June 28th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Genevieve Jones, Jordin Sparks, Salma Hayek, and More!
By Faith

Happy Thursday everyone!

To say that this week is a slow one in fashion is an understatement. Though the Spring 2013 Menswear Shows are happening in Milan, celebrity style has been few and far between. I guess all of our favorite stylish stars are on vacation!

At any rate, check out some of this week’s hottest looks:

Genevieve Jones was the epitome of femininity at the Take This Waltz Special Screening in New York City. I really like the elegance of her black and pink embroidered gown.

While making an appearance on “The Heat” at SiriusXM Studios in New York City, Jordin Sparks gave us all a lesson in colorblocking in a two-tone blazer, blue tank, black skinnies, and black peep-toe pumps. Cute!

Salma Hayek went for all-black on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in a sleeveless LBD and platform pumps.

Our First Lady and President are beautiful aren’t they? The Obamas looked summer chic on the South Lawn of the White House for the Annual Picnic for the members of Congress.

Alexis Welch (Amar’e Stoudemire’s fiancée) kept it simple at the Calvin Klein Menswear Spring 2013 Presentation in Milan. I am looking forward to seeing more looks from her!

Over in LA, Selena Gomez went bright in an electric pink paillette sleeveless dress with feather appliqué and lace trim from Emilio Pucci’s Spring 2012 collection. She finished her look with $462 Jimmy Choo Dart Sandals. Hot!

It was all about dark romance for Li Bingbing who chose a floral print silk georgette halter dress with a velvet panel from Gucci’s Fall 2012 collection while at the 2012 Shanghai Film Festival Closing Ceremony. This is pure elegance from head to toe, though I would like to see her go for some of the brand’s more daring looks in the future.

Ne-Yo brought a little bit of NYC to London nightclub, Aura, in a classic New York Yankees fitted which he paired with a leather jacket from Louis Vuitton, denim, and white kicks.

Over in Las Vegas (where I will be next week), Kat Graham performed at Pure Nightclub. While on the red carpet, she wore a cropped tank, Leg Bones Leggings by BlackMilk, and studded pumps. Everything works here, but the shoes! I know they’re a bit overdone, but wouldn’t the $1,195 Christian Louboutin Pigalle Spikes Pumps have looked hot with this ensemble?

Tatyana Ali chose a halter jumpsuit and bronze accessories while attending Spotify’s Quincy Jones Media Event at Andaz in Hollywood. I’m not in love with her shoe choice, but the jumpsuit looks fab on her and her haircut is hot!

Rosie Perez also rocked a jumpsuit while at the Savages New York City Premiere. She looks beautiful!

Last, but not least was Rihanna who wore three of her favorite pieces: a Peace, Love, and Understanding Spiked Fitted Hat (this time in black), her Armani Jeans Denim Jumpsuit, and her Timberland Boots. I like this look, but the Timbs are a hmm…not because a New York City girl like me doesn’t love Timbs, but they just aren’t ideal with the jumpsuit!

Who had your favorite looks this week?

16 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Genevieve Jones, Jordin Sparks, Salma Hayek, and More!”

1. A slow week is right if this is all we can come up with. Jordin looks cute. I like Kat’s outfit, but she could’ve chosen a better shoe. Li looks good as well. Everyone else…

2. AmazinRee says:

How old is Amare’s fiance? She looks old.

3. robyn says:

I like Jordin’s outfit a lot but something about how the tank comes out under the blazer bothers me. Maybe if she tucked the shirt in, I wouldn’t feel some kind of way…but regardless she looks amazing and I need that blazer asap!

4. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Not really feeling the looks. I do love Tatyana’s jumper. Super cute! I would so rock that denim jumper Rihanna’s wearing. Dope!

5. Stylishly Yours says:

Jordin Sparks looks super cute!! Loving this blazer. Salma Hayek looks nice. Genevieve Jones is dreadful looks like funeral attire. First Lady looks ok. Rihanna looks like a mechanic. And everyone else…. there are no words.

6. momoMONEY says:

“all of our favorite stylish stars are on vacation” Ouch! I was expecting all hmms lol but any who.. The Obama’s are so lovely.

7. Miss Monet says:

I didnt know Riri was a mechanic too lol. Jordin looks cute. Thats about it though

8. Hello says:

Why is Genevieve even here that dress is gross, Rosie Perez and Selena Gomez look cute

9. CHELE says:

I like the selections for the week for the most part :) Certain ppl just never have anything good to say..ijs

10. Shelly says:

Tatyana Ali looks refreshingly gorgeous here. I love the nude/tan color jumpsuit against her brown skin, and the contrast of her dark hair. All three colors compliment each other. I too do not like the shoe choice, but I can live with it. Selma Hayek, Jordin Sparks (would have liked a different/younger lip color) and Rosie Perez (from the ankle up) look nice as well. Everyone else…meh….

11. I like the all black ensembles worn by Rosie and Selma–cute! Oh and of course Mr. President and First Lady always look cute as a button when together.

12. Neche says:

Selena Gomez needs to refer to Miley Cyrus for some fashion advise on what girls their age wear because MIley has stepped it up but Selena keeps dressing like a 60 yr old Woman

13. Anna says:

Genevieve gets ashier and skinnier every year….smh

14. Ms.Missy says:

Genevieve Jones …hmmm whatever make up she puts on her face…it makes her look like she made out of CLAY. Just Weird..to me

15. Marthe says:

Kat Graham and Salma Hayek definitly looked best .

16. My favorite??? I’m a casual kinda girl who would live in jeans if I could. So I reckon my favorite is Rihanna in her denim with spikey hat and tartan ribbon. As you said, I could do without the unlaced Timbs but it is a casual look.