July 9th, 2012
Fashion, Style Inspiration, What to Wear, Work Wardrobe
Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Work for Casual Fridays
By Cliche

Nicole writes, “Hello! I am in the process of re-vamping my work wardrobe and am having some trouble refreshing my “Casual Friday” look. I usually wear jeans and a nice shirt, but would like to wear something a little different. I do work in a semi-conservative environment, so skinny jeans may not be an option. Any help you can provide would be appreciated! Thanks!”

Not a problem, Nicole! When dressing for work, although they may say “Casual Fridays”, they often don’t want you to stray too far from your everyday wear.
First up, we have a red shirtdress that says casual chic. It’s carefree, but yet effortlessly pulled together.

If you want to completely abandon heels, a pair of black flats will never do you wrong.  Accessorize with a delicate silver necklace, and silver stud earrings.  The white structured bag not only looks great with the rest of the outfit, it is a steal at $40. Don’t forget your shades to block the morning glare, and your pink pout.

Next, I chose an electric blue peplum tee from Topshop. The classic feminine design makes this appropriate for a casual Friday look

I then paired it with white chinos. The colors work great together. Then, I included a green Michael Kors tote that blends perfectly with the rest of the ensemble. Throw on these cute red kitten heels,  a pair of Lemon Cushion Cut Studs, lipstick, and you’re set for work!

For the third option, I wanted to give you a choice of denim. This pair of jeans is straight legged, and comes in a dark wash.

I then paired it with a black and white silk blouse. To brighten up the look I added in pink and orange earrings that play off the neon peach color of the J.Crew flats.  The blue bag gives an extra jolt of pop, while the Michael Kors watch gives the look and ounce of edge. Complete the look with the round frame shades, and lipstick.

I hope you liked my choices, Nicole. Happy shopping and revamping!

~ Cliché

9 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Work for Casual Fridays”

1. live laugh love says:

The first one is so me on a casual day!

2. Kitty B. says:

Cliche your the bestest!!! you listened to my request for better priced items, thanks so much again :)

Hopefully my style inspiration will be next ^_^

3. KBS says:

I like that red dress and red kitten heels.

This should be a weekly feature because women generally do NOT know what the hell to wear on casual fridays. It’s work, not laundry day.

4. Mrs Windy city says:

Cliche I love your posts!!!! You always find hot items Im not aware of…. keep up the great work!

5. Nicole says:

Cliche, thanks so much for answering my question. You have given me some great ideas!

6. binks says:

Cute! Love all three options

7. torie jay says:

I really love that shirtdress. Great post!

8. Catelin says:

No options for the pretty YOUNG things ? No? Yes? OK. Im usually in love with Cliches picks but this time I think all the picks are rather suitable for the 35-50 age range and not nearly as versatile as usual.

9. Dom says:

Love L1 and L2! My office is casual enough to wear these any given day of the week. I like the idea of not dressing too “down” on Friday.