July 9th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
Weekend Hot! or Hmm… Rihanna, Serena Williams, Eva Marcille, and More!
By Faith

Happy Monday everyone!

It was a relatively tame weekend for celebrities. Just a few were out and about, probably still recovering from extended 4th of July festivities.

Let’s dive in shall we?

Rihanna was spotted outside of her London hotel in her favorite BOY London cap and Converse sneakers with a $70 Criminal Damage Graphic Sweatshirt boasting the phrase, “YOUTH Wasted On The Young”. This is super casual, but I’m kind of feeling it! What do you think?

This was a huge weekend for Serena Williams as she won her fifth Wimbledon title and the doubles title with her sister Venus. She shined at the Wimbledon Championships 2012 Winners Ball in London in a mustard dress with sheer sleeves (Burberry perhaps?) and $1,195 Christian Louboutin Pigalle Spikes Pumps. Hot!

At the 2012 Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, Eva Marcille showed lots of leg (in true Eva fashion) in zebra hotpants and a pair of $1,095 Christian Louboutin Short Tina 120 Fringe Pumps. Hmm… for one, a white bra under a white button down looks more messy than chic. Eva has an amazing body and I love the mix of zebra and pink, but her shorts are just too short here.

Rita Ora just can’t get enough of her The Hundreds Team Beanie can she? She wore it again at the Barclaycard Wireless Festival in London with a camouflage jumpsuit and a $46 Trapstar Sunrise 2.0 T-Shirt. Hmm…for once I would have preferred Rita in some cut-offs and Jordans with the top half of her look!

Jordin Sparks kept it simple at the ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards in Beverly Hills. She paired a $255 Erin Fetherston Waisted Sleeveless Dress with $915 Brian Atwood Neela Pumps and a Louis Vuitton Clutch. Cute! What do you think of Jordin’s ombre hair? Not sure how I feel about the red.

Sofia Vergara celebrated her 40th birthday in Campeche, Mexico. For her momentous weekend, she paired a beaded necklace with a black tank and a leopard pleated maxi skirt. 40 never looked this good!

In Santa Monica, Jada Pinkett Smith and Willow Smith got in some mother-daughter time by indulging in some retail therapy. Jada always steps out in hot shoes and she wore the same pair of $519 Alexander McQueen Hazelnut Knot Detail Sandals which Selita Ebanks can’t seem to get enough of. Willow looked hipster chic as always: not sure about the wintry mammals on her tee, but hey she’s a teen!

Jessica Alba also got in some quality family time with her daughter while at the Coral Tree Cafe in Brentwood, California. She kept it casual in a fedora, layered tops, rolled chinos, and $193 Rebecca Minkoff Bardot Sandals.

To finish off the week, the stars were out at McDonald’s 365Black Awards in New Orleans. R&B crooner, Tank, looked dapper in a colorblock sweater, white shirt, trousers, and matching sneakers. Yummy!

Last, but not least was gorgeous and super talented couple Tamia and Grant Hill. Loving her $170 Finders Keepers One More Chance Skirt and her amazing gold statement necklace. Hot!

Who had your favorite looks this week?
~Faith

41 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm… Rihanna, Serena Williams, Eva Marcille, and More!”

1. None of these folks are tooting my horn…Sarena’s dress would have looked great if it were a different color. Tamia and Grant look good.

2. Izhause says:

Eva looks just too gorgeous and sexy! Everyone looks great! Yeah Ms.Serena she looks sexy and fabulous plus and congrats on her big win!

3. love says:

I really like Rih’s outfit too. Nothing wrong with casual if you are doing something casual lol

4. La says:

weeerk serena!!! Confidence is written ALL over her face! Go Girl!!

5. Taj says:

Tamia looks beautiful and Serena looks great.

6. Twerk says:

Eva looks tacky as hell! I really can’t!

7. taffie says:

Eva failed miserably

Sofia looks amazing and Congrats to Serena on her win! Also love Tank’s style…very nice!

9. LaTasha says:

I can’t with Rita Ora. I’m not even sure why I mentioned her. I love Grant Hill and Tamia ‘s look. Her skirt and top…His suit. So cute. Serena looked nice as well.

10. meekaG says:

Rihanna – Love that 90′s, Easy E, Compton swag…
    Serena – Looks HOT!
    Eva – You look like you have panties on
    Jordin – Dress is ok hair is a no
    Tank – I love you!
    Tamia and Grant – They make an awesomely good looking couple

11. Apple says:

Tamia and Serena for the win!

12. It’s crazy that paps will be hiding behind a car to get a picture, I know Jessica had to be peeved at that. Anyway, I like her and Jada’s sandals. I’m not sure about what Eva has one, something about it just isn’t right, and the length is also part of it.

