July 1st, 2012
Celebrity Style, On the Scene
On the Scene: Debra Lee’s 2012 Pre-BET Awards Celebration
By Faith

The 2012 BET Awards are underway, but before Jihan gives you the recap in the Weekend Hot! or Hmm… we need to talk about the fashions at Debra Lee’s 2012 Pre-BET Awards Celebration. There were almost too many celebrities to name and everyone got dressed, though you’ll have to be the judge on whether or not they worked it!

Let’s get into the looks:

LaLa Anthony went for all black in a sheer sequin long-sleeve top and wide-leg pants, which could have also been a jumpsuit. Hot! Her makeup was flawless.

Selita Ebanks looked every bit the model in a white draped halter gown with her new detail of choice: a thigh-high slit. I love it!

Like bff LaLa, Ciara also opted for all-black in a strapless Willow dress with zipper detailing and a plunging neckline and the always classic Christian Louboutin Pigalle Pumps. CiCi is back at it, work!

Heads turned when Rocsi Diaz walked in with her new boo Eddie Murphy! She looked hot in a keyhole halter dress and $695 Jimmy Choo Lance Wavy Strap Sandals.

Estelle went bright in all-blue at the event. She chose an asymmetric gown with sheer detailing, rounded out with a feather clutch. There’s too much going on here in my opinion…

A two-tone pleated maxi was the look of the night for Michelle Williams. She looked absolutely beautiful, though she plays it too safe in my opinion: she has the body for sexier looks and she should go for them every once in awhile!

Diggy Simmons might have been the youngest person in attendance. His style is usually on point, but not sure what is going on here…I liked the striped blazer, but it didn’t pair well with the bow tie and black shirt.

It was all about sexiness and romance for Wendy Raquel Robinson who wore a high-neck long-sleeve sheer lace dress. Hot! It would have all been immaculate had she done something different with her hair.

Blue was a popular color for the night and Melanie Fiona also opted for it in a long sleeve cobalt dress with a plunging v neckline, gold strappy sandals, and a black and gold snakeskin clutch. The shoes and clutch are off here, but I am loving this color on Melanie!

Tatyana Ali looked ravishing in an orange off-the-shoulder peplum dress, blue pumps, and a to-die-for statement necklace. Work Tatyana!

Fitness guru Jeanette Jenkins looked super cute in a strapless coral pleated dress and $469 Giuseppe Zanotti Platform Peep-toe Pumps.

Actress Erica Hubbard was the lady in red in a strapless sweetheart gown. I definitely want to see some red carpet moments from her because she looked fab here.

Tamia is back! She shut it down in a strapless cobalt dress with a plunging neckline and accessorized with an oversized jewel clutch and strappy gold sandals. As you can see, strapless was the silhouette for the night. Hot!

Crooner Luke James dressed down a suit with a printed tee and a knit beanie. Luke, you should have left the hat at home!

Tichina Arnold tapped into a Grecian/military-inspired moment in a long leather band jacket, an olive draped dress with a leather bodice, and strappy green sandals. Hmm…she’s too beautiful for this. The jacket wasn’t even necessary!

You know I love me some Leon and he was in attendance in a grey suit. Scrumptious!

Shaun Robinson chose a strapless printed dress and t-strap sandals. I love her hair and earrings, but I’m not super impressed with the rest. What do you think?

The lady of the night, Debra Lee, looked great in a long-sleeve floral lace dress and what seem to be $250 Vince Camuto VC Signature Prunella Taupe Pumps. Hot!

Who had your favorite looks of the night?

28 Responses to “On the Scene: Debra Lee’s 2012 Pre-BET Awards Celebration”

1. Utibe A. says:

LaLa, Tamia, and Tatyana Ali were my favorite looks.

Some of the peeps failed miserably, while others really didn’t stand out.

I personally think Michelle Williams is under-dressed. She looks like she is going to the mall, or lunch with the gals or something.

I do agree that she has the body for sexier looks, but not everyone likes to dress “sexy.” She is relatively conservative, however, I’m sure there are ways to add a little jazz to her outfits. ♥

2. Nobody is knocking my socks off, but there are few cute looks. Tatiana, Jeanette, and Tamia look cute and wore great colors. Pam, I mean Tachina needs to cut it out. Doing too many things for all the wrong reasons!

