July 12th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Taviana from Detroit

Take a gander at today’s Bombshell, Taviana from Detroit, Michigan:

She says, “I’ve been going back and forth with submitting my photos, because I was nervous about it.

” I’m a student at Wayne State University studying Fashion Design and Merchandising.”

” I’m working towards be coming a personal stylist, my look is very unique, simple, sexy but fun and affordable.”

” [Simplicity] is sometimes bliss.”

“… to see some of my other looks you can me follow on twitter @tayglamourgirl….kisses ;)”

You have quite the Louis Vuitton bag collection! Love that pink shirt, and think most of your looks are adorable (though the long pant outfit would’ve been more flattering with a different shoe).
What do you think?

Posted In
129 comments

129 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Taviana from Detroit”

1. Honey B says:

She is a pretty girl (love those toned arms!), but her looks are unfortunate.

2. Hits and misses. Cute overall. The printed skirt and coral top is my favorite look.

3. Jen says:

Yeah cute girl, but I don’t see the unique look she speaks of. Its very common as a matter of fact and plain.

…That arm… o_O

5. Jasmine says:

These looks are dreadful. The shoes look cheap on film and an expensice handbag an outfit does not make. I don’t see anything unique and nothing that would make me remotely consider hiring her. No shade, but please don’t quit your day job. You have a great figure, perhaps you could look into something fitness related, perhaps even fitness modeling.

6. Dom says:

Gorgeous girl. Not feeling the looks though.

7. Melissafff says:

Cute and wearable

8. Ms.Missy says:

What I can say is whats bomb is her body in the coral/orange tank n skirt…..and bright color look really good on her! shes a cute girl…oh, I kinda like the jean shorts and blazer look.

9. Roxie says:

Very basic style not the worst I’ve seen on FBD. Jasmine before going in on someone make sure to proof read. Thats all!

10. leathercandy says:

Her face is beautiful and her body is on point..BUT some of the outfits scream cheap(just because its cheap dosent mean it has to look that way)…I do like the forever 21 skirt I have the same one and the way she styled that particular outfit that allowed her killer shape to shine. The candy striped top outfit was cute as well

11. Bre Bre says:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

12. Soul Cry says:

Great body, love the orange outfit.

13. Danielle says:

The denim blazer and shorts duo look is SUPER cute! The other looks aren’t as polished. But nice try!

14. manny says:

Cute girl…outfits are a no for me

15. ElleBelle says:

Not the worst, not the best. The short looks were basic, everyday girl in the neighborhood. The pants were too baggy down by the shoes. Tailoring would have solved that. I won’t say she needs to give up on her dream (cause that’s horrible) but she needs to develop her eye and play out of her comfort zone [i.e. (Overly) Sexy].

16. Camilla says:

I only liked one of her looks – the bodycon skirt with the tank top, and let’s be honest everyone wears/has worn this look – it’s a cute choice but very basic…nothing “fashion bomb” about it, nothing groundbreaking or unique about it.
    The outfit I disliked the most was the one with the jeans and that pink shirt (that shirt was awful and ill-fitting).

I found that a lot of her clothes/shoes looked cheap…. there is nothing wrong with shopping at department stores/forever 21/h&m (hell even rainbow -_-) but there is a way to do it and wear it without it reflecting in your style….basically, you can wear “cheap” clothes without looking “cheap”.
    Sidenote: I find it hard to believe that she has this many real Louis Vuitton bags with her clothes and shoes looking that cheap…

17. Lani says:

Hmmm.

18. Uknow says:

Designer bags do not a Fashionista make. That said @Camilla, LV are on the more affordable side of the luxury spectrum, so my guess is they’re real…but maybe she spent all her coins on those and saved on clothes.

19. taffie says:

The arm thing, i cant. Nice body.

20. Nikki says:

The hand…in every photo though. Anyway, cute but basic looks.

21. Indigo says:

The printed skirt and coral top is my favorite look too!
    I want that skirt!.

22. Lola Waters says:

Forever 21ish

23. mocha says:

the way some of you guys talk about other peoples style of dress, you would think you were anna wintour herself, sheesh. I would love to see some of yall’s fashions, i really would.

24. Tash Myhall says:

“yawns” Her looks are basic, nothing special here. I dont see where her style is unique, but i do see SIMPLE!

25. 2cents says:

F21 you guys are being too generous. Looks more like Target.

26. Kapri_h says:

Tough crowd. Cute girl!

27. Anon says:

Cute girl but nothing inspiring. That pink contraption of a shirt has to go!

28. sundea says:

Lol @ 2cent yeah she is a fail

29. CAG says:

I gave her bombshell status to because her style is inspiring, but because she’s in college doing her thing and making it work on a budget! If that isn’t bombshell worthy I don’t know what is..plus u people can be so damn brutal! Give the poor child a break..lol

go girl!!!

30. mary says:

she looks like a little boy. and her outfits are bad, more study needed . NEXT

31. John Lattamore says:

Nice girl, her fashion sense is definitely not worthy. *Kanye Shrug*

32. Upper middle class says:

I’m so tired of people thinking that just because they have a name brand bag they’re some sort of fashionista. Sorry sweetie it takes effort.

