June 17th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Solange Knowles, Who Wore it Better

Prints mix master Solange Knowles continued her fashionable twirls the other day at the Brooklyn Bowl, pairing a periwinkle and gray Thread Social dress with the same $595 Miu Miu Resort 2012 Gingham Taffeta Slingbacks she wore to DJ a Miu Miu store opening in Houston:

While she stuck to her signature Afro and blue tones while kicking it in Williamsburg, she truly mixed it up in Houston, pulling long braids into a top bun, and setting it all off with a green and black lightning bolt print $2,350 Miu Miu Printed Silk Faille Mini Dress.
The blue taffeta gingham print pumps boast a point toe silhouette, 4″ skinny heels, and bow detailing.

I’m a sucker for blue tones, but for some reason am now wowed by the Brooklyn blue on blue combo (Update: her dress is by Thread Social). Her all Miu Miu outfit was super quirky, but somehow it worked! And I think I love the top bun braided style–and her sun kissed skin was just glowing! I think she rocked it in Houston. What do you say?

*We’re still on the hunt for her blue dress! We’ll update the post when we find it.
*I actually just snagged the shoes on super sale while in Atlanta!!

I’m getting ideas on how I’ll wear ‘em. You’ll be the first to see:)

21 Responses to “When Did She Wear it Better? Solange Knowles in Miu Miu’s Resort 2012 Gingham Taffeta Slingbacks”

1. Muah says:

None she looks a mess in both looks. I still don’t see what others see in her as far as her “style”. She has a great figure and skin that’s all.

2. Miss j says:

I love it better with the blue and grey dress

3. etiyi says:

I loved the outfit with the braid bun and green dress. It was so bold!

4. DivaFabulosa says:

I like the outfit she wrote in Brooklyn better.

5. Juice love says:

She looks great in both outfits I’m torn

6. manny says:

I love both! But I’m going to go with the green and black.

7. jess says:

With the blue dress, they look “off” with the green dress.

8. Nicole says:

Love the Brooklyn look the best but she looks great in both.

Ok Claire spill the beans on where you bought Miu Miu on sale in ATL please!

9. Tamara says:

The green dress look is straight from the look book. That’s the designer’s pairing. I think the shoes looks too matchy with the blue dress. I like the intentional clash of the blue and green.

10. honeydip says:

Nice!
    instagram:teetomato211

11. Claire says:

@Nicole I got them at Jeffrey’s at Phipps. I was blown away, they were having a *major* designer shoe sale. I wanted to splurge a bit more, there were so many goodies! They’re running low on sizes, so I’d say hop to it if you want them. I think I got the last size 40. xx

12. I like both looks, but she looks better in the blue on blue!

13. Thefav1 says:

I loved the old look b4 I seen the brooklyn bowl look love it! Love the shoes @Claire we wear the same size when you’re ready to sell please let me know first! :) lol

14. Sydni says:

the green miu miu dress!!! it works!!!

15. Dom says:

Love the Houston look. Honestly, with that smile and that skin and that hair, she could have worn anything and killed it!

16. metoo247 says:

I love those shoes. My favorite blogger, Blaire (Atlantic-Pacific) rocked those in pink: http://atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com/2012/05/gingham-girl.html

SUPER CUTE!!

17. Claire says:

@metoo247 I LOVE that blog! She’s bookmarked. So cute.

18. Sharri says:

Playful, fashionable, fearless, bold=style. Anyone can match a black dress to a pair of black shoes. If your first reaction is, “she looks a mess….really hate that term….it doesn’t even match;” you probably aren’t playful, not fashionable, not fearless, certainly not bold, which =no style.

19. Nicole says:

Thank Claire… I searched my heart out online looking for them and I am a size 40 and live in Jersey so probably no go for me on the shoes. i’ll make sure to stop in next time I’m in ATL.

20. web hosting says:

Thankyou for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting info . “Far from idleness being the root of all evil, it is rather the only true good.” by Kierkegaard.

21. HauteHatty says:

I am so waiting for you to post your Miu Mius on your closet sale sight. I have been searching for these for months hoping one pops up on ebay lol