July 5th, 2012
Beyonce, Celebrity Style, Christian Louboutin, Kanye West, Solange Knowles, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Kim Kardashian, Mel B, Alesha Dixon, and More!
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Hey Bombers and Bombshells!

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July! I spent mine in Hoboken with some friends, and high-tailed it to the river at dusk to see the Macy’s Fireworks. They were awesome! Anyhow, The week is almost over, so let’s see what our favorite celebs have been wearing throughout.

Teyana Taylor was spotted backstage at the R You On The List Tour at Bank United Center Miami, Florida. The Harlem socialite enjoyed performances by B.o.B and the inimitable Cee-Lo Green in a Givenchy Fall 2011 Rottweiler top, leopard snapback, and gold chains to boot. Love this Rihanna tomboy chic look on Teyana, but the harsh makeup is giving me Cats: The Musical. Teyana’s a pretty girl, the penciled-in eyebrows do nothing for her!

Though no one outright asked, apparently some of you are dying to know which dress Kim Kardashian wore when she arrived late to Stéphane Rolland‘s Couture show earlier this week. (I was too!) Anyhow, it’s a dress by (surprise!) the designer himself. Just a word to the wise– when the rich and famous attend fashion shows, they often wear pieces from the designer they’re going to see. This should make the guessing a little easier!

After the show, Kimye ran into who else but Mel B and hubby Stephen Bellafonte at a Parisian restaurant. The ex-Spice Girl was busting out of the gray bustier with gold detailing she paired with gray pants, sandals, and ivory Chanel purse.

Still on the Kimye thread, the pair was spotted leaving the Louis Vuitton aftershow in Paris yesterday. Finally! a teensy bit of color on Kim! This zigzag crop top and paperbag pants look amazing on her!

Joan Smalls stopped by Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin in a sheer black blouse, printed pants, and black band strap wedges. When has queen Joan been off the mark? I can’t recall…

Alesha Dixon hit up the  National BAME Transplant Alliance launch in London, looking super chic in a navy pants suit, white blouse, and camel patent pumps. The look is nice enough, but that bag brings it to another level. You better do that, Alesha!

Marlo Hampton visited Mastro’s Steakhouse in a sheer camel colored front-slit skirt, draped one-shoulder blouse, and Christian Louboutin Pigalle pumps. Love the look, but that free-flowing mile-long weave is bringing it down. *Sigh* Marlo, it ain’t nothing wrong with a slick bun every once in a while!

And finally, Solange Knowles and The Supreme Creole Family Band family wished us all a happy 4th of July via the DJ’s Instagram. Yes, I’m loving Solo and King Bey‘s looks, but Mama Tina effectively snatched each of their respective wigs. The lady is serving! Yaas!

And there you have it! What did you guys do for the 4th?

~Jihan

33 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Kim Kardashian, Mel B, Alesha Dixon, and More!”

1. KBS says:

I agree with everything you commentated on, cracking up @ Cats the musical and Supreme creole family brand….hilarious.

Mama Tina looks cute, even though she appears to be snarling. Any idea where she got those pants?

2. tyeshawho says:

lol @ Teyanas make up giving you ” Cats: the Musical” !! lol

3. Coco says:

Cats: the musical?!! Jihan u always start my days off just right! Lol

4. addikted2fashion says:

I never thought i would say this but…can we have the old kim back? This “im letting my man change me” kick she’s on is so blah & Im not sure why she’s still making it on this site like 4x daily.

p.s. Alesha Dixon, please place that chic bag in my closet & walk away. Thank you.

5. MiMi says:

I am DYING to know what is the bag that Alesha Dixon is holding! I love it!

6. Cat’s the muscial!? #Dead The Creole Family Band—I can’t! Jihan, you are too much, and I love it! Not feeling Mel B’s look and I can’t with Marlo’s weave.

7. SLIMB says:

Teyana’s ( rihanna ) look <– t has always been a tomboy !
    Loving Joan Smalls look.

8. Christie says:

Please, I love the new Kim , very refined and chic. Y’all ladies like to see the tackiest schist on here, please …. I didn’t like her typical styling, she finally looks like someone in the fashion industry. If you look the part, more power to you … Y’all just can’t get enough f that blazer and mini sort look with the makeup on 100 , huh ? Lol smt

9. Sleepless in South Africa says:

Oh Joan Joan Joan. The woman is perfection!

I love Mel B’s outfit although she is one light breeze away from popping out.

I actually like Kim’s second outfit, especially the pants. It is chic.

Solange looks odd in that photo, she reminds me of a 12 year old girl with a necklace she made at daycare. Jihan is right though, Mama Tina for the win!

10. Izhause says:

Alesha and Joan are so pretty they look fab!

11. manny says:

Jihan I love your commentary! Kim looks fab! Joan is always on point

12. Elle C says:

Kim needs to start wearing earrings again and let go of that awful hairstyle. I love Joan Smalls pants and Alesha Dixon’s bag. I love long hair but Got Damn Marlo….gosh…too much for me. I love Mama Tina’s pants, Solo’s necklace and Beyonce and the lady sitting next to her top

13. Pari says:

Love Kim’s pants look! HATE Solange’s braids.

