June 28th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Rihanna

Rihanna was spied exiting London’s Corinthia hotel in a flashy red and pink Acne tuxedo suit, accented by $1,075 Simone Rocha Perspex Brogues:

The “You da One” singer accented her loud outfit with a printed bustier top, a $2,315 Jacque Aiche diamond filigree body chain, and pink lipgloss.

Her menswear inspired heels boast an elevated lucite heel.

We’ve been waiting ever so patiently for Rihanna to have a style moment like the good old days, and I think this ensemble is a step in the right direction. It’s unique, tailored, and eye catching…I think it’s kinda hot!
What do you think?

*Rita Ora has worn the brogues in black before:

Which color do you prefer?

* If you are really digging these Simone Rochas brogues, but aren’t feeling that price tag, you can get the look for less with Jeffrey Campbell’s Upend shoe for $180.

SoleStruck also carries the currently sold-out shoes. Inquire about restocking at their website.

Images: Wenn

30 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Rihanna’s London Corinthia Hotel Acne Pre-Fall 2012 Red and Pink Tuxedo Suit and Simone Rocha Perspex Brogues”

1. babloo says:

That’s my Rih Rih! <3

Ummmm yea I love the suit. Hate the hair and the shoes. I see where she was trying to go with the look tho. Maybe I just don’t like white shoes.

3. jeda says:

I guess she is heading in the right direction away from that just woke up/ i dont care look. But its still not working for me. Better luck next time Rih.
    Blessings

4. Dionne says:

Yessss Rihanna!! I actually love this look even with wierd shoes. Lol

5. Twerk says:

Love this look! Not so much the shoes though

6. Lucy says:

Why is it that Rihanna has worn numerous items Rita has worn? I know sometimes things like this happen but now its just starting to seem stalker status like.

7. hahahaha says:

@Lucy….exactly, and people swear it’s Rita copying Rihanna. Rihanna’s clearly a fan of her label mate’s style. They both look a mess in the pics above though.

8. I usually don’t criticize RiRi publicly because she is “my daughter in my head”. But this is a miss, the pieces are phenomenal but she didn’t kill it. Maybe if the pant was a tapered relax fit. The shoe is pretty hot. She should have rocked the shoe with a hot tailored short/jacket combo. I don’t style celebs but I would love to style Riri. I would kill it because she is NOT afraid. Now Claire please with the crazy Rita. She just hurts my eyes and make me want to puke. Rita reminds me of the girl in the hood who’s not wrap to tight up stairs, who wears the most outlandish outfits and is oblivious to her true look. I hit the nail on the head with that description. Who the heck is RITA OTIS??

9. Crystal says:

I like everything except that wig, it’s dreadful.

10. BK says:

It is clear her stylist has quit her.

11. nike says:

She looks cute. I prefer the white pair.

12. taffie says:

Dont know about the shoes but the tuxedo is absolutely hot!! Looks good on her too.

13. Tessa B says:

Its Ok. Not good but not bad either. I do l like the white shoes better than the black.

14. I would love this look if it weren’t for the floral bustier and the bad hair.

15. Stylishly Yours says:

I dont know why I’m thinking ‘ice skater’. Like she’s about to get on the rink and pull this off cause theres something cuter underneath lol. Anyway the shoes are different, I would love the blazer if it were fitted, and the pants are ok. Idk…. i guess it’s better than her normal looks as of late.

16. hayilabc says:

yeah i voted hot because it’s not quite a hmm… i like the shoe/blazer combo but that wig is turrrrrrrriblee. it looks like dog hair. and i don’t like the floral bustier maybe if she still had a white bustier w/ more of an all over print of something else. the flowers look random. her makeup is gorge.

17. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Yes to Rihanna’s look!! Sooo cauutee!!

18. Allie says:

Love the outfit!! Not so much her hair though. She needs to cut it off again. It was a good look for her.

19. Dobe says:

That suit is fire! Shoes, not so much. But “a step in the right direction” were the exact words that came to mind when I saw this.

That hair is going to ruin quite a few good looks, though. Where does the bang even start??

20. metoo247 says:

wtf does she have on? I dont care what none of you say…she looks a mess from head to toe.

21. Sherida says:

OMG I was wondering what to do with my Jeffrey Campbell ‘Floats’!!!!

22. My Response says:

@thefashionistachic, She’s your daughter in your head? well might i say you’re doing a horrible job at parenting?

Anyway the shoes are horrible, however, rihanna’s look is better she just needs to get rid of the awful wig.

23. Neche says:

Those shoes are UGLY. But the suit is pretty. She looks cute.
    Visit and please leave a comment

24. Eureka says:

The first thought that came to mind when I saw this was “Jesus keep me near the cross” extreme I know but this is horrible from beginning to end. I do believe I would love those pants alone……

25. Anna says:

Rihanna: love everything but the wig. And that awkward Rita Orwhatever needs to just go forever, she makes my computer screen so blurry….

26. Erin says:

It’s quite obvious that Rihanna is heavily influenced by Rita.

27. Jhess says:

not a fan of this look.

28. lola says:

RITA ORA, HAVE SEVERAL SEATS ALL THE WAY AT THE BACK OF THE BROKE DOWN BUS. I CANNOT WITH THAT CHICK. BETWEEN HER AND RIHANNA, I DON’T KNOW WHO I FIND MORE IRRITATING.

29. iM Me says: