July 10th, 2012
Snapshot
Snapshot: ASAP Rocky for GQ Magazine

A$AP Rocky for GQ Magazine. Read the article here. An excerpt:
Son of the God

“My real name’s Rakim—my parents named me after the god MC himself.”

Carpe Diem
“With clothes, I like mixing what different designers do until it becomes a personal expression of how I’m feeling that day. This vest is by Skingraft. It only comes out for a GQ shoot or a hot date with an actress. That’s the bourgeois look. Booj-waaah.”

Culture Club
“In Harlem, I got all my black friends. But when I go downtown, I got black, white, Asian, Indian friends. There’s no borders, no barriers.”

Great Scott
[Fashion designer] Jeremy Scott is my boy. We’ll do a shoot and then do lunch. Every time I see him, he has gifts for me. He knows I like weed, so he’ll bring edibles. I’ve also been wearing a lot of Rick Owens. It’s like hard-core jailhouse streetwear with a high-end gothic feel.”

Ladies First

“When I was a kid, I was a little horndog. First it was candy and girls. Then it was girls and bikes and scooters. Then it was girls, rap, and clothes. Now it’s girls, directing videos, my house, and fashion. And girls, girls, girls.”

Source