3. Danielle says:

Wendy smh. Too old to be wearing see thru IMHO.

4. Michei says:

Is Eddie wearing blue shoes?? SMH

5. Can says:

Tichia Arnold and that front boob/clevage…no maam. Out of them all I like Tamia the best. She was well put together with the right accessories to cap off that dress.

6. LALA, SELITA and MICHELLE WILLIAMS all look flawless.

I actually love Tichina’s outfit, but don’t think the shoes compliment it.

7. LaTasha says:

LaLa has been wearing the pants suits lately. I have to say I like it. I also loved Selita Ebanks dress(and shoes) as well as Michelle Williams 2-toned Maxi Dress. Michelle is very petite and the maxi dress fit her perfectly.

8. dyshaun says:

Selita and Ciara.

9. ChasB says:

Everyone looked good except Estelle and Tichina

10. Fab. says:

Tamia..!!

11. Marsha D says:

Off the fashion subject…I wish Rocsi would go away…another one trying too hard to stay relevant….your little VJ bid is over- harsh i know but I don’t give a hoot.

12. Pari says:

Lala looked beautiful! Her and Tamia are my faves.

13. Mskroberts says:

Lala – Yes!! She looked fab!
    Selita – like her look minus the lipstick
    Ciara – sexy look, but please pull the dress up! It irks me to see those types of dresses worn all the way down there!

Eddie and Rocsi – Eddie kinda suave – Rocsi – yes, please go away
    Michelle – cute, I think this look works for her
    Diggy- such a handsome young man. didn’t really like the white on the collar, but at least he had sense enough to get dressed!!
    Wendy – HOTTT!!!!
    Melanie – Simple and nice
    Tatyana – Finally! I always root for her. To me, most times she looks a little homely, but she nailed it this time!! Yay
    Erica – Prom afterwards?
    Tamia – A+!! That’s how you wear a halter dress!
    Leon looks very nice
    Debra, age appropriate, sexy, chic

14. Dom says:

Tamia, Selita, and Cici slayed. All three look i-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-e!

15. where are Ciara’s friends?

16. Joanne_ says:

i love kenny lattimore’s face in that pic! i love melanie fiona’s look! oh and HEY EDDIE! lol

17. Brandon says:

Tamia looks absolutely AMAZING! Wowwwwwww. Her Oscar De La Renta gown and McQueen accessories for the actual ceremony were on point as well. Hopefully we got a post on that.

18. Elle C says:

Debra Lee looks amazing. Jeanette Jenkins looks a lot better in this dress than she did in the fitted dress she had on while walking the carpet. Everyone else looks like something I’ve seen them in before.

19. SLIMB says:

Lala looks absolutely great.
    Selita, Ciara, Melanie, tatyana nd Rocsi looks cute.
    Michelle’s dress is cute, for casual wear.
    Wendy yesss i love it.

20. hey yall says:

Eddie and Rocsi, really! she looks cute tho..Ciara that hair has to go love the dress…tatyana always look tired and greasy ..I’ma need Michelle to get down on a few burgers..Tamia looks great..but i dont like the hand bag..lol @kenny lattimore’s face..leon is looking fine as always.. and Tichina Arnold baby what are u doing!..

21. Ayana says:

Tatyana’s dress was the best

22. Pauline says:

everybody dressed better for the pre-party than the actual awards…

23. fre-fashion says:

So many beautiful dresses!

24. BeBe Jones says:

In the words of Jimmy Early … “you can fake your way to the top round and a round” Rocsi … OPPORTUNIST. *that’s all*

25. Rae says:

Selita was on a roll last weekend I see. I’m loving her BET awards selections.

26. Reicie says:

Everyone looked WAAAY better here then at the awards…how’s that? And how old is Rocsi? REALLY?

27. Liah says:

Tatyana looks amazing! What a pleasant surprise.
    And I like Melanie’s look too. It’s nice to see her hair pulled away from her face. Ms. Fiona is becoming a fashion favorite of mine.

28. love those vince camuto pumps!!