• It’s here! Here’s a short teaser from Rihanna‘s upcoming reality design competition, Styled to Rock.
UK readers, will you be watching? (Necole Bitchie)
• Dolce & Gabbana showed their very first couture collection over a 36-hour period from Sunday to Tuesday to a small group of private clients, Vogue editors, and reps from the Corriere della Sera, Telegraph, and Le Figaro. Word is, it was so hot over the days of the showing, that several people fainted at various times. Two atelier tailors fainted on Sunday, one editor passed out during a performance of Bellini’s Norma opera later that night, and another person got a little woozy on the beach on Monday! I like to think it was the overwhelming fabulousness of the couture collection that had people swooning! (The Cut)
• Speaking of which, The Telegraph has an account of the whole showing. (Telegraph)
• Next spring, M.A.C Cosmetics is teaming up with Archie comics for what is sure to be a fabulous capsule collaboration. M.A.C “Archie’s Girls” will offer makeup tailored to help you get the beauty looks of Betty and Veronica, the two points in Archie‘s love triangle. So far, details on the products have not been released, but we’ll keep you updated! (Fashion Etc)
• The New York Times has a look at the costumes Amy Winehouse was supposed to wear on tour last year before she died. The singer’s stylist, Naomi Parry, designed these tropical-printed halter dresses in Winehouse’s trademark retro silhouettes. They’re truly gorgeous and whimsical frocks, a stark contrast to the dark and troubled aspects of the ‘Rehab’ singer’s life. (NYT)
• To celebrate the addition of Oscar de la Renta jewelry to their catalouge, Rent The Runway is giving away a seriously sweet prize via their Facebook page. Enter to win $1,000 to spend at Rent The Runway, another $1,000 to spend on whatever Oscar de la Renta wares your heart desires, and 10 accessories from the luxury brand. Visit Rent The Runway’s Facebook page to enter!
• Thinking of trying out for the upcoming Naomi Campbell- hosted modeling competition, The Face? The supermodel described what sort of contestant she’s looking for in a press release today: “I’m looking for contestants who have the whole package – a beautiful face; healthy, toned body; unique look; interesting personality; confidence; and, above all, strong work ethic and drive,” She said. ”I’m seeking someone who possesses a global, worldly outlook, but can also be seen as a home-grown girl next door. Most importantly, I’m looking for a model with a fearless spirit who can completely transform like a chameleon, and take you on a unique journey that makes you believe that even the impossible is possible.” My my, what lofty expectations. Think you’ve got what it takes? Get more info on casting here. (Vogue UK)