14. Anna says:

@Christie: sorry, but women in the fashion industry, the top players/influencers which are Giovanna Battaglia, Emmanuelle Alt, Geraldine Saglio, Elin Kling, Christine Centenera, Miroslava Duma, Shala Monroque, Barbara Martelo, Hanneli Mustaparta, etc, none of them look like Kim. They are all effortlessly chic, not trying too hard, trend-setters. Even Victoria Beckham blows her style 1 million times.
    What they are trying to do with her style is contrived, not fitting her body, not good at all. Even Kanye himself has no style at all. European men in Paris, Milan and London know what style is…not him sorry.
    Joan Smalls looks fantastic.

15. Indigo says:

I’ve never hear of Alesha Dixon before,but she is beautiful…

16. Shelly says:

I love Teyana Taylor’s outfit, sans the eyebrows. And yes, it IS very Rihanna like. While Teyana has always been a tomboy, it was on a, dare I say, regular level: usually something with a sports or athletic logo on it. Ms. Robyn Fenty took the tomboy thing to another level, making it chic by pairing high end pieces with the right accessories. But hey, it’s fashion. People are bound to end up wearing the same thing sooner or later. Still love Teyana though, lol.

And Marlo and that 30inch weave look a mess, smh. She looks silly. If you are going to where it that long, at least make it pop (with either color or texture). It just looks so blah. Jihan, you hit the nail on the head. A slick bun would have completed her look and made it more sophisticated…which is what she “tries” to portray herself as being.

17. Aleya Bamdad says:

Loving that camel dress on Marlo Hampton. Why does Kanye look so mad?

18. Mrs windy City says:

I just HATE that slick back hair on Kim… and those paper bag pants… no way.

19. Chimee says:

I love Marlo’s look and I’m actually feeling the floor length weave..

20. hayilabc says:

i agree @mrs windy city. that second look is not fit for her body she looks dumpy and those pieces would look best on a woman w/ less of an hourglass figure. and iHATE that hair too. she looks like a wet seal when her hair is like that. i love the first look on her had her hair not ruined the total package.

teyana’s makeup is overboard, i hate exposed stitching so i’m not feeling mel b’s pants. everyone else looks cute and mama tina bothers me i don’t exactly know why.

21. baby-b says:

kim kayyyy
    you need a vacay
    so you can leave kanye
    stop tryin’ to be friends with beyonce
    and get back your personalitayyy!!
    yeesh.

22. Frieda K says:

Everybody looks fab.
    Mel B is a pretty and very youthful for her age. Tell her to stop with the botox. It may be fashionable but WE don’t really have a need for it and the funny thing it usually makes people look older than originally. I’m just saying she could do better… ;-) lmao!

23. J Danielle says:

I know Kim K loves her un bout Louboutins but I’m sick of seeing them. She wears them too much. Usually the outfits go well with them but this one doesn’t in my opinion. Anyway, I can tell these are favorite shoes.

24. KayGee says:

Kim’s pants! Dope.

25. Lena says:

Kim’s style has changed since she got with Kanye and I don’t think this new look is working for her. Alesha Dixon looks very clean, classic and chic…like!

26. Cookie says:

I don’t think the pants are right for Kim’s body type. She has been dressing all wrong for her body! I have also been hating her slicked back hair. That hair style looks best on taller slimmer women with long necks.

27. Marthe says:

Hate the dress but love the second look on Kim. Mama Tina looks good. I agree that Solange looks like a child, maybe it’s just the pose, because the clothes look good. Joan and Alesha are fab!

28. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

I don’t think Kim K’s new look is entirely Kanye. I think she wants to seem more serious, more A-list and less “reality refuse”. I don’t know about that hair though. And Kanye’s look bores me, GQ had a spread on Italian fashion (for men, ovbs) and it was more colorful, texture-mixing, and impeccable tailoring. Kanye just looks like he puts on whatever the guy at Givenchy tells him to put on. They’re both boring me.

29. MonaLisa_310 says:

Oh the severe hatred I feel towards the slick back with no earrings look Kim. Yes you always look fab but this is such a transition. Please, you can wear all the solid black, white, and/or taupe you want but if you insist on the slick back look can we at least get a low pony tail or a bun??? lawd.

30. S says:

@MIMI alesha is holding the Louis Vuitton Madison avenue bag.

31. Jenn says:

Everyone look fabulous, I’m just tired of seeing Kim K on every site. Can these sites report on anyone else besides Kim K.

32. Autumn says:

Joan’s look is giving me LIFE!!!

33. NYC Chick says:

Alesha and Joan look great. I completely agree with Anna’s comments on Kim!

I actually kind of like the slicked back hair, I just don’t think her make up and accessories don’t complement it. She needs a red lip and/or lower neck lines to make her neck look longer and more elegant