July 9th, 2012
Claire's Life, Fashion Bomb 101, Just Because, Swimsuits, Vacation
Claire’s Top 10 Summer Beach Essentials

As many of you know, I spent last week in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, frolicking in the sand, jumping off cliffs, and soaking up the sun. While I did my best to be prepared, of course there were a few things I left at home (that I wish I had brought–grrr!). After taking a look at my fellow vacationers and reevaluating my own arsenal of beach ready pieces, I’ve come upon 10 must haves I’d wholly recommend for any stylista embarking on an oceanside vacay:

Of course you need a (1) bikini while you post up poolside! What better way to get your tan on that with a revealing two piece? I personally like Vix bikinis because of their bust support and fun colors. For your travels to and from the pool bar, you’ll need a cute (2) cover up. I have a lovely Missoni Fringe Poncho I rock with shorts, but I also love this multicolored number by Aqua I copped at Bloomingdales.

20120707-142730.jpg
Cue me and my new signature pose. LOL.
While outside, be sure to rub on (3) sunscreen and (4) bug spray. Sunscreen to block the sun’s harmful rays, bug spray to block those bugs! The mosquitos in Jamaica had way too much fun biting up my legs!!! For added sun protection a (5) fedora is always nice, along with a cute pair of (6) sunglasses. Sure any old tote will do to cart around your books, but I’m a huge fan of snake and gold, so am now adopting this (7) Carlos Falchi bag to throw everything in. In terms of shoes, a pair of (8) flip flops is all you need. You don’t want anything fancy, no, but you can still prove stylish with a pair of Tory Burch joints. If you plan to dip in the water and still want to look cu-ute, (9) waterproof makeup is your friend. I have a Maybelline ultra proof waterproof eyeliner that I love, and shh, Mac Ruby Woo stays on tremendously well in the waves. And when it’s all done, make sure to give you skin a good clean with a (10) Clarisonic brush. Not sure why, but I *always* break out with pimples on vacation! Not Cute! Just make sure you skin and pores are super clean with a Clarisonic brush and cleanser of your choice.
Get a few of my picks here:

I’ll be going to the British Virgin Islands in a few weeks and promise to try to take more pix. Until then, what are some of your beach essentials?

10 Responses to “Claire’s Top 10 Summer Beach Essentials”

1. krystel says:

Nice Claire.

2. Savage says:

OMG after days in the sun I breakout too…not sure why. Maybe constant exposure to the sun?

3. tammy m. says:

Get it Clarie…love the lengthy island getaway. Enjoy

4. binks says:

great list

5. Nakia P says:

Werk Ms. Claire, loving your new signature pose. Printing this list ofr my trip to Punta Cana.

6. Autumn says:

My derm told me sun exposure dries skin out which leads to over production of oil which leads to clogged pores which leads to breakouts. With that said be sure to use a moisturizing SPF and a skin renewing night cream. Also skip foundation and show off your natural bronze glow, it’ll also help with the clogged pores issue. Concealer will work if you have blemishes to cover and keep skin hydrated by drinking TONS of water. Hope that helps!

7. dyshaun says:

A good thick towel, maybe an umbrella and a book or magazine! A floopy brim for me. I cant stand sun in my face lol

8. Autumn says:

@Claire and Savage, my dermatologist said sun exposure dries the skin out which leads to overproduction of oil which leads to clogged pores which leads to breakouts. To avoid breakouts, make sure you use moisturizing spf, drink TONS of water, use a skin renewing cream at night and try not to bake in the sun (skin cancer knows no boundaries). Also show off that bronze glow and go barefaced in terms of coverage, if you have blemishes dab a little concealer on them but you probaly won’t need a thick layer of foundation. If you really want coverage you could also try tinted moisturizer with SPF during the day. Laura Mercier and Smashbox make good ones, but if you’re directly in the sun you may need a higher SPF…lol I know that was unsolicited but I’m beauty product obsessed! Hope it helps!

OMG! We were in Ocho Rios @ the same. I came in from NY for my friend’s destination wedding… That would have been fun to run into you down there. I hope you enjoyed yourself.