June 20th, 2012
Fashion News, Kanye West, Naomi Campbell
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Here’s a first look at what to expect from the Narciso Rodriguez/Kohl’s collaboration.

Rodriguez kicks off Kohl’s new Design Nation Program, in which designers are tapped to create a month-long capsule collection inspired by a trip to the city of their choosing. Rodriguez chose Istanbul as his muse: “There is such a great mix of Europe and Asia [in Istanbul], and a really cool new scene, from the arts to the kids, the graffiti, the colors of the streets, the patinas on the walls, the tiles on the floors.” The collection will include knitwear, outerwear, dresses and tops with prices ranging from $30  to $150. Excited? Hold on to your britches, because WWD says Derek Lam is the next designer to participate in the program! Kohl’s better do the dern thing! (Fashionista)

Dion Lee told Fashionista that he had no plans to sell the cute-but-uncomfortable-looking pumps Kanye West designed for his Resort 2013 collection. “There’s no current intention to sell them,” he said. “It was just a collaboration that came about really naturally. [Kanye and I] have a mutual friend, a stylist I work with [Christine Centenera]. It just kind of went from there. We haven’t talked about doing shoes ongoing.” (Fashionista)

Naomi Campbell is a fan of the Real Housewives franchise, but you won’t catch her acting ratchet on camera. “Of course, I would never expose myself in that way,” she said. Keep it cute, boo! (W)

• Need some variety in your jewelry box? Drapes by Ashley Scott is having an archive sale, but you can only take advantage of the discounts by e-mailing ashleydrapes@gmail.com with your picks. Buy two pieces and get one free! In the meantime, check out what Ashley has to offer at her website, ashleydrapes.com.

Topshop and the BFC have announced this year’s NEWGEN sponsorship recipients. JW Anderson, J.JS Lee,    Marques Almeida, Nasir MazharLucas NascimentoSister by SiblingChristopher Raeburn, Michael van der Ham and Simone Rocha‘s respective runway shows and presentations will all be supported by the program. (Inside Out)

• It looks like JC Penney‘s “no sale” policy hasn’t been working out. This year, the retailer has lost $163 million, and a 20% dip in sales in the first three months of 2012. Ouch. But that’s not stopping CEO Ron Johnson. The man has no intention of bringing back sales: “I think the strategy is working well,” he said. “I’m quick to learn and quick to act, but we will not waver.” Um, why anyone would continue a model that has proven to be unprofitable is beyond me, but it’s not my stocks plummeting! To help sales, the JCPenney will launch its “shop in shop” initiative, in which brands like I Heart Ronson and Levi Strauss will create little boutiques within the larger department store. (Racked)

~Jihan

10 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: A Look at Narciso Rodriguez’s Range for Kohl’s, Dion Lee Has No Plans to Sell Kanye West Shoes, and JC Penney’s No Sale Policy Fails”

1. LaTasha says:

Love the Ashley Scott earrings. And for JC Penney. I’m not sure what to say about them. I don’t think the store having sales was the problem. The bigger issue is that the store is outdated. It still looks the same from when I was a kid, the logo is the same… just uhh. Please move into the future with fashion, remodel the store and maybe you can make a profit. Oh well. I will use Claire’s line on this one” It’s not my stock that plummeting!”

2. LaTasha says:

sorry I meant Jihan’s line.

3. BougieHippie says:

The department stores a racking in these high-end designers! brilliant!

4. jeda says:

I knew that this new JCP no sale thing was not gonna fly at all. Even if the stuff is expensive, people wanna feel like they are getting a bargain, they want am extra reason to get up early on a Saturday morning to go shopping cus they know there’s a sale going on. If not, they’re always gonna know that the same thing is gonna be there tomorrow at the same price. That gives no motivation to get up and shop and get what you need/want today. Boo to JCP and the CEO, for not realizing that.
    Blessings

5. I4Fashion says:

I shop at JCpenny and i love the new method…they reduce prices every 1st and 3rd Fridays..so the prices r lower and it is a sale …its just not a typical sale…i shop there for myself and my daughter and the prices are phenomonal (sp)

6. Jackie says:

All I have to say is that Ron Johnson is a phenomenal business man. And I’m sure JCP profits will turn around in the near future.

While Johnson was at Apple, ‘under his direction Apple’s stores achieved a record level of growth, exceeding a billion dollars in annual sales within two years of their debut.’

These are facts, lol!

7. yusufswifee says:

JCPen – na…like folks say Tar – ga…is fab…I admit alot of times I dont end up in there…but they have stepped up there game alot in the past few years and they have some fab stuff…clothes and home. I hope they pull it out…the sales thing is fine. Heck it works for Macy’s I am still surprised to see folks shopping in there sunday thru thursday, but whatever….

8. Cameron says:

How funny for Naomi to say that, when in fact I just read about, Naomi Campbell pleading guilty to charges of assaulting two police officers during a dispute at Heathrow airport and also Campbell admitted to using threatening and abusive language to cabin crew and another public order offence, bringing her total number of guilty pleas to six. Sounds very Real House Wive acting to me…

9. Drea says:

I love JCP’s new model. They have definetly stepped it up and the clothes are a LOT cuter. I find their prices to be really reasonable. I don’t see why they would stop something they just implemented since its only been half a year. I think if they did a few higher end collabs similar to the Kohls one, it may boost sales. But everyone is doing those now. Also if they have specialists in each mini boutique that could help you with outfits, sizing, etc. that may be a nice special touch

10. caribbelle says:

I see you kohls, and so does my wallet!!