June 25th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
By Faith

The temperatures cooled off just a tad this weekend, but summer is still in full swing and all roads lead to the 4th of July!

Celebs definitely turned up the heat in the style department: Prabal Gurung’s Resort 2013 party had all of my favorite long-legged beauties in attendance and Hackney Weekend in London was the place to be for good music.

Let’s get into this weekend’s looks!

Zoe Saldana has been Prabal Gurung’s biggest fan since the inception of his brand, thus she was front and center at his Resort 2013 Party at Indochine in New York City. Naturally, she wore pieces from the collection in a red and white peplum blouse, a bow-accented belt to match, and floral track shorts. She rounded out her look with strappy Nicholas Kirkwood pumps. So cute!

Supermodel beauties Liu Wen and Joan Smalls were also in attendance at the fête, both in dresses from Pre-Fall 2012 and Fall 2012 respectively. Hot! Joan’s dress is to die for!

Last, but not least was jewelry designer Monique Pean who shut it down in a printed sheath from the Pre-Fall 2012 collection and $1063 Givenchy Embellished Wolffish Sandals. Work Monique!

Over in London, Serena Williams partied it up at the WTA Pre-Wimbledon Party. She wore a purple taffeta dress with a mesh neckline from Burberry and accessorized with glittering jewels and $595 Velvet and Leather Platform Sandals from the brand. Serena had lost me for a bit with her wardrobe choices, but this look is definitely on point.

Venus Williams was also on hand at the Pre-Wimbledon Party alongside her sister and she went neutral in a $640 Amanda Wakeley Draped Satin Dress and nude peep-toe pumps. This is quite a pretty look, but the hair throws me off: she should have pulled her braids up into a chic chignon for the night. I would have also loved statement earrings to give her ensemble some sparkle instead of simple hoops.

Rihanna made quite the splash in London during Hackney Weekend. She was spotted outside of the Corinthian Hotel with bff Melissa in a $68 American Apparel Accordion Trapeze Dress and Oliver Peoples Mande sunglasses. This style works on Rih’s tall frame, but of course cinching the waist is ideal. Cute dress! And Melissa’s hair = hot!

Jay-Z rocked the stage at Hackney Weekend as well, looking cool in a Billionaire Boys Club military mulit camo molle jacket and a leather Brooklyn Nets fitted.

Rita Ora got her party on at DSTRKT in London. There’s so much going on here! And those Jordans…what are we going to do with her?

In classier news, model Du Juan was spotted on the red carpet at a screening of Déjà Vu in Shanghai. For the occasion, she wore a barnacle black lace fishtail dress from Alexander McQueen’s Spring 2012 collection. Flawless!

Actress Li Bingbing was also in Shanghai at the 2012 Shanghai Film Festival. She opted for a head-to-toe look from Gucci’s Fall 2012 collection. A little covered for my taste: what do you think?

Back in the States, Jaden Smith indulged in some retail therapy at Toys R Us in Cali. Not feeling his sneakers so much with this look, but I love his animal print pants!

Nicole Scherzinger definitely shimmered on the red carpet while at TAO Nightclub in Las Vegas. Her gold cowlneck mini dress and bow-detailed slingback pumps definitely give me Vegas showgirl.

At the 2012 Los Angeles Film Festival Premiere of Magic Mike, Camila Alves chose a royal blue sequin cocktail dress with black geometric sheer inserts from Emilio Pucci’s Spring 2012 collection. Hot!

Last, but not least was Kim Kardashian who kept it totally neutral in Los Angeles. She sure does love a Rick Owens leather jacket and those Balmain boots!

Who had your favorite looks this weekend?
~Faith

34 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm… Prabal Gurung’s Resort 2013 Party, Serena Williams, Rihanna, and More!”

1. nicole says:

Kim K…you seemed to miss the memo that its summertime…..

2. hayilabc says:

I hate Zoe and Rihanna’s shoe choice with their outfits.
    Jaden, RIta Ora and Venus look a mess. Venus’s dress really just seems ill fitting or doesn’t hang right on her body so her and her ashy ankles do it no justice. I also hate whatever Jay Z is wearing.