33. Indigo says:

Taviana, come back when you’re 300 pounds,draped in a patched quilt with white or blue lipstick… Then you will score 10s all around the board. And if someone gives you other wise,they will be cyber jumped! lol

34. Sincere says:

I think the part that got me is not even the lackluster looks, but the audacity to speak of being a stylist with these submissions. This might work in certain parts of the country but bring this to NYC and LA and one would get a rude awakening. Do I say don’t follow your dreams, NO! But what I will say, is to be a stylist you must be innovative and have a fresh approach, know how to distinguish quality at every budget. I say buy a Vogue or Elle mag and get to studying. Good luck!

35. Lola says:

Lol @SIncere! very well said. She’s a pretty girl but she is definitely not a bombshell. There is nothing inspiring about any of her looks. And i agree with a lot of the comments that her outfits look cheap.

36. Camilla says:

I don’t think that the bigger chicks get a “pass” on here. If the big girls get a pass than the “Mommy’s” get a pass too.

Let’s be honest, when you are on the bigger side you do have less options available to you (concerning where you can shop and brands that carry your size). As well, when your a Mom you may have limited time, $$ or maybe you need clothes better suited (more comfortable and practical) for the Mommy role.

However, this doesn’t mean that you get a fashion pass – style and good taste should and will reflect through your obstacles (not having many options, being a mom etc) however, I do believe some on this site are more lenient (less harsh) when voting. BUT I do not think anyone is just giving people “bombshell” status just because they are fat. Not to mention if you put the bigger ladies who were voted “bombshell” up against the smaller ladies who were voted “bombshell” I am almost positive these ladies would not pick the bigger candidate.

That being said, when you are smaller (especially with a great figure) not to mention IN SCHOOL FOR FASHION – expectations will be higher and people will want to see this in your reflected in your pictures.

Whether this girl was 300 lbs or not, her fashion sense is lacking and her taste really isn’t that great. No style is no style.

37. Bajan Candy says:

@Sincere well written! She’s cute tho…

38. Indigo says:

@ Camilla I agree with some of what you say, but come on, some of these comments are extra nasty for no reason. The girl from yesterday looked hella cheap,(I didn’t say anything) but I didn’t see the quality of her clothes mentioned! But yesterday’s BS was all over the place and people where giving her two snaps and a circle,when she looked not so good! I don’t understand! I see this all the time! There are nice clothes for plus size women… But I see the majority of the ones trying to look “trendy” and fail,get all the praise…Trendy is not for everyone,fat or skinny..Maybe because I’m older,but I see the cattiness..

39. WendyB says:

She’s got a great body — nice toned arms and legs!

40. May2012 says:

Im from Michigan Detroit to be exact. Most girls from here (excluding myself) dress like this, it’s a lack of individualism. They all do that pose too they call it the “bad bitch hand”, and they all carry Louis V purses too. A lot of people here are more interested in the prices of things than being unique. Basic style. Not a Bombshell.

41. Amani says:

I’m not sure how weight got into this, but I will say personally that I see many plus sized fashion bloggers, style wise, than put some of the skinny mini’s to shame, lol. I don’t think throwing on a bodycon or an expensive bag, or red bottoms equates style. More times than not, its just carbon copy fashion.

42. Ashley says:

Yikes! I knew after I saw the submission what the comments would be like. I definitely agree with some of the previous statements in that she’s in college and making it work for her. Kudos to you for sure! In the same respect, when you’re on a budget, there are affordable ways to look unique. For example, thrift stores and consignment shops offer affordable pieces that at one time were expensive and still give the expensive feel.

Pretty girl, but I wasn’t inspired by the look. It just didn’t scream unique.

43. Jazz says:

Cute girl. Still very young and trendy .She just has to refine her style a bit more . People can be so harsh. Everyone was young once, we all had to figure it out. No one just hopped out of the womb slaying. And she’s working toward (key word) becoming a stylist. Follow your dreams mama!

44. kima says:

She looks good to me. The outfit with the long beige pants was the only one I didn’t like the rest were cute.

45. kima says:

I mean long black pant beige shoes.

46. Jazz says:

Sidenote…I dont know what happened in the last year or so but for some reason the comments have gotten brutally harsh. Its one thing to not like the style, but there are better ways of expressing it. Try offering CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Its not necessary to just say mean spirited things. Sometimes I feel the people that post cruel things personally know the people who submit and do it just to bully. It takes courage to submit your looks to a website that reaches the world. We must do better as women. Just my thoughts.

47. Camilla says:

Indigo, I feel what you are saying and honestly I wasn’t just addressing you. I have seen a lot of “fat girls get a pass” comments on here.

Concerning the bombshell yesterday – I think the cheapness of the clothes was not mentioned as much because everyone was going in on all the crazy patterns.

Also, I hate to say this….but if you read through the comments…..you will notice most of the positive feedback are from her friends…..

I think 90% of the FB readers agreed that she was not a bombshell.

48. Taneica says:

Wait just a minute. Are those moccasins she’s wearing with those black pants? For real? That makes me very sad. I am in love with the pink top in the last picture, though I think different shoes wouldve done the trick. That pink top is cute though!