• The folks over at Ford Models want to know if Kanye West is planning on diving into men’s fashion. The agency took to Twitter to ponder, “Is Kanye also doing a menswear show this week in Paris?” The ladies over at Fashionista are suspicious. Ford Models isn’t exactly the sort of establishment prone to starting false rumors, and Kanye West was spotted visiting label A.P.C’s studios on his recent trip to Paris. Hmm… If this is true, I think Kanye might be better at designing (or at least overseeing the design process for) menswear. What do you think? Do you want to see a Kanye Men’s label? (Fashionista)
• It is confirmed: Lady Gaga will cover Vogue‘s upcoming September issue. This will be the pop singer’s second cover for the glossy. Other faces we’ll see on the newsstands in September: Nicole Kidman for V and Emma Stone for Interview (Styleite)
• Sarah Jessica Parker and Victoria Beckham are indeed not collaborating on a clothing line together. We relayed the rumor to you guys yesterday, and today, Vogue UK confirmed the story was just that. (Vogue UK)
• In honor of their upcoming musical, Viva Forever!, The Spice Girls are auctioning off a few of their old costumes. We’re talking iconic Spice Girls pieces some of us may or may not have tried to recreate for ’90s themed parties in college. *Sigh*, if only I had the money! In the meantime, watch the Girls chat about the new musical, alongside writer Jennifer Saunders and producer Judy Craymer. Here’s hoping Viva Forever! makes its stateside debut in the near future! (Global Grind)
• PETA is once again up in arms over a trifle. This time the animal rights organization is upset over Mary Kate and Ashley‘s exorbitantly priced (that’s $17,000!) patchwork animal fur bag for The Row Pre-Fall 2012. They built a whole flash-heavy webpage denouncing the “Trollsen Twins,” (whom they call Hairy-Kate and Trashley), complete with a video and a game in which you can dress the sisters up in (dead) exotic skins.“If it looks like a troll and acts like a troll, it’s probably a Trollsen Twin—or someone wearing one of their new $16,000 totes, which are made from the fur and skins of innocent animals,” PETA told E! News. “What the Olsens lack in creativity, they try to make up for in shock value. Sadly, it’s the foxes, calves, and alligators—who often have the fur ripped off them while they are still conscious and able to feel pain—who pay the dearest price.” Blah blah blah. Perhaps they took time to make a statement over this non-issue because they ran out of animals to euthanize? (E! News)
• Vanessa Simmons is set to debut her swimwear line, Rose by Vanessa Jean at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami on July 22nd. Can’t wait to see what she rolls out!
• It looks like we’re not the only ones loving Solange Knowles‘s personal style. The folks over at the Telegraph took some time out to pay homage to June’s most stylish starlet. (Telegraph)