloggers Tamu McPherson and Hanneli Mustaparta looked lovely in Valentino Spring 2012 while on their way to the brand’s Fall 2012 Couture Show in Paris.

Jamie Foxx grabbed a bite to eat at Maecato Di Vetro Restaurant in West Hollywood. He kept it casual, but high-fashion in a red and blue damier print button-down shirt from Louis Vuitton’s Spring 2012 Collection. Yes, I do believe that he’s looking a little scruffy for his next movie role, but nevertheless, I love me some Jamie Foxx!

In Las Vegas, Jordin Sparks showed some support for her boyfriend, Jason Derulo, at his performance at Pure Nightclub. She wore a two-tone cobalt and black zip-front dress with $675 Jimmy Choo Lance Sandals.

Will.i.am was spotted in LAX Airport in a $650 Vivienne Westwood Man Jacket with an Attached Vest, a Christopher Kane Galaxy T-Shirt, and Christian Louboutin Rollerboat Spike Flat Sneakers. Could he have been catching a flight to outer space? Just kidding!

When was the last time you saw a trucker hat? Well Nicole Scherzinger wore one at Bootsy Bellows Nightclub in West Hollywood with a Wildfox Couture Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Tee.

Across the pond in London, Ne-Yo also kept it casual while on his way to party at The Rose Club.

Last, but not least was Young Jeezy who paired zebra print shorts with Air Yeezy 2 sneakers, and a $46 Trapstar Irongate Snapback while performing at the Radio One Festival in Miami.

Who had your favorite looks this week?
~Faith
Images: WENN/PacificCoastNews.com/Getty

27 Responses to “This Week in Chic: The 2012 ESPY Awards in Los Angeles, Kim Kardashian, Freida Pinto, and more!”

1. hey yall says:

lol @Chanel Iman she look like she’s holding in a fart…

2. Mely B says:

Holly & her children, Chanel Iman & Matt Kemp FTW!
    Victor Cruz – strong contender
    Frieda – color, yes! However that dress is hanging like a potato sack on her.
    Leila Lopes – beautiful gown, shoes & makeup BUT her hair is disturbing me :(
    Finally – as I scrolled past the pics, I saw the dark-haired lady with the trucker hat on and thought “Yes, Ciara got that blonde mess out & went brunette!” Imagine my surprise to discover that the lady in question is not Ciara but Nicole S.

3. jme says:

“Leather in the summer, silk in the winter”-Andre 3000

Leather pants in the summer will never make any sense to me. I don’t care how much cool AC you have blowing in your car. Lol. It has been so hot in l.a. (especially the Calabasas area where the Kardashians live)….. Its time for them to change it up!

4. LawyerChic says:

Matt Kemp…….*sigh*

5. Pari says:

Yeah, Chanel Iman looks SO uncomfortable. Matt Kemp looks delicious though!
    I hate Freida’s shoes…. they look like something my grandmother would wear to church.

6. mi manning says:

who is Matt Kemp?! I know… my future baby daddy!!!

7. mary says:

OH IM IN LOVE WITH THOSE VALENTINO DRESSES

8. Dom says:

Yeah, those Valentinos are hot. I think Matt K takes it for me this week.

Chanel is wearing the wrong shoes with that dress. And how is that with that body, Jordan still manages to bore me with her clothes?

9. Sharon says:

YES!!! @Pari. Chanel looks like she so want to be somewhere else!!!

10. Niksocool says:

Kim has been eating, sleeping, and living in those leather pants ever since she and Kanye became an item

11. Kay says:

Matt Kemp should really consider modeling…
    I love the way Swizz is dressed now but every pic he looks uncomfortable. Kanye SMH oh Kanye what happened to you.

12. aries says:

i used to think Nas was so sexy, i didn’t like his outfit. now Matt Kemp looks delicious. Chanel look pretty, that was just a bad pic. i love anything Valentino.

13. Marsha D says:

How did Will.i.am get on a plane with all them fangdangle thangs???

14. Lauren says:

Matt Kemp is too fine! I’m overwhelmed.

15. Vick says:

Chanel: yes!
    Swiss: grown men shouldn’t wear backpack on the red carpet
    Malaysia: that dress makes me sad :(
    Bloggers: look quite fierce, don’t let me catch y’all in alley or on a back street slipping lol….
    Jazzy: mmmhhhmmm :)

16. Indigo says:

I like how Holly Robinson Pete has her children dress… They look very stylish.No fresh,duck lip, attention whores on that team. I love to see children being children.They are beautiful.

17. krystel says:

hmmm yummy matt ans nas!!!

18. Caribbelle says:

Love Tamu in her dress, the cut is perfect. Matt Kemp is so handsome in that suit. Leila Lopes looks stunning. I’m tired and entirely underwhelmed by this Kimye thing, a separate post on just the spiked pigalles and all the celebs that really rock it well would have been a cool read.

19. Ninjo says:

NAS all day

20. PrettyPetite says:

Matt Kemp is a cutie but Nas ismy luuuuvvvv! Chanel’s dress is too short.

21. Marthe says:

Leila Lopez and Victor Cruz are looking fabulous!

22. BigA says:

Nas wtf!!!!he’s not looking good like he use. He needs to get in gym!!!

23. Creestee says:

JAIME FOXX… u sexy cholo you… i dont know what it is about the scruff mcgruff look, pero I like it (shrugs)

24. lisa lisa says:

MIguel looks HOT. I love this 90s new wave look. Urban bloggers are always oh so late with fashion, but love the safe trends you see introduced all year long. You will be jocking it 3 years from now. Does anyone research runway reports before spewing out uninformed opinions?? NOPE. lol

25. Certainly, this year has brought many new perfumes for women, each with it’s own gorgeous blend of feminine scents.

26. fake rayban says:

When I try running it, it gets freezed on the title screen.Many targets become disabled for life.They’re not announcing the real date just yet,” the insider told E.When she asks her father about whether she has to have the operation, he explodes and attempts to kill her in front of the entire community, as she is a bad child for defying her father will, and children are the property of their parents.Francoska Gvajana.If they pay for advertisement and then get a favorable review, readers might think they bought you.If you have a website you would like to share with the requestor, you must ask them to pass you a note if they are interested.

27. You may recall my previous entry, where NewWifey(tm) and I were about leave for the beautiful mountains of Central Connecticut to participate in a motorcycle race.