3. taffie says:

Rita ora those jordans are a no no. rihanna tried. Jaden is turning into to handsome young man, i like. :)

4. Jaida says:

Kim K. is wearing leather in the summertime. Her style never changes. Zzzzzzzzz… NEXT. I would’ve loved Rihanna’s dress more had it been cinched at the waist with a cute belt.

5. KBS says:

I’m so glad Jayden cut his hair, and Kimmy cakes looks cute-rick Owens does the best biker jackets.
    IDK why Rhianna and Fantasia don’t believe in bras, but hey, do you momma!

6. Likkle Miss says:

Kim is obviously in denial about the seasons and I can’t tell Willow and Jaden apart. That is all.

7. hehe says:

Hate Rita’s sneakers with that outfit. Rihanna’s outfit could have been better. Nicole Scherzinger’s outfit is circa 2001, meaning it’s dated as well as boring. Kim K is just so boring to me; yeah she has cute pieces but the way she wears doesn’t do anything.

8. Tessa B says:

Those J’s are huge on Rita!!! cute jacket Kim..Monique looks great! With Jaden’s haircut and Willow low cut, they literally look like identical twins!

9. Erin D. says:

I’m sorry, maybe I’m just ignorant, but what is the weather like in LA right now?

10. LaTasha says:

I love Monique Penn’s dress.

I see Venus with the braids. I guess we’re bringing back the 90′s.

Rita Ora…I just can’t with her….Oh and memo to Kim: It’s summertime sweetie. It’s ok to wear summer clothes. I would love to see you in a maxi dress.

11. Tai says:

Why is Kim K stuck in winter. It is almost July! Put on some sandals at least goodness! Just thinking about wearing ankle boots right now in this weather is making my feet sweat

12. Jihan says:

Venus’s ashy feet…

:’(

13. Sharri says:

I disagree with the cinched in waist of Rihi’s dress, I think too many ladies belt outfits when leaving it be is better, especially when you are model tall and thin, like the gorgeous lady inquestion and wearing an interesting detail, like head to toe pleats with casual shoes; plus the dress is sheer so you can see her waist through it, which is hot.

14. Brandon says:

To answer the questions regarding the weather in LA it is currently ranging between about 70-85 degrees on the daily.

15. jeda says:

I almost thought Jaden was Willow

16. nattral says:

*squints really hard* That doesn’t look like Venus Williams to me. Did she get some work done?

17. Shelly says:

I miss the old Rihanna…

18. tia says:

Venus and Nicole need stylists. and if stylists put those look together, then they need to be fired. these two NEVER get it right

19. Crystal says:

I like Rihanna’s dress un-belted. When you have her body, you can do things like that. WHY would she need to accentuate her waist? Serena’s dress does not look anything close to a Burberry. If I had Balmain boots and a Rick Owens leather jacket, I’d wear them all the time too but are we sure she’s in LA? I sure hope not.

20. Wendy says:

@nattral, you took the words right out of my mouth. I didn’t even know that was Venus either, something is off with her face, it could be due to the medication she’s on for her Sjorgen’s syndrome.

21. Dom says:

Zoe and Joan are serving it up HOT this week, I see. Jaden’s pants need to go.

22. aries says:

it was good to see some different people like Camilla, Nicole, Venus and Serena.

23. peezy says:

Kim has been dressing like its fall/winter, not a fan of her looks recently. However if it was cold out her looks would work!

24. Dani says:

First time i see Venus Williams look and dress very well… The braids are gorgeous on her and she look more comfortable and chic…

25. My Response says:

Kim looks amazing as usual but she’s in LA isn’t it hot there?

26. ChasB says:

Jayden Smith is a handsome little thing! Zoe looks FAB as usual, and I loves Rih’s dress as is.

27. Marthe says:

Serena Williams looks great. And I cannot help it, but Kim K. is and stays the best to me. She really has the clothes/style i dream of and have as an idea of my own style.

28. Marthe says:

I meant Venus williams.

29. Vick says:

I jayden was willow lol..

30. Jayden looks nice and handsome.

31. binks says:

Meh…not really wowed by anyone

32. Jojo says:

@Jihan, LOL, I noticed the same thing

33. Siyam says:

lol @Jihan and Brandon…thanks for the weather and skin report hahahah

34. N. Pitt says:

Venus feet are not ashy, its called tan lines people. She does wear socks and tennis shoes majority of the time…..Duh