June 21st, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Amarachi from DC

Today’s Bombshell is Amarachi from DC:

She writes, “I’m a fashion blogger/ accessories designer who just so happens to be plus size.”

” I believe in taking risks no matter what size you are.”

” Fashion has set a lot of rules for Big girls…””

“… and I’m here to break them.”

“I would describe my style as all over the place.”

” One day I may dress grown and sexy…”

“…. the next day my outfit would be wild and fun.”

” I’m so happy I started my blog, I’m meeting so many other big beautiful women like myself that have this craving for fashion.. its unbelievable!”

I know how you feel! See more of Amarachi’s looks at www.AmarachiUkachu.com.
What do you think?

Posted In
93 comments

93 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Amarachi from DC”

1. ugk says:

thats what i love about fasionbombdaily …. i stay looking at post saying “If she can do it I can to”

2. JoI! says:

I must say that I am somewhat impressed that a big girl can still be fashionable minus the shorts.Most larger women I know suffer from clothing that is either too tight or just not flattering. Stay away from shorts, they are not your friend girl.

3. LawyerChic says:

I loooooved everything except the shorts. Shorts are so tricky to wear. I want everything in that red maxi dress look. She did that one!

4. Pinky says:

Nice. I Loved her looks, minus the white shorts outfit because the fit was unflattering. Love the colors, accessories & how she changes her hair up.

5. Dom says:

That suede fringe clutch is the business! Love the tied white shirt and maxi too– fresh take on a common trend.

6. loveis4u says:

finally a plus size girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…….but unfortunately the shorts and that big fringe bag bigger than earth has me unimpressed. For plus size , shorts can be an option in some cases, but for you not so much. Like your style dont get me wrong. And your boldness is amazing……..but please no more shorts. If you wana do shorts, keep them at the knee!!!!

7. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Very well put together! She dresses very nice!

8. Martinique_Fr says:

I like everything except the shorts… Good Job Amarachi!

9. leathercandy says:

Omg…I love it!!!!!!I went to your blog and Iove that as well..being a fellow plus size chic and a jewelry designer…I vote bombshell all the way around!!!!!

10. Bella says:

I love her look!!! you did a great job putting everything together…as for the shorts you wear what makes you feel comfortable and beautiful you!! I can see the confidence shine through the pictures. Keep it up hun!!

11. Aida says:

Yes she is very fashionable love it!

12. Angie says:

Love your looks; The shorts…hmmm not so much. But other than that you represent the Big Bold and Beautiful very well

13. MiDe says:

So many nice pieces! I like her looks!

14. hey yall says:

Yup she get’s my vote..Keep doing u..I like the longer hair on her…

15. hey yall says:

OH AND I LIKE THE SHORTS..

16. mrzmuck says:

hawt!

17. naira says:

loved it, her colors are amazing too…

18. Bajan Candy says:

Okay ma’am, I see you! Love it—->Bombshell!

19. Camillia says:

I truly love her style!! Fabulous!

20. whatevs says:

the best rule I ever learned about style…what you wear (hair, makeup, lingerie, shoes, clothes, etc.) should make you look amazing at the very least good…stay away from stuff that’s cute but makes you look a mess…accentuate your positives…

I’ll keep it cute and not comment on this young lady…I can see she has a positive light and is enjoying fashion…

21. The last photo with the maxi skirt and the white top gave me chills….absolutely beautiful!!

22. Izhause says:

Yes she’s pretty and most definitely a Bombshell !

23. NikkiB. says:

I like the fact that she’s comfortable in her skin and is doing what she loves. Kudos!

24. SPA says:

this young lady looks fantastic! the long red maxi, and the tie-dyed maxi and white shirt are my favorites.

25. omgfantastic says:

she looks better with her arms covered. and, those short shorts – black ones in particular – are just in absolute poor taste.

to me it seems like overweight women just want to wear everything just to prove a point. not everyone looks good in everything, slender women included. tight, tattered short shorts, esp. with cellulite-ridden thighs don’t look good on many people, including her.

26. HavilandClarke says:

Fringe clutch bag is everything!!

27. Ena says:

I like her daring. Sometimes not the most flattering but she is a bombshell. I think the shorts look pretty good on her ( and so do her legs). Maybe the white ones are a bit too short but it could also be the angle. There are plenty slim women with cellulite too.

28. MMMilan1 says:

Ugh, I hate how critical women can be on one another! There’s a thin line between being “real/honest” and being NEGATIVE! Keep it positive or keep it moving! I think her overall style and presentation is great! Keep being yourself chica!

29. Bre says:

I LOVED IT DEF A FASHION BOMBSHELL…

all ya’ll saying shes too big to wear shorts… STFU and go to hell.

But girlllll none of these houses look like they are in my city. You aint from DC… You from Marylandddddddddd. lol

30. Chele says:

I love her style! Shorts are tricky and WE…(a plus size woman myself) have to be careful about the length we chose. The light blue shorts are GORG! No one should ever be “impressed” to say the least about the way anyone dresses or can “pull something off” just because of their size..things can look a mess on slender ppl as well…ijs :) To sum it up, job well done :)

31. AmarachiU. says:

Thank you all for your wonderful comments!.. and for the not so great comments thank you as well :)

.. & I’m from Bowie,MD i forgot to submit my location.

32. QRUSHVELVET says:

Me likey alot!!!

33. ShoesAreFUn says:

I am from MArylannnnnndddd! I think she looks gorgeous! Bomb shell indeed! And that bag (fringe) to die for! Plus that statement piece neklace yessss GAWDDDDD!!

34. Moni says:

You know I’m gonna rock the maxi and the white shirt right?

Fabulous all the way!

35. Lonyx says:

A Bombshell Indeed !!!!!!!

36. tammy says:

AMAZING!!!

37. Chuntel says:

Ummmm no ma’am!
    Where’s the style? She look alright but def not killing it (IMO) and she could stand to work out! You can be plus size and shapely!

38. Nikki G says:

She is FLAWLESS and her style… whoa! I am loving this Fashion Bomb , Fashion has no size, no limit and no handbook! SHE JUST SERVED US SO HARD!!

39. ladyluo says:

Please no more shorts unless maybe knee length. With that said. I LOVE the white shirt, long skirt and fringe bag look. WHERE did you get that skirt? I need it

40. PIECESLY.CO.NR says:

Amarachi..you are beautiful and gorgeous…..i wish i have 6 thumbs to give you 6 thumbs up. love ur blog already. boom BOMBSHELL

41. ladyluo says:

I guess the tie die are pants not a skirt from your blog. love them

42. caribbelle says:

She has style. She has an eye, and a damn good one too. Loving the looks. Off to checkout her blog!

43. Bella says:

her shorts look GOOD … bump that U DID THAT Amarachi

44. babykakes says:

I like the red dress with the pretty accessories, and the outfit with the blue shorts.. The outfit with the cut off black shorts, no no no; those shorts are not flatttering.

45. SDAR says:

She has amazing style. Not a fan of the shorts at all. Not sure why saying that makes a person negative though. Yes, some fashion rules can be broken, but some of them are in place because it is best for all involved..

46. Jackie says:

She looks great in everything! Personally, I like the shorts and I know I’d wear them. Actually, I’d wear everything here with the exception of the earrings and that’s only b/c I wear studs almost exclusively :)

47. Tiffani K says:

I think she is bombshell..I am not liking the fit of the white shorts/blue shirt outfit…or the black shorts period but to me her legs themselves look fine in them. Get it gurl!