June 26th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping
By Faith

Tika Sumpter was spotted on the red carpet for the New York Premiere of Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection. She paired a $1,595 Stella McCartney Contoured Colorblock Sheath Dress with $650 Olcay Gulsen Ankle Strap Pumps:

Check out a close-up of her pumps: they’re definitely not for amateurs!

Her sold-out dress is straight from the brand’s Fall 2011 runway, featuring one of the season’s hottest trends: colorblocking!

Her platform pumps boast adjustable buckle ankle straps and sky-high 7″ heels.

I love this dress on Tika and her toned figure, but the shoes take away from the sleek and minimalist lines of the whole look. Would you wear 7″ heels? I like to think of myself as pretty daring in the fashion department, but these are beyond what I would try.

Tika’s dress is sold-out, but if you’re up for the splurge you can get her pumps at www.olcaygulsen.com.

What do you think?

19 Responses to “Splurge: Tika Sumpter’s Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection New York Premiere Stella McCartney Contoured Colorblock Sheath Dress and Olcay Gulsen Ankle Strap Pumps”

1. KayGee says:

That dress is fabulous! That’s all.

2. Pari says:

I loooovvveee the dress! It gives her the most beautiful shape. I hate the shoes though. I wish the platform trend would die.

3. hayilabc says:

Not a good match but both pieces look great separately.

4. Cleo says:

I actually think the dress and shoes pair with each other very nicely. :)

5. Sasha says:

Love the heels!

6. If I see another person in that damn dress…

7. lolodoll11 says:

Love everything from the ankle up. Those shoes are hideous. Should be considered a lethal weapon.

8. Bronze says:

She is perfect but she could have worn orange,red or pink platforms. That two-toned white and beige looks average.

9. BigA says:

Love the dress just not with those heels…her body looks greAt in it too…

10. Vann says:

I actually have the same dress and it’s from celeb boutique. If you notice,,, Stella’s dress has like an ash color on the bottom,, whereas the one Tika’s wearing is the same color top & bottom.

I still love both dresses!!! As for her shoes,,, #Majorfail
    I sure hope she gets back with Malik soon,, I’m sure Tasha (Mack) will help her get her gear straight!!!
    Lol

11. The dress is nice, but she should have done a colored shoe. I like the shoes, but they weren’t the best look for the dress.

12. itsjustme says:

@Pari– agree with your entire comment.

@Vann– thank you, i thought the tones in the dress were off a bit.

13. endESQ says:

That dress is everything. Those shoes are nothing.

14. makeeasweet says:

wow that dress fits her like a glove,its perfect.from the front,the shoes look really ugly.she not wearing any accessories at all and her shoes are whack,bet yet she still look hot.

15. Bay2A says:

Oh Tika. She’s so beautiful yet never gets it quite right. The dress is amazeballs! The shoes are stupid. As is that Morticia hair she insists on rocking. Too bad because she is gorgeous.

16. Briana says:

Eh…I’ve seen better.

17. Taylor says:

I like this!

18. Tessa B says:

Love the dress! Love she shoes! Together, not so much…

19. Neche says:

She did those heels good justice and that dress looks stunning on her!