13. Brandon says:

Tamia and Serena look AMAZING!

14. dyshaun says:

Tamia!!!! She looks great. So good to see her.

15. Oh says:

I’m still waiting on the day for Jordin Sparks to ‘WOW’ me.

16. My Response says:

What is this, the hot mess post?

Eva looks horrible.

17. Savage says:

Lets put a belt on my panties and lets hit the street honey!! lol

18. amber says:

evas shorts just look like underwear, it looks heauxish

19. Eureka says:

So no one wants to say Tamia over dosed the jewelry. Love the outfit HATE all the jewelry. I wrote Eva off a year ago cant say i regret my decision she never gets it.

20. Empress says:

Serena!!!! Love Tamia’s skirt, they’re a cute couple!

21. hayilabc says:

No to everybody but Serena and Tamia.

22. Pauline says:

you have nothing to say about Willow’s hideous “hipster” boots, but you do about a wintery animal on a tshirt? lol Anywho, I can appreciate celebs on an “chill offday” via Rihanna & Jessica. Serena looks pretty. & Eva’s SHOES are cute!

23. GIA says:

L O V I N G Ri Ri’s tomboy style juxtaposing with her glam hair and accessories because its soo ME!

24. hey yall says:

EVA LOOK NASTY..TANK THE MAN IS FINE..AND EVEYBODY I DONT CARE TO COMMENT ON..

25. hey yall says:

*ELSE*

26. Grace says:

I’ll never understand this site’s obsession w/Rihanna. Are we really pretending that the featured outfit is “fashion”?! Serena, Tamia (minus the necklace), and Jessica Alba look nice. As for the rest, no comment…

27. eva looks a mess and classless is the better word to describe her look. i love her shoes tho! tamia was too cute but i just wonder was she hot? gosh

28. TheFav1 says:

Surprised Eva had on a bra…when I saw her in SOHO a few years ago she was without one :/

29. TheFav1 says:

Oh and the shirt was see through like this one

30. Audrey says:

Snaps for the REAL basketball wife!!!

31. Shelly says:

I don’t care what anyone says, lol, I LOVE Rhianna’s look. @Gia described it perfectly, and I too, at 24 and loving the laid back glam look, would rock something similar. Serena looks really nice here, and I was glad I was able to see her win both titles. Truly history in the making. Sadly, everyone else gets a yawn from me. And I’m not sure why, but Rita Ora’s style just seems so forced, smh. And Eva…I just feel sorry for her, smh.

32. Taryn Nicole says:

Rihanna’s look is a typical outfit. Nice to see her calm for once. Grant and Tamia look beautiful. Serena is so strong, it’s so hard to soften her look but I love the way she looks. It’s like “Yes b****, I won!” I also love Sofia. Now as far as Eva. Goodness gracious. The outfit is tacky, and it’s like she’s trying too hard. And the shorts don’t fit her right. They’re too short and sit too high to be low cut and too low to be high waist. They’re awkward to say the least. The top and white bra would be cute with jeans maybe. Eva overall is someone that just tries extremely too hard and it’s obvious. Or maybe it’s her stylist. Regardless, fire your stylist or hire one.

33. NYC Chick says:

Eva looks like she has on an outfit from Rainbow. Not only are the shorts screaming “I’m trying too hard” but the matchy-matchy pink accessories and white bra just look ridiculously cheap & whack.

I also think I’m tired of Eva’s hair. Her hair and makeup are aging her. Time for something new.

34. Anna says:

Jessica Alba looks way older w/o makeup.

35. CA says:

Serena Williams!! Marry me please!!.. I can cook!!

36. Mely B says:

Serena’s hair, dress & shoes plus her confident attitude are gorgeous; however I have always felt that she looks waaaay prettier on court without a stitch of makeup on. Whoever does her & Venus’ makeup for events is too heavy handed and makes them look tranny-ish. I love her though so she is a highlight for me.

Although I love Tamia & Grant’s color coordination, the fit of Tamia’s dress is off & that necklace is too damn big for her petite frame. She looks like sausage stuffed in casing (her body that is) – face is gorg as usual.

37. shantae johnson says:

i love Rihanna and Rita’s look but, EVA!? How could she? SMH

38. Indigo says:

Serena looks great!
    Eva is sooo beautiful! She is teased for not having a big butt… The way she looks in those shorts,I know she is happy with what she has.

39. Tash Myahll says:

If Eva has a stylist that should be “gun down” for putting their client in this horrible look!!!!! She looks cheap!!!!!!!!

40. vonne says:

I think Eva looks great but her shorts could have been a little longer. I agree with the comment about Serena’s make-up. She looks more attractive when she’s on court without any make-up.