July 3rd, 2012
Concert, Fashion, Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Men’s Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a Frank Ocean Concert
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Brent writes, I was wondering if you could do a what to wear for guys for an upcoming Frank Ocean concert I’m going to. I know it’s a small venue and I think it’s all standing room, but I just want a dope, comfortable, casual look. Something nice though because I got a contact to actually meet him after.”

Hey, Brent! I have a few suggestions for you.

This first look says summer ease for the man going for a grown up appeal. The white T by Alexander Wang shirt is fresh and lightweight enough to keep you cool. Bunch the sleeves up to your elbows for an extra dash of style.

The cuffed chino shorts can be purchased at Topman for a $50 steal. If you would like to give your sneakers a rest for the day, slip on these FRYE boat shoes that work in perfect harmony with the shorts. Finish the look with an Adidas wristwatch, aviator shades, and YSL cologne. (*Note, I’m including shades because I know some men like to wear it during the evening as a bonus accessory.)

Next up, is a camo print button up shirt from Acne. The print is typically a hit among men, and this particular style is great interpretation.

To help accentuate the shirt, I coupled it with a pair of tan cotton shorts from J.Crew. Then, if you’re the man that likes to splurge on expensive footwear, you might want to try these white Balenciagas. Keep track of time with this black G-shock watch that looks perfect when paired with the Spy Helm sunglasses. Finally, spritz yourself with Gucci Guilty and you’re set.

If you’re not too keen on showing your legs, I decided to include this look that features a pair of cargo pants.

Mint is huge this season, so if you’re not afraid of color I suggest this J.Crew polo. For your feet, add a pair Comme des Garçons converses. Complete the outfit with some Jean Paul Gaultier cologne, Adidas Originals watch, and sunglasses.

How’d this work for you, Brent? I am a huge fan of the handsome Frank Ocean (his falsetto? WHEW!), so have a ball!

~Cliché

22 Responses to “Men’s Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a Frank Ocean Concert”

1. TheFav1 says:

I brought the YSL cologne for my bf for Vday (had it engaged w/ his name) it smells so good! Nice ‘fit picks Cliche!

2. BrenT says:

Thanks so much Cliche! all the looks are perfect, i def am working on the second one though, that acne shirt must be mine

3. Q says:

lol i happen to be going to that same show in NYC July 26th!

4. Dee says:

I’m wondering why they have a man’s posting of what to wear to a Frank Ocean concert? Hmmmm

5. MiDe says:

Love these!!!

6. Oh says:

@Dee AND he’s “meeting” him afterward.. Sus.

7. Kelcee says:

LOVE this! Can you please do the same for women? I have been racking my brain for outfit ideas and I’m going to his DC concert on July 23. HELP!

8. Sheena says:

@Dee I caught that too lmao

9. yes says:

good post.

10. Paige says:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a female version! I too am going to attend the concert here in Dallas! It would be greatly appreciated :)

11. 11 Reasons says:

I’m so sad that his concerts sold out in both of the cities I was planning to go to…

I like choice 1 and 2 best!

Also, I don’t understand that snide comments about a man going to a Frank Ocean concert…

12. Danielle says:

Yah why can’t a man going to a frank ocean concert?!? I love the first look.

13. ok says:

nice post claire and have fun brent. i was looking to go to the concert too but waited too long to get tickets and now they’re sold out :(

smh @ some of these snide comments about a guy going to a frank ocean concert as if there’s something wrong with that?

14. ok says:

and i like the third look the best but with the ance shirt instead, lol.

15. Accent says:

Why Frank Ocean?! U guys are so funny!

16. Dash says:

I love the pieces you put together but I fell a simple white relaxed Collard shirt, camo shorts, vans and maybe a supreme camo campers hat would’ve looked nice

17. Izhause says:

I love frank Ocean! Nice gear!

18. Nice looks. I really like the first one!

19. Brandon says:

I will be re-creating that first look

20. Miss Understood says:

Hey Claire! Can you do a post for women as well? I’m also attending a Frank Ocean concert in July.

21. Sydni says:

Great post Cliche! Nice to know that you can do menswear well as well! And that Acne top is hot! Really hot.. like im getting turned on..
    Anyway though, @Dee @Oh, why cant this man get fashion tips just like women do on this site everyday? I could have sworn Ive seen posts on this site of women wondering what to wear a Beyonce concert, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, the list goes on… Double Standards.

On a brighter note, BRAVO to Frank Ocean for recently coming out of the closet. Such an inspiration as well as a pioneer in the Hip-Hop and R&B community. Such a sad thing to see that former fans of his are now turning on him because of his sexuality.. but these were the same fans who were raving over Novacane and other songs. Whatever.

22. Keisha says:

I am so mad that his concerts are all sold out, whysssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!