July 6th, 2012
Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• The extremely private Azzedine Alaïa has revealed plans to open his first store since the ’90s. The designer will set up shop on Rue de Marginan, off Avenue Montaigne in a five-floor hotel particulier that will function as a store, showroom, and offices for the brand. The new store will open this spring, and I’m sure Kanye West (who is friends with Alaïa) will be stopping by along with girlfriend Kim Kardashian. (FT)

• Louis Vuitton is opening its first shoe salon at Saks in NYC. (WWD)

Xeudan Wang must have some wealthy parents! The same intern that sued Hearst for unpaid, 50-hour work weeks is now filing suit against jewelry company  Fenton Fallon for similar damages. Wang says that although her official title at the company was “press intern,” she was made to carry out duties like “purchasing materials from jewelry-supply stores and negotiating prices,” and making jewelry from “raw materials.” Um, is it just me or does making jewelry sound like fun? And anyway, isn’t that what unpaid internships are about? Doing a little bit of everything, gaining experience as you go along? I understand her qualms with Hearst, but this second suit sounds a little superfluous, no? What do you think? (NY Post)

Rihanna is having some #blackgirlproblems. In her cover story for August’s Harper’s Bazaar, the ‘Where Have You Been’ singer laments the loss of her booty: “I don’t know if there’s something going on with my body right now, but I’m eating everything in life!” she laughs. “I miss my ass. It just went away! I need a butt. I have an idea of one, but it’s not living up to its full potential right now.” Don’t worry, Riri, it’ll come back. I (sadly) lost some of mine my junior year in college, but now it’s back and more prominent than ever. We’ll pray for you, Ri! (The Cut via Harper’s Bazaar)

Remember Julia Bluhm, the 14-year-old girl who challenged Seventeen magazine to publish at least one spread  a month featuring un-pohotoshopped models? At first, they denied her request, but now the magazine has had a change of heart. For their August issue, Seventeen will not only refrain from retouching all its models, but will also feature a more diverse crop of models. Hooray! Now two other teenage girls– Carina Cruz and Emma Stydahar– are calling on Teen Vogue to join the initiative. They’ve already amassed 14,782 out of 15,000 signatures. Click here if you’d like to support.

~Jihan

24 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Azzedine Alaïa is Opening A New Store, Intern That Sued Hearst is Now Going After Fenton Fallon, and Rihanna Wants Her Booty Back”

1. Gemini says:

Rihanna losing her booty is too funny! Lol

2. Briana says:

Rihanna had a booty? O_o

3. Elle C says:

I feel you RiRi! I’m going through the same thing :-( hopefully it comes back soon…oh how I miss it. I love that necklace or bracelet by Alaia and big ups to Seventeen mag and the determined teen for forcing them to show girls in their true nature. Everyone isn’t perfect.

4. lola_uk says:

Rihanna is only saying this for attention. She made the conscious decision to lose the bit of weight that she did (and she looks good) so why is she whining as though she woke up one morning and she was magically 10lbs lighter? Its kinda like girls who pander for attention by saying “Oh, my god! my hair is so long. i hate it.” well then why don’t you just cut it off? lol

Stop sniffing coke and you won’t have to worry about “losing your ass”.
    #attentionwhorin’

6. Honey B says:

Rhi needs to do more squats and her butt will come back.

7. makeeasweet says:

am i the only one that think whining about photo shopped models is so freaking pathetic.how about teaching your daughters to have HIGH SELF ESTEEM.it never bother me so much as a teen to see skinny woman in magazine,cause i have LOVE for myself.This remind me of the issue of some gyms banning skinny people,cause it make fat people feel bad.people that agree with this crap,need to work on themselves mentally.its not normal to feel bad about yourself,cause of the way another person look.

8. Elle C says:

@makeeasweet you can teach your children to have high self esteem but there are still outside factors that will affect them in this world. The things that they see on tv and in magazines does play a part in how they will ultimately view themselves. Everyone is not built “Ford tough” no matter how hard their parents try to teach them to love themselves. It takes society as a whole to stop forcing these unrealistic images in our children’s face’s along with what their parents teach them to succeed in helping them have healthy self images of themselves. I’m sure Seventeen magazine had other motivation and motive’s(money) to stop photoshopping their models but if it’s going to help someone’s child, I say good.

9. lola_uk says:

@Elle C I agree wholeheartedly with what you said.
    Ps. I visited y our blog and I hate you! you’re gorgeous, you look just like this nigerian classmate of mine.

10. Dee says:

Love that fact that Riri will be on the cover of HB. It has been a min since there has been any color on the cover. I think Bey was the last.

11. Shelly says:

@ Elle C

Thank you for responding to the comment, (and using correct grammar) lol. I was about to respond myself, but I don’t know how nice/courteous it would have been.

12. Elle C says:

@Lola_uk Thank you! :-)
    @Shelly lol thanks!

13. makeeasweet says:

@Elle C

then how about cutting down reading magazine and watching t.v.im sorry but i believe that whining about stopping photo shop in magazine is a bunch of crap.having high self esteem and a backbone isnt about being “ford tough”.its about being capable of going through the world as your own person,no matter what society says.im not just talking about teens,but grown woman also complaining about models in magazines.Again if someone else looks make you feel bad.whether its real or just photo shopped,then you need to work on yourself mentally.its so freakin pathetic to look at a magazine and think OMG THAT MODEL IS SO SKINNY SHE MUST BE PHOTO SHOPPED THEY SHOULD HAVE A WARNING SIGN FOR THAT WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH I FEEL LIKE CRAP NOW.

14. Elle C says:

@makreasweet oh… ok

15. makeeasweet says:

@elle

i just read what i wrote.sorry i dont mean to be nasty or harsh,i just get heated on this subject.nothing personally towards you

16. makeeasweet says:

nothing personal*

17. Kay says:

@Elle C i love you blog and im going to try that Ebate cause boyyyyyy do i shop!!!

18. Elle C says:

@Kay Thank you so much!! I love Ebates because that cash back is great!

PS..its ok to comment on my site you guys because I don’t want to be rude to Claire :-)

19. My Response says:

Rihanna wants her butt back? guess she doesn’t realise she didn’t have one to begin with. chile please….lol

20. Kahalia says:

Hey RiRi looks like a class act on that cover. clapping.

21. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Rihanna might wanna consider cutting back on the stress as well. She is determined to work work work while she’s still hot, and she probably can’t keep any meat on her because of that. I don’t want the stress, but I wish I had problems keeping on weight.

22. Izhause says:

Rhi Rhi and Beyonce look gorgeous!

23. addikted2fashion says:

Im confused…When did Rihanna have an ass?

Those mags wont stick to unairbrushed models too long. The “real girl” look doesnt sell mags. Society likes things to be “pretty”. Everyone will google the images but wont buy that issue.

24. iQgraphics says:

to all who have lost your posterior, let me tell you…
    Between the ages of 27 and 33 and thru the power of something I like to refer to as “As$-most-ist ” your hips will spread.
    you will have so much a$$, you’ll be mad having to replace and throw away your fav jeans

be careful what you